Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Men Movie S1 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men Movie S1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted
Was lucky and found a deal on two boxes of X-Men 1 and X-men 2 movie cards.

Pulled a Jackman auto & a Nightcrawler auto.

Too bad I have both already... The Prof X continues to elude me....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Just edited your post rubadub001 to add the manufacturer to the post... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These boxes are getting harder and harder to find. The local comic store has about 50 random packs on sale, so I bought around 20 packs and got the following:

- 1 base set
- 4 double sided chromium cards: Prof X (2), Wolverine, Sabretooth
- 3 autograph cards: Hugh Jackman (2), Lauren Donner Shuler
- 0 memorabilia cards

Not bad.....i'm thinking about going back and buying the remaining packs =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
- 3 autograph cards: Hugh Jackman (2)

Wow! That are excellent finds! Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Congratulations!

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Excellent finds Booker.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup....i was dog-sitting that day, and needed to drive to the pet store to buy some snacks. I figured since i was already on the road, might as well swing by the comic store. guess that doggie was really lucky.....i'm going to start bringing her with me more often =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
These boxes are getting harder and harder to find. The local comic store has about 50 random packs on sale, so I bought around 20 packs and got the following:

- 1 base set
- 0 memorabilia cards

Nice lot of packs Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Booker! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:

- 1 base set
- 0 memorabilia cards

Clap

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just went back to that comic store yesterday and bought 14 packs. Pulled a Cyclops memorabilia card and a Prof X chromium card. No autos this time. Guess that's what i get for being greedy =)

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just went back to that comic store yesterday and bought 14 packs. Pulled a Cyclops memorabilia card and a Prof X chromium card. No autos this time. Guess that's what i get for being greedy =)

Well done on pulling a Cyclops memorabilia card! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think you did pretty well...I think those memorabilia cards were 1/box so you beat the odds. Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 factory sealed hobby boxes....i couldn't resist so i opened one and got the following:

2 base sets + lots of extras
1 Storm double-sided chromium card
1 Magneto (Sir Ian McKellen) autograph
0 memorabilia/costume cards

wow....only 2 inserts in the entire box. at least the magneto auto makes up for it. anyways, i'm going to just keep the other box sealed. as far as i'm concerned, there is a professor x auto in there (haha....i WISH!!)

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
nice find i am after that auto myself at minute 2 have esently sold on the auction site for $45

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$45 would be a great deal. and there are some high value autos, so you'd have a good chance of breaking even at least....

too bad this set is so old....its hard to find unopened boxes lately.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
there is one on the bay at minute for x men one but i still hoping to get it i got 2 or 3 autos for number 1 so far

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Nice pull Booker! That's one awesome autograph!

I'd love to find some X-Men hobby boxes too, but I doubt I'd find any. I never understood the point in Hobby vs Retail boxes... I prefer the thrill of opening a box and finding that cool auto over buying each card separately, anyday.

But Famke's autograph will be mine one day. Oh yes.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed. Topps should have included autos/costumes in the retail boxes as well. Maybe not the good ones, but a least something to make it more exciting.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have 2 factory sealed hobby boxes....i couldn't resist so i opened one and got the following:

2 base sets + lots of extras
1 Storm double-sided chromium card
1 Magneto (Sir Ian McKellen) autograph
0 memorabilia/costume cards

wow....only 2 inserts in the entire box. at least the magneto auto makes up for it. anyways, i'm going to just keep the other box sealed. as far as i'm concerned, there is a professor x auto in there (haha....i WISH!!)

Nice pull on the Magneto Auto Booker! Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
I opened my final 4 boxes (3 of which was in storage for quite some time) and got the following:

- lots of base sets (unsorted so far)
- 2 complete sets of double-sided chromium cards + 3 extras
- 1 complete set of costume cards
- 5 autos (I was on my LAST box and pulled a Myre auto on the 3rd pack. Knowing that there was only 1 auto per box....i pretty much gave up hope. Then I pulled the Professor X midway through. Wowsers!!!)