Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Men Movie S1 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men Movie S1 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
congrates on the pulls matey

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
you didnt pull any spare 1 3 and 7 of the x foil cards did you matey as i only need these 3 to complete the chase sets for number one but once again nice find on professor x i saw one sell the other day for $400

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh darn sorry....i only have extras of the Cyclops and Sabretooth (x2) chromium cards.

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
no wrry there in the other box anyay the ones i need lol

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:

Congrats on those pulls (especially the Patrick Stewart). Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased four hobby boxes on eBay for a total of $240. I was trying to keep them unopened but there's no use. I couldn't resist. I got all four different costume cards, 14 complete base sets, and 1 set of double sided chromium with extras. Autos were
1st box - Tyler Mane/Sabretooth
2nd box - Lauren Donner/Producer in the first pack and then Bryan Singer/Director towards the bottom of the box.
3rd box - Lauren Donner/Producer
4th box - Sir Ian Mckellen/Magneto
All in all pretty good. The Bryan Singer is fantastic since I hardly ever see him. Anyone know how many he signed?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Bryan Singer's auto is really REALLY limited and you done a great job in pulling it! Congrats!!! Elephant

Its just a thought but if you do ever wants to trade it off, let me know! Luv You

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Those are some great pulls.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great boxes you got there Logan Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just won another hobby box on the bay last night for $46. Pretty good price I believe since I haven't seen any hobby boxes on there since I won my last ones back in April. Maybe X-Men is a little cold right now. More deals for us fans then! I don't know if I'm going to open this one though since these boxes have almost completely dried up .... We'll see when it arrives.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i saw that, i almost bid on it. 46 is a great price. GL!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, so much for keeping it unopened. I think I'm going to give up on trying to keep boxes sealed. I have no will power. Anyway, I got a Ian McKellen/Magneto auto and 2 costume cards (stuck together) - Jean Grey and Storm. Pretty good break I'd say. I think these are the only boxes I have good luck with! Too bad they're so hard to find.

Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Logan,
Great break on your box!

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just opened a box and got the following:

- Magneto autograph
- Wolverine costume card
- Double sided chromiums (C1-C5, C7, C9)
- Base sets (unsorted, probably 2 sets total)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just opened 6 hobby boxes I was planning on saving. 2 of them I won on eBay and 4 more I bought at the Allentown show. I'm very happy I decided to open them:

Box #1 - Hugh Jackman/Wolverine Auto & Wolverine Costume
Box #2 - Ian McKellen/Magneto Auto & Jean Grey Costume
Box #3 - Hugh Jackman/Wolverine Auto & Cyclops Costume
Box #4 - Famke Janssen/Jean Grey Auto (Blue inkpen - It actually looks really nice - so much for my theory that her pen autos are fake!) & Jean Grey Costume
Box #5 - Ian McKellen/Magneto Auto & Wolverine Costume
Box #6 - Tyler Mane/Sabretooth Auto & 2 Costumes - Jean Grey & Storm stuck together in the same pack.

Without question the best run of luck with boxes I've ever had. I love these X-men 1 boxes! I nedd to find more of them. To top everything off I had a box of X-men Last Stand I was planning on saving too. (I was going for a sealed X-Men box collection). I decided to open that one today too and I pulled an Anna Paquin/Rogue Auto. Unbelievable. I had one great day!

posted Hide Post
It's a great feeling when you have a streak of luck such as yours. Pulling 7 costumes from 6 boxes gives you nearly 2 complete sets.

Congratulations on such great pulls! Thumb Up

Posts: 28 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great pulls Logan Smile

posted Hide Post
I opened up my last box about a week ago. No where near as lucky as Logan though. Just a Bruce Davison auto, Jean Grey costume, and the usual number of chromium cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks LegendLore and Booker for the congrats! Booker I see from your previous posts on this topic that you've had some great luck with these boxes yourself with 2 Jackmans out of 20 random packs and pulling the StewartThumb Up Stewart is the one I'm desperately trying to pull but I doubt I ever will. I did pull Singer though and he's just as rare so you never know.

And am I alone in thinking the Ian McKellen/Magneto autograph is way undervalued considering he is the central villain and he has only 1 auto for the whole series? You would think that his popularity from LOTR alone would increase his X-Men's value because his LOTR auto is so expensive. I realize LOTR is much bigger but the X-men franchise is not lacking in popularity either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
X-Men 1 is great value. Most boxes I've seen usually go for around $50 or so - and the autograph line-up is pretty stellar compared to most products these days with plenty of big-time signers.

I do agree that Magneto's auto is undervalued. Especially when you compare it to the LOTRS auto - but who knows, maybe it's because his auto is relatively 'easy' to get if you can find a couple boxes of X-Men 1.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post