Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek Enterprise Season 4 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Enterprise Season 4 (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Picture of Roswellian
posted
Just received my case today- drove 9 hours to pick it up.
Got the all the autos but the 3 Very Limiteds. Frown
Got a full set of costume cards minus 1.
All in all, a good case, but no very limited auto is tough to swallow.
I really cannot see how dealers stay in business these days.
I cannot see getting back your $$$s if you continually get cases such as the 1 I got.
Not that I am conplaining, but I just can't see getting my $650.00 back if I were to sell everything I got.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Got one box today and also did not get the cards I wanted Frown

Here's what was inside:
-2 Autographs: Kay-Erik Erikson (Smike)
Kara Zediker (T'Pau)
-1 Costume: Soval C16
-4 "In a mirror": M2, M5, M7, M8
-2 "Genesis": G4, G7
-1 "Archer in Action": AIA4

All in all a good set, but I had no luck...

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roswellian:

Wow! That's some drive you made!!! Eek

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with your case Roswellian. Shake Head

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roswellian:
Got the all the autos but the 3 Very Limiteds. Frown
Got a full set of costume cards minus 1.
All in all, a good case, but no very limited auto is tough to swallow.
I really cannot see how dealers stay in business these days.
I cannot see getting back your $$$s if you continually get cases such as the 1 I got.
Not that I am conplaining, but I just can't see getting my $650.00 back if I were to sell everything I got.

You would "hope" to get 1 very limited out of a case

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Box# 2883

Two base sets
Genesis-G2,G6
In a Mirror-M2,M3,M8,M9
Archer in Action-AIA5
Costume card-C6-Travis Mayweather
Auto cards-Smike-Kaj-Erik Eriksen and T'Pau-Kara Zediker

Not the best in the world but I like the set.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Just broke my box

Genesis G6 T'Pau
Mirror M1, 4, 5, 8
Costume: T'Pol
Autos: Vaughn Armstrong and Richard Riehle (sp) - when I saw the Rheil, I thought it was a "test" card, where he tested the pen because the sig is just a scribble and all the way to the left of the card, but then I checked RA's site and lo and behold, thats his sig! But it is only slightly better than mine!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat my review here:
know some will have their boxes, but many won't yet, (curse of internet shopping-WAITING!!!)
But, I wanted to post my initial thoughts. First, although the men will enjoy the Orion Slave Girls, women are not to be disappointed..Archer is well represented on the box, the wrapper, the binder, his own subset, a costume card....
the layout of the new autographs is great. In fact, I regret there not being re-dos of other main cast singers if only cause these are so pretty!
I admit, I thought the Archer in Action coulds would move...ya know like lenticulars..but it was pointed out to me by a smarty-alec that the term for cards that move is IN MOTION, not in ACTION, so my bad
The Genesis cards are NEAT..they feature an Enterprise character (or race) on one side and that same character (or race) from TOS on the other side. The cool part about it is, they are laid out exactly the same on both sides..foiled, titled AND numbered...so a TOS fan can pick up a set and call the TOS side the front, an Enterprise fan can call the Ent set the front and neither suffers
The late addition of Alexandra Lydon was a welcome treat as I loved the Andorian storyline and the card goes well with Jeffrey Combs.
I wasn't sure how I felt about the lack of numbering on the auto cards before and yet, with this set, I felt it gave me some freedom to play with the auto cards more in how I display them..putting linked characters together in a binder..like Combs and Alexandra Lydon or all the augments. The lack of numbering allowed a little more flexibility.
Anything missing?
Hmmm.
I didn't watch the finale, so no Frakes or Sirtis was fine with me. I guess only two things..a Porthos subset or paw autograph card and a Manny Cotto card. I really admired his 4th season work and would have liked to see it reflected in some tribute.

** I also noted the Rhiele auto, though it was either an earthquake seisograph or a cardiac arrthymia heart monitor strip....

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my box today. I was suprised when i got 3 auto's out of it.

Auto's:
Kaj-Erik Eriksen as Smike
Steve Schirripa as Carmine (Limited) I hope he has an auto in the Saprano's Card set that's coming out.
Vaughn Armstrong as Admiral Maxwell Forrest (Limited)
Costume card: Persis
Genesis: #5,#7 and #8
Archer in action: #2
In A Mirror: #1 Commander Archer, #4 Charles Trip Tucker, III and #6 Sergeant Mayweather

I'm mad as the wrappers are worth only 1 point.

