Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Captain Scarlet (Cards Inc)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/3446062835

January 22, 2004, 05:09 PM
gimli
Captain Scarlet (Cards Inc)
I just checked my empty boxes and none had stickers and i got two autos so it must only be on some boxes not all
January 25, 2004, 12:15 AM
T42
I bought ten dealed boxes off a dealer at a good price but did not get one auto or sketch, major frustration. Interesting point about the numbered stickers as none of my boxes had those on. If it really is that easy to pick the auto boxes I would be very hesitant to purchase any more boxes.
January 25, 2004, 08:57 AM
olly
As a dealer I wasn't aware of this and I have opened over 300 boxes in the past.

This is not good for collectors if their dealers happen to know this! Eek

However, you may want to note that the Sketch cards are inserted 1 in every 48 boxes!!
And auto cards roughly 1 in 20 boxes!!

These were produced for the mass high street market for kids and weren't necessarily made for the hobby collector.

Now if you want some Gerry Anderson autos for a good price then pick up some Thunderbird boxes.
An auto in every other box....bargain.

These are now getting low on the ground and supplies should dry up by the end of 2004 so buy now to avoid disappointment Wink
January 28, 2004, 12:29 PM
gimli
opened 13 boxes today and got 1 auto of captain Ochre and this was in a box marked with a sticker on the bottom.
December 17, 2006, 02:12 PM
wolfie
Just opened the box my santa sent me. It did not have a sticker on the bottom.

Sketches 0
Autos 0
Chase 4
Base sets 2.

February 17, 2007, 03:35 PM
BILLZEE
Just received my clearance box in the mail & it has a #2 on the bottom. Roll Eyes

Does anyone know if sticker #2 determines whether its a sketch or auto or ?? And I'm gonna be bummed out if its neither one!!
February 18, 2007, 02:07 AM
Silverback
I just got two boxes Saturday.

0 autos
O sketch cards
4 base sets
6 embossed card set with two extras

Smokin'

June 21, 2011, 06:24 AM
Card Dude
I purchased 40 boxes from Ebay just before last Xmas (they were sold in lots of 20 for £49.99 if anyone saw them) they were all returns from retailers, a lot of them were just full of packets rather than being counted out to 36, one of them actually contained 81 packs!

Lots of base sets!
Lots of SIG Card sets

and...

3 Captain Ocre autographs
4 Captain Scarlet autographs
3 Sketch cards

June 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
I purchased 40 boxes from Ebay just before last Xmas (they were sold in lots of 20 for £49.99 if anyone saw them) they were all returns from retailers, a lot of them were just full of packets rather than being counted out to 36, one of them actually contained 81 packs!

Lots of base sets!
Lots of SIG Card sets

and...

3 Sketch cards

Not Bad - what were the sketches of?
June 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
Card Dude
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:

Lots of base sets!
Lots of SIG Card sets

and...

3 Sketch cards

Not Bad - what were the sketches of?

I only bought the boxes for the sketches, they were of an SPV driving along a road, SPV narrowly avoiding explosion and an Angel Interceptor flying upwards. Will post scans when I get a chance Smile

July 21, 2012, 07:09 AM
Card Dude
Just finished opening 24 more boxes of this....

I got 1 x Sketch card only, and that came in the 5th pack of the first box! So to follow that with nearly 1000 more packs with nothing... pretty harrowing! Still pleased with the sketch though. SPV chased by Mysteron rings

August 06, 2015, 03:46 PM
wuher
just picked up a box with the hope of getting a sketch - there saw the odds on here

well for £10 give it a go

SIG - 3 all on the top of a pack so easy to find without opening the pack

base - not yet sorted

and

Captain Scarlet autograph

so well pleased

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble