Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spider-Man Archives (Rittenhouse Archives 2009)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man Archives (Rittenhouse Archives 2009)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've opened 6 boxes of my case (Thanks, Ed).
Here are the sketch cards so far.

Spidey by Daniel Cooney

Spidey by Mark Dos Santos

Venom by Daniel Campos

Aunt May Parker by Don Hillsman II

Kraven the Hunter by George Davis

Daredevil by ?????
If anyone knows the artist please let me know.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
The remaining six boxes

Mary-Jane Watson by Joe Pekar

Punisher by Randy Martinez

Vulture by Eddie Vieira

Spider-Woman by Axebone

Aunt May Parker by Bob McLeod

Spidey by Jason Davies

I bought the case to try and get a Romita sketch so not getting one is a bit disappointing but I think I got some pretty good cards.
Being a longtime comics reader, the other artists whose sketches I wanted were Bob McLeod, Joe Rubinstein and Darryl Banks. Getting the McLeod was good.
I didn't really think that there'd be too many Aunt May cards and was surprised to get 2 in a case and was even more surprised to get just one of Venom.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Axebone will help pay for the case a little--his cards from this and X-Men Archives have sold quite well.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Great pulls as always folks! Thanks for sharing them, of course!

Any chance someone could post a base card or two? I'm just curious what these look like. I saw the promos and liked some, didn't like others. Smile

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The base set looks nothing like the promos. They have been given the Women of Marvel / X-Men Archives look and feel.

Here is a sample front and back

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Random base cards.....

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Random base cards.....

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Random base cards.....

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Daredevil by ?????
If anyone knows the artist please let me know.

The artist is Andrei Bressan - identity supplied by Rob at Rittenhouse.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Got my replacement sketch from Rittenhouse today:

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here are my pulls from my boxes, I was happy to pull a Tan, the rest were ok, but not overly exciting, for whatever reason, I haven't seen a lot of sketches from this set that have caught my eye, and it was a set I was looking forward to. Go figure!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Opened a couple of boxes of this today with cardster.

Got these two great sketches of Kraven by Kohse and Morbius by Barbosa.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I opened box 6337.
Inserts:
Potratz & Hai:A3, a6, a8
Lenticular: r1, r9
Embossed: E9
sketch: Spiderman holding his mask by Brian Postman.

I liked some of the base images from the set; really liked the Potratz & Hai inserts and was happy enough to get a Spiderman sketch on Spiderman card stock.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
My 1 case of SM Archives. A decent case overall, got some of the artists I was hoping for and even got an extra sketch in 1 box, the downside was I only got 2 female sketches out of the 13 I pulled and 1 of those was an Aunt May. :roll:

Here's the "Hits"

Box 1- Doug Cowan Sketch of ???. Extremely LIMITED

Box 2- James Bukauskas sketch of Aunt May. Extremely Limited

Box 3- Brian Kong sketch of Mary Jane. Limited

Box 4- Scott Barnett sketch of Spider-Man. Very Limited

Box 5- Igor Cicarini sketch of Elektro. Extremely Limited

Box 6- Buddy Prince sketch of ???. Limited

Box 7- Adam Cleveland sketch of Vulture. Limited

Box 8- Eduardo Ferrara sketch of Puma. Very Limited

Box 9- Bob McLeod sketch of Spider-Man. Extremely Limited. And...
Sanna U. sketch of Spider-Man. Extremely Limited

Box 10- Erik Maell sketch of Carnage. Extremely Limited

Box 11- Andy Carreon sketch of Venom. Extremely Limited

Box 12- ??? sketch of Spider-Man. ???

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cowan is probably Hobgoblin, Prince is Tombstone.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes. Can someone please identify who the sketch artists are for these sketches?

Thanks

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flash is Carlo Soriano. Left one is tougher--i can't tell if that is a signature in the bottom right or not, but there are a couple of artists who didn't sign any cards and a few more that didn't sign all of them.

Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weasel-king:
Flash is Carlo Soriano. Left one is tougher--i can't tell if that is a signature in the bottom right or not, but there are a couple of artists who didn't sign any cards and a few more that didn't sign all of them.

Thanks weasel-king.

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cire7
posted Hide Post
Love all of it...

I even bought me a box

Posts: 103 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
my one box yielded a 'scarce' sketch by Kevin West- LIZARD

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post