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
STCardGeek

Great review STCardGeek! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
Auots: Jeffrey Combs and Bobbi Luther
Costume: Malik
AIA6
Genesis G1, G8
Mirror Mirror M1, M4, M5, M8.

Auots: Jeffrey Combs and Bobbi Luther Same AUTOS!!
Costume: Mirror Archer ;-)
AIA9
Mirror Mirror M1, M5(2), M8.
Genesis G3 Only one!

Bad luck on my collation, what were the odds of pulling the same autos from two boxes, and doubling up on the Mirror Mirror chase card pulls as well. I managed to put two base sets together, and a third missing one card. Lots of extras singles. All and all I am help w/ the quality of the cards, and the Binder nicely completes the fourth season on display on the bookself.

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened my box.
Box # 1540:
Auto Cd's: Gary Graham - Ambasadoe Soval; Bruce Gray - Surak
Genesis Cd's: G4, G6
In A Mirror Cd's: M3, M4, M6, M9
Archer In Action #6
Custome Cd: C10 - Daniels 'Piece of Custome Material'
2 Complete sets and 1 Partial (Minus 29 Cd's)
I think thats a good box for me.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Was asked if I wanted a box of these today and said probably not. I think fron what I've seen so far I was right. There does not seem to be many main cast showing up so far at all only 'supporting' actors.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Well now see -that's the reason I would have taken a box - all the good ones still out there Wink

Truth be told though - there were 7000 boxes produced and there's only a very small fraction of that represented here, so don't get discouraged! Be hopeful

Sheep

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what sorta insertion rates the Blalock auto is?

I'm getting kinda tired of these autos that are so hard to get, they end up being $150 and up... a bit of a rip for fans, and just feels like everything is getting to be more about the dollars than the actual hobby of collecting itself.

I never sell any of my 'big' cards if I pull em cause I'm a fan and don't really care too much what it's worth unless I'm buying it. But that's just me....

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
This is the first Star trek set in around 10 years that i havn't bought boxes of, Purely because of Money ( or extreme lack of it) not because of any dislike of the set or show. Indeed season 4 was some of the best US Sci-fi I've seen since babylon 5 and DS9.

However after Lynnes review I am going to HAVE to track down a set of The Genesis cards. As a Kirk era man first and foremost this sounds a terrific set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just Broke 1 Sealed Case and 4 loose boxes to find that i did NOT get any of the limited Signings and only 3 limited cards

Steve R Schirripa,
Bill Cobbs
Vaughn Armstrong

For a big outlay not to get one of these is very dissapointing

and i couldnt make a set of costume either Shake Head Shake Head

Posts: 11 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of manolito
posted Hide Post
This is looking to be a very difficult set to complete.
I also opened 1 case and did not get any very limited cards.
Some autograph cards were 3 times in the case and also no complete costume set.
So i think that the collation is very bad considering that i thought that there would be at least 1 very limited per case.

Posts: 164 | Location: the netherlands | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
Well, I just found a way to save thousands of dollars a year- I am not buying Rittenhouse products ever again.
Just opened my second case of Star Trek Enterprise season 4.
Still not one very limited auto in 2 cases now and not 1 complete set of Archer in action.
If you were thinking about it- forget it.
It is not worth your dollars.
At least it has cured my addiction.
I will not be tempted again.
I work too hard for my money, I will not throw it away on anymore Rittenhouse products.
Their business practices seem to not favor the small fry- I guess if I spent 100's of thousands it would be a different story- like the guy on that auction site with dozens of marked Archive boxes- even Ent.4 which I don't remember there being any marked archive boxes for but he has them listed- I would actually get some restitution. However, I will take the $1,500 loss and consider it a lesson learned.
Thanks Rittenhouse you have developed an effective cure for addiction.

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry you feel that way - have you contacted us to resolve this matter? I make every effort to help every collector - no matter what they buy and I'm sure I'd be able to help you - but I can't because there's no contact information for you here.

Like Lynne always says - what's the worst you can do but ask them (us). We're really not ogres. Well, not all the time Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
first box

M1,5,7,8
G3,5,9
AIA 4,9
John Schuck Smile
Steven R Schirripa Smile
C5 Dance

second box

M1,4,5,8
G2,6
AIA 1
Bruce Gray
Crystal Allen
C12 Dance

pretty happy with that breakdown despite the doubles (if anyone has trades for them let me know)

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post