Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Mythology II (Perna Studios, 2014)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Mythology II (Perna Studios, 2014)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
Got my preview sets today. Quality is superb!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Mr. Toser, sir. (tug of the forelock with a bow to avoid the reverence of your gaze)
What did I do wrong to be edited? I humbly accept that it's all my fault and will be ready for a good thrashing in a public square of your choosing.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My packs for this set arrived this morning and I have to say I am very, very pleased with the collection of sketches I pulled. I think I can honestly say that I don't think there is bad one amongst them but more than a few really good one Smile So many thanks to Elaine and Tony Perna for pulling the whole thing together and to the artists involved for producing such outstanding work. Here are my pulls in the order I found them:

Chris Meeks, Jason Sobol, Sanna 'U'
Sam Agro, Rhiannon Owens, Hanie Mohd

Anthony Tan, Christopher Uminga, Achilleas Kokkinakis
Mel Uran, Francois Chartier, Eric McConnell

Tony Perna, Amy Pronovost, Lynne Anderson
John Monserrat, Ed Cherniga, Stefanie Battalene

Jason A Saldajero, Richard Cox, Elaine Perna
Juri H Chinchilla, Ingrid Hardy, Ted Dastick Jr

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
12 packs for me, wish I could have got more Smile .

Chris Uminga, Jason Sobol, Matthew Fletcher.

Jason Saldajeno, Irma Ahmed, Danielle Gransaull (Soloud) with thanks to knowledgeable cardtalkers Smile .

Francois Chartier, Richard Cox, Anthony Tan.

Elaine Perna, Juri Chinchilla, Ingrid Hardy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The artist for the middle card of your unknowns is Irma 'Aimo' Ahmed. The first artist could be Jason Saldajeno but a clearer shot of the signature would help. No idea about the card on the right.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I also think it's Saldajeno and can't see the right.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
The three unknown artists are Jason Saldajeno, Irma Ahmed and Danielle Gransaull (Soloud). Smile

Posts: 2282 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your assistance Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received my set yesterday, #197/203. As always, phenomenal base-set artwork! And the sticker card is very cool. Smile

No redemption cards in this package but I won't complain one bit as I pulled this sketch from my box:

ISIS by Edward Cherniga. Big Grin

Beauty! Clap

And speaking of beautiful things, I got the Windigo frosted card in this box. For anyone who got multiple sets and might have a spare set of frosted cards for trade, please drop me a line (or see my post in the Trades section.)

Congratulations, Tony and Elaine, for another gorgeous set! Metal

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very impressed with Perna Studios, the quality of this set is 2nd to none. Besides the 12 sketches I also got the Meghan Hetrick lenticular card.
The scans dont do these cards justice, the colors are so vibrant. I cant say enough about the Alcorn-Hender Zeus sketch, its a masterpiece.

Munin by Jason Sobol, Ammit by Kate Bradley, ? by Elaine Perna
? by Samanth Johnson, Hermes by Mathew Fletcher, Thor by Sam Argo

Chimera VS. Bellerophon by Babisu Kourtis, Medusa by Danielle Graunsaull, Drayad by Sanna U
Cupid/Pysche by Lynn Anderson, Poseidon by Stacey Kardash, Zeus by Soni Alcorn-Hender

Posts: 18 | Location: ny | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MarleyEds
posted Hide Post
Here's my pulls...I love this set!

Posts: 118 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Here is what I got...

Stacy Kardash, Jason Saldajeno, Danielle Gransaull

Francois Chartier, John Monserrat, Babisu Kourtis

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
My cards have arrived in Australia (shortly after I left unfortunately, so at this stage I only have the scan done my non-card partner who thinks we are all crazy). It's an amazing collection - including my first every Tony Perna pull, which is wacky when you consider how much comic stuff I break.

Samantha Johnson - Valkyrie
Tony Perna - Iya (a storm entity) - since my collection is supposed to be focussed on weather and skies, this will fit very nicely as well and Tony's amazing line-work really adds to the sense of chaos
Edward Cherniga - Hathor - I was not intending to collect Hathor, but this is too beautiful to let go and she was a sky goddess (which is emphasised in this sketch)
Ted Dastick Jr - Nidhogg
Mel Uran-Takasugi - Harpies
Lynne Anderson - Epona
Ingrid Hardy, Wadjet
Eric McConnell, Quetzalcoatl
Chris Meeks, Zeus
Achilleas Kokkinakis, Hera
Nestor Celario, Loki
Rhiannon Owena, Water Nymph

Updated for identifications Smile

I am stunned by the quality and diversity of this break. I can't wait for the cards to get here so I can drool over them (properly protected of course). Absolutely awesome work by all the artists. And thanks to Tony and Elaine for pulling it all together.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure your mystery artist on the bottom row is Nestor Celario. It is very similar in style to another couple of sketches I have seen by that artist in this set. Also, like the others, it's part of a multi-panel scene. Good luck on finding the other pieces.

Well done on finding the Cherniga Hathor. I would have loved to have found that sketch instead of the Seth I did come across. Much more in keeping with my collection and the one of his that I would most liked to have found. I don't suppose you'd consider trading ?

You got another great selection of sketches which again demonstrate just how amazing this release from Elaine and Tony has been. Have we really got to wait until October for their next set ? Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
WOW Tangent, what a great collection of sketches you pulled! Eek

Great job finding the Cherniga - that's three found so far on this board. Smile
I'm pretty sure your Zeus is by the Glebe boys. And you got Ted's Nidhogg! That was one of my favorites!

And Kevin, your Cherniga is incredible. Even if you aren't collecting that character. Wink

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I'm VERY happy that everyone is pleased with their pulls and this release. Elephant Dance

Posts: 2282 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post