Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek TOS 40th Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS 40th Anniversary
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I checked my stacks and I have lower piles of 1 and 3 as well.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:

The other thing to note is this. Out of 18 boxes (1.5 cases) I got 36 VINA cards. The breakdown is this ->

FV1 = 0
FV2 = 9
FV3 = 0
FV4 = 6
FV5 = 11
FV6 = 10

What the #@%& is up with that? Is there a massave shortage of #1 and #3 ?? Or has someone else, somewhere else, sitting on dozens of them?? I'd love to know what other people's VINA count are.....

Well, I got 2 from loose packs
FV3 and FV5. Maybe the FV1 and FV3 should be listed as Very Limited Wink

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Box #8418/9000:

-Vaces of Vina: FV4, FV6
-Portraits: PT18 (Edith Keeler) Smile
-Expansion: #84
-Captain Pike: CP3, CP5, CP9
-Quotable: #111, 112, 119, 121
-Autos: A129 Emily Banks (Tonia Barrows), A137 Rhodes Reason (Flavius Maximus)

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I got a pack in the mail today with a random autograph card to replace my missing card, and it was A110, Kathryn Hays as Gem Thumb Up

So, my one box basically yielded two limited autographs of Joan Collins and Kathryn Hays Dance

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting two limited autos out of one box purchase! I hope to have your luck when opening my next Rittenhouse box (though it would be nice to get the two autos in the same box, Wink)

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I've been reluctant to post this as I didn't want to seem gloaty or anything, but I annoucned it in my newsletter, so now that the cat it outta the bag....

I got it in the first case I opened. Made the other 10 or so really dull, I might say.
CPR and O2 was required as was a shot or two to calm my nerves.....
on some level it seems right, I've fought the good Trek fight for a long time. BUt, I'm not the greedy sort. I'd love everyone to have one.
Card is 22 of 25 and no, it's not for sale.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first to say: WOW!!!!! Eek
Congratulations to you!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Congrats on pulling a Star Trek fans Holy Grail!

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Congrats Lynne! It'll look great in your collection!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
wow Metal
the first one pulled by someone of us.

congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
I've been reluctant to post this as I didn't want to seem gloaty or anything, but I annoucned it in my newsletter, so now that the cat it outta the bag....

I got it in the first case I opened. Made the other 10 or so really dull, I might say.
on some level it seems right, I've fought the good Trek fight for a long time. BUt, I'm not the greedy sort. I'd love everyone to have one.

WOW! Congrats on your great pull! I think I would have stopped opening right there! Smile

Now a question to everyone else out there: What is the deal with card 58? I see that there is apparently an error and a corrected version? Can someone please fill me in or direct me to thread about this?

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Now a question to everyone else out there: What is the deal with card 58? I see that there is apparently an error and a corrected version? Can someone please fill me in or direct me to thread about this?

There was an error where two cards were printed with 58 on the back. The correct 58 is "Searching for the Horta."

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Okay, so I couldn't resist another shot at the ellusive Roddenberry Card...... I know there's still 1 out ther with my name on it !!!

Here's the breakdown of my second case :-)

3x - Emily Banks as Yeoman Tonia Barrows
2x - Paul Comi as Lt. Andrew Stiles
2x - Peter Duryea as Navigator Jose Tyler
2x - Carl Held as Lindstrom
2x - Lawrence Montaigne as Decius

1x - Brian Tochi as Boy
1x - Sheldon Collins as Tough Kid
1x - Dick Durock as Elasian Guard
1x - Garrison True as Crewman
1x - Laurel Goodwin as Yeoman Colt
1x - Rhodes Reason as Flavius Maximus
1x - Victor Lundin as Klingon Lieutenant
1x - Malachi Throne as Voice of The Keeper

1x - Kathryn Hays as Gem (Limited)
1x - Bobby Clark as The Gorn (Limited)
1x - George Takei as Mirror Universe Sulu (Limited)

1x - Joan Collins as Edith Keeler (Limited)
1x - Eugene Roddenberry Jr. (In the same box as the Joan Collins)!!!

0 - David Soul as Makora
0 - Bruce Hyde as Lt. Riley
0 - Kate Woodville as Natira
0 - Mary Rice as Young T'Pring
0 - Richard Compton as Washburn
0 - Marianne Hill as Dr. Helen Noel
0 - Beverly Washburn as Lt. Galway
0 - Jason Wingreen as Dr. Linke
0 - Ned Romero as Krell

0 - France Nuyen as Elaan (Very Limited) -- Still need one !!
0 - Majel Barrett as Number One (Very Limited) -- Still need one !!
0 - Robert Walker, Jr. as Charlie Evans (Very Limited) -- Still need one !!
0 - Leonard Nimoy as Mirror Universe Spock (Very Limited)
0 - John Crawford as Commissioner Ferris (Limited)

3x Delta Patch Cards

#1 - Kirk
#5 - Sulu
#6 - Chekov

As for the chase cards. All were as expected. And I even got a healthy dose Vina 1 and 3 !!!

All in all not bad. (again). 3 Patch cards are better then two. And the Roddenberry/Collins in the same box was a definate bonus. (I should have stopped there!!) But again, I was hoping for a Very Limited. Especially Majel Barrett. Actually, I would have been happy with any VL in this case, but like I said, I'm not complainin' :-)

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

Lynne

Really glad you got one Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:
But again, I was hoping for a Very Limited. Especially Majel Barrett. Actually, I would have been happy with any VL in this case, but like I said, I'm not complainin' :-)

Still - you should have got one VL in a case

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted November 01, 2006 04:42 PM

Originally posted by WandringRebel:

Overall, I'm very happy with the case. Smile My only complaint is with the numbering on the Pike Cards. Had to pull out the magnifying glass to figure out cards 6, 8 and 9.
Laura

From what I've seen so far, you've received the nicest case. :-)

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Still - you should have got one VL in a case

Yeah, I know.... Frown

Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
Got 1 box today, #8338

Faces of Vina : FV3, FV4
Portraits : PT18
captain Pike : CP2,CP4,CP7
Quotable : 114,116,124,127
Expansion : 78
Autograph's : A130 Victor Lundin
A119 Leonard Nimoy Clap
and at the bottom of the box was QA8 Grace Lee Whitney autograph card. Smile

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Congratulations scott12! What a great box! Thumb Up

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great box scott12.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post