Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Downton Abbey Seasons 1&2 (Cryptozoic, 2014)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downton Abbey Seasons 1&2 (Cryptozoic, 2014)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
Got my first case in today and here are the results:

WWI Set (9) -2 complete, missing 3 for a third set
Upstairs (12) -2 complete
Downstairs (14) -1 complete, missing 4 for a second set
Mini Parