Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Captain Scarlet (Cards Inc)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain Scarlet (Cards Inc)
 Login/Join

Picture of drastic123
posted
2 Boxes of Captain Scarlet cards. Both boxes had "99p" stickers on them. More dumped boxes?

Box 1
SIG1 - (embossed) Colonel White
SIG5 - (embossed) Lieutenant Green
SIG6 - (embossed) Captain Black
Colour Sketch Card

Box 2
SIG1 - (embossed) Colonel White
SIG2 - (embossed) Captain Scarlet
SIG3 - (embossed) Captain Blue
SIG4 - (embossed) Destiny Angel
SIG6 - (embossed) Captain Black

Pretty pleased with that return, especially the coloured sketch card. I thought that Scarlet Sketchings were in pencil only. Big Grin

Stonehenge? Virtually, in our Back-garden. As a child I walked all over those stones. What are they? Personally I think that they are a stone-age version of Trading Cards, but over the years the pictures have rubbed off!

[This message was edited by xSaBx on January 09, 2004 at 08:55 AM.]

Posts: 233 | Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
Here is the sketch card:

Stonehenge? Virtually, in our Back-garden. As a child I walked all over those stones. What are they? Personally I think that they are a stone-age version of Trading Cards, but over the years the pictures have rubbed off!

[This message was edited by drastic123 on January 29, 2004 at 02:16 PM.]

Posts: 233 | Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
99p would be the original single pack price.
Although CS was also overproduced!

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
I paid £5.00 a box for these, though somebody further down the chain obviously paid 99p a box. On this occasion I only got a couple of boxes, but there seems to quite a number of boxes washing around at the moment - including some sellers on ebay offering up to 20 boxes at around £5.00 a box, after currency conversion. That is a good buy when you think that there is a chance of finding a sketch card etc. Worth a try.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seriously I can vouch nobody is paying 99p a box.
The stickers were used so newagents know the pack prices.

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
I see. Smile

[This message was edited by drastic123 on January 09, 2004 at 09:49 AM.]

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the best colour sketches I've seen - congrats!! Clap

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Very nice pull, they are coming hard to find and when you do see them they can fetch quite a bit on ebay.

As Olly said, the 99p sticker was definately the individual pack price, I myself am not sure why they always say "Captain Scarlet Stickers" though.

Card Dude's Card Page!- Wants/Haves

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
That is a very beautiful sketch card. It is one of the most detailed sketch cards I have seen.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
Those two boxes produced 3 full basic sets (this would have been 4 sets but one card short - number 2)

The sketch card is nice. I missed a few heart beats when I pulled it out I can tell you. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It must be said that the sketch cards produced by Graham Bleathman for Cards Inc are all quite detailed and very good Smile

[This message was edited by hammer on January 10, 2004 at 11:20 AM.]

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards Inc have got an auction going on at the moment on their website for some of his sketch cards and very nice they are too Smile.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
I have just finished opening 40 boxes of Cards Inc.'s Captain Scarlet. The 40 boxes produced the following total chase cards:

SIG1 Colonel White = 27
SIG2 Captain Scarlet = 28
SIG3 Captain Blue = 29
SIG4 Destiny Angel = 25
SIG5 Lieutenant Green = 26
SIG6 Captain Black = 27

Sketch Cards = 0 Frown

CSA1 Captain Scarlet (Francis Matthews) = 3 Big Grin
CSA2 Captain Ochre (Jeremy Wilkin) = 3 Big Grin

For a box by box breakdown I have produced a web page that can be found here

Overall I am pretty happy. The cards are generally in excellent condition with few exceptions.

I did notice one interesting quirk though: on a few of the Scarlet boxes there are large labels on the underside of the boxes (under the clear plastic seal, stuck on the actual box) with different numbers stamped on them. Some had number 1 and others had number 2. Now it might be a coincidence, but I had six boxes with these labels on them and each box had a auto card in it?!?!? Anybody else noticed this/find this happened when they opened their boxes?

______________________________________________________________________________________
2004: Baby Arrival Time Smile
Nobody gets left behind...

[This message was edited by drastic123 on January 29, 2004 at 02:12 PM.]

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
hiya,

in the past, i bought several captain scarlet boxes too but they didn't have the labels as u described. as u expected, no autos in all those boxes. but, i have made an order for 6 more boxes which i think should reach me maybe tomorrow. if i do manage to see those labels, ha, i will inform u!!! thanks for the tip!!!

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
I bought two lots of boxes recently and from the two lots I was disappointed with the second but the first was great

6 boxes opened
2 X Captain Scarlet autos

20 more boxes opened
1 x pencil sketch card
no autos

and loads of the different SIG cards

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
firstly welcome to the board cardz_house. I have, in the past, purchased several boxes with no auto's or sketch. I have 4 boxes on order so we'll see if I have any luck this time.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Opened my 4 Boxes (no stickers on bottom)

4 SIG 1
4 SIG 2
3 SIG 3
1 SIG 4
1 SIG 5
2 SIG 6

Not very exciting, but worth a gamble, this set was pretty disappointing on the chase cards though. I wouldn't have paid £35 a box.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
hello there again to all the friendly people,

first of all, glad to know that its quite a nice environment here to talk to people with similar hobbies. sure made me feel welcome!! Thumb Up

secondly, i have received the 6 boxes and opened them all yesterday. of the 6 boxes, 1 of the box has the sticker '1' on the bottom of the box. naturally, i was quite excited and lo and behold, yes, there is an auto of CSA2 Captain Ochre (Jeremy Wilkin)!!!!!!!!!! no sketches though. so i think its kinda confirmed with the link between
the 'numbered' sticker and the auto.

last point to say is that i was wondering whether any dealers will take note of what we are saying here and then checking their stocks and opening up those with the stickers??? i sincerely hope not!!! Frown

anyway, i feel that its quite careless of CardsInc to provide such indications (the stickers).

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
first of all, glad to know that its quite a nice environment here to talk to people with similar hobbies. sure made me feel welcome!! Thumb Up

Hey, Welcome to the Board, it's good to see people are still joining up...!

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Cardz_house - I should imagine anybody with boxes to sell has noted this and yes it was careless of Cards Inc to do it this way!