Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/3511023902

February 05, 2007, 07:39 PM
zhamlau
Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (Breygent Marketing)
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
Box #2045 of 4800

I was really looking forward to this set. I went for one box since funds were a touch tight (Christmas, bills etc).

I can tell you the cards are superb. Real quality stock and beautifully designed cards.

My box yielded 1 full set, above average chase cards, but no autograph card and no sketch card.

Verdict: - will seriously consider whether to buy Breygent boxes in future. Shake Head to say I was disappointed, would be an understatement..

maybe you could write them and they could send you a sketch at least?

February 06, 2007, 01:19 PM
steve j
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:

Thank you Zhamlau for your concern. Unfortunately I do not think I can do this. The pack clearly states that the ratio of 1:24 for sketch art cards is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case, but the odds reflect an average of the entire production run.

It seems a bit hit and miss to me, and this is why if I have the option of an Inkworks/Rittenhouse/Strictly Ink/Topps or Breygent box, I'm afraid Breygent would appear at the bottom of my list. I only normally buy single boxes, and there is no point taking unnecessary risk, probably better to build the set bit by bit using trading / ebay.

The box however is guaranteed at least one full base set (#1 to #49 (This is written clearly on base of the box), so Non-sportcards above does have grounds to go back to Tom (Breygent), for the other cards, but not me.
February 06, 2007, 05:12 PM
Scifi Cards
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately I do not think I can do this. The pack clearly states that the ratio of 1:24 for sketch art cards is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case, but the odds reflect an average of the entire production run.

Steve,

I would still persue getting a sketch from Breygent, especiall when their website says this:

quote:
The series will feature 1 color sketch card per box by a diverse selection of artists, 4 different chase sets including a 6 card Creature From The Black Lagoon chase set (3 per box), 3 different 2-card puzzle chase sets (1 of each puzzle chase card per box) plus 1 autograph card per 2 boxes.

This is what you based your order on, not what is written on the box. Give them the opportunity to make it right at least.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 08, 2007, 02:01 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
My card shop had a box of these, so I bought some packs and got a Leah Mangue sketch-First Spaceship on Venus. These cards are great and gorgeous! I am considering buying a box. I notice on Jeff Allender's website, he lists the Dana Wynter and Kevin McCarthy autograph cards as VERY RARE. Has anyone pulled one yet?

February 08, 2007, 06:13 PM
meatwagon
Not yet.But I plan on getting more soon,so hopefully Big Grin
February 09, 2007, 10:06 AM
SHouseman
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Jeff Allender's site also lists a dealer sell sheet. When I contacted Breygent, I was told that a sell sheet was not printed. Does anyone actually have a sell sheet??

By the way, my two boxes are supposed to be delivered today, so I'll post my breakdowns either tonight or tomorrow.

I contacted Tom at Breygent a few weeks back wanting to know about the sell sheets for my collection. They were NOT created, only in the PDF format online.

February 09, 2007, 11:00 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Congrats Kennywood on your boxes! Nice sketches.

February 10, 2007, 05:08 PM
meatwagon
Way to go!!Nice pulls! Big Grin
February 12, 2007, 11:58 AM
KADRAN00157
Got 2 boxes of this Smile Smile Smile

1st box break......
No chase cards Frown Frown Frown
No Sketchcard & no Auto either Frown Frown Frown

2nd box break......
All 6 Creature from the Black Lagoon cards
4 out of the 6 Puzzle cards
2 Sketch Cards by Brian Kong & Leah Mangue
1 Autograph card by Ann Robinson
DAMN COOL BREAK Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
WELL HAPPY WITH THAT!!!!!!!! Elephant Luv You Elephant Dance Elephant

KADRAN00157
February 12, 2007, 12:21 PM
RAMolinelli
Awesome Miller!

February 12, 2007, 03:38 PM
meatwagon
That is awesome!!That is definately a cool way to follow up a "Dud"box. Smile
February 13, 2007, 03:32 PM
steve j
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately I do not think I can do this. The pack clearly states that the ratio of 1:24 for sketch art cards is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case, but the odds reflect an average of the entire production run.

Steve,

I would still persue getting a sketch from Breygent, especiall when their website says this:

quote:
The series will feature 1 color sketch card per box by a diverse selection of artists, 4 different chase sets including a 6 card Creature From The Black Lagoon chase set (3 per box), 3 different 2-card puzzle chase sets (1 of each puzzle chase card per box) plus 1 autograph card per 2 boxes.

This is what you based your order on, not what is written on the box. Give them the opportunity to make it right at least.

Ed

Well guys, I took your advice and contacted Breygent. Tom responded positively, and sent me a Corbett Vanoni sketch card with some bits and pieces.

So thanks again to Ed and zhamlau for their encouragement and a special thanks to Tom from Breygent for coming through Thumb Up
February 14, 2007, 12:19 AM
zhamlau
Breygent seems to do things right like that. im really glad they took care of ya. when you get it, post a scan of the sketch!

February 14, 2007, 05:33 AM
KADRAN00157
Just goes to show that Breygent care about their fans Smile
Thankyou Smile

KADRAN00157
February 14, 2007, 08:56 AM
RAMolinelli
Tom takes care of his artists very well also, I think that should be said.

Rich

February 14, 2007, 10:56 AM
SHouseman
Yeah, I'm a newbie to doing sketch cards, but Breygent Marketing really is a good company all-around. I'm really looking forward to their next couple of sets and hope to be a part of them as well!

April 15, 2007, 06:02 PM
cverdec
I opened a bopx for OTBD on Saturday. I love this set!!

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (box #2093/4800)
Base Sets: 1
Box Bottom Card: BL-1
Invasion of the Body Snatchers: P3B
2001: A Space Odyssey: P1A
The Day the Earth Stood Still: P2A
Creature from the Black Lagoon: 4C, 5C, 6C
Sketch: Sean Pence (Tobor the Great) Thumb Up
Autograph: Dana Taylor Big Grin

Chris
April 23, 2007, 11:20 AM
eng621
I picked up this box at Chicago Spring Expo.

Classic Sci-Fi & Horror Posters (box #4444/4800)
Base set:: 1 (1 card shy of 2 so if any one has an extra #14 let me know)
Box Bottom Card: BL-1
2001: A Space Odyssey: P1A
The Day the Earth Stood Still: P2A
Invasion of the Body Snatchers: P3B
Creature from the Black Lagoon: 4C, 5C, 6C
Sketch: Scott Houseman (Metropolis)
Autograph: Kevin McCarthy (Invasion of the Body Snatchers)

Sorry cverdec I copied your format.
April 23, 2007, 07:27 PM
cverdec
eng621-

Nothing to be sorry about. I feel like such the trend setter now..... Big Grin

Nice pulls on your box by the way. Thumb Up

Chris
April 23, 2007, 07:30 PM
cverdec
I was a couple cards short of a second set. I need #'s 14 & 30. If anyone can help me out....

Chris