Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Fairy Tales (Perna Studios, 2015)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Fairy Tales (Perna Studios, 2015)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I received my bundle of 20 Preview Sets from Tony and Elaine earlier today. Great fast shipping from Canada to here in the UK again Smile I found two sketches and one Redemption Card in my packs as expected. Both sketches are excellent, I just wish I knew which fairy tale is depicted in Stefanie Battalene's card. I just do not recognise it. Anyway, here are my pulls:

Stefanie Battalene ( ? ), Carolyn Edwards (The 3 Little Pigs)
Redemption Card for Metal Variants of Preview Set

The preview set itself is also excellent with some gorgeous artwork. The Pernas have used 'spot gloss' (for want of a better term) on the front of the cards to pick out/highlight the main subject.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
is your unknown sketch King Midas turning to gold?

Also I claim image rights on the Carolyn card. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
is your unknown sketch King Midas turning to gold?
Hm, probably not. I think King Midas is more mythology than fairy tale....but who knows :-)
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Also I claim image rights on the Carolyn card. Big Grin
You'll have to take that up with the artist :-)

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Kevin those are some very nice sketches.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Great Sketch cards! Nice shading on the colors.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I think the Battalene sketch is of The Happy Prince.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collectress:
Kevin, I think the Battalene sketch is of The Happy Prince.
You are correct, many thanks. I had a look on the Perna Studios Deviantart pages and the card is there with the tag #thehappyprince. Now I have to go away and find the fairy tale to go with it as I have never heard or heard of this one before Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Here is the awesome Captain Hook sketch I got with my preview set. Dance

Richard Cox

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Cool! I can't wait to see what kind of sketchy goodness I get from my packs.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post