Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek TOS 40th Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS 40th Anniversary
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Sorry to tell you this Scott, But in a dreadful mix-up, you actually got a box that should have been sent to me.

Please e-mail for my adddress so that you can send the contents to me and i will send you the contents of one of the boxes I opened.

Wink Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott12:

and at the bottom of the box was QA8 Grace Lee Whitney autograph card. Smile

congrats to you.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
It surprised me alot. I couldn't figure out what I was feeling when I took the packs out of the box.
My luck seems to have changed for the better.

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Picked a box at the Royal National

Autos
A110 Kathryn Hays as Gem
A128 Marianne Hill as Helen Noel

Vina FV1, FV2
Pike CP1, CP5, CP9

Portraits PT17 John Colicos as Kor
Expansion 82
Quotable 111, 112, 119, 121

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
The review is in...
40 packs, 5 cards each D
Box design B+
Wrapper design B
1 complete base set A
Base design B+ (nostalgic & puzzle backs)
STQ exp 115,120,127,128 D
1967 exp 76 B- (only one? bummer!)
FacesVina 4,6 C
CaptainPike 2,4,6 C
Portraits PT17 B
2Autos 104 Held, 121 Goodwin Surf
auto design A (no stickers, hooray!!!)
Insert ratios 13/40 32% C
"Bang For Your Buck" C+
Fun Factor B-

Overall B-/C+
Base set and autos are the strength of this release. FV,CP,PT and expansion cards are the weakness. If I had pulled a Delta patch card the rating would have been a solid B for creative design.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brian A. Davis
posted Hide Post
I have some unopened boxes of ST TOS 40th Anniversary cards that I have been meaning to get around to opening. Last night I opened one box.

In the bottom of the box was a Leonard Nimoy autographed costume card! Eek

Wasn't this the six-case incentive card? Is it normal for Rittenhouse to seed these types of cards in the bottom of boxes?

Posts: 94 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Perhaps I'm completely overlooking something but according to the checklist on the RA site, the 6-case incentive was an exclusive Star Trek Legends Card Signed by Patrick Stewart." There were autographed costume cards but none of them were of Leonard Nimoy.

Kennywood,
you are looking at the wrong checklist. The checklist you are looking at is the 40th anniversary, Brian Davis bought a box of the original series (TOS) 40th anniversary.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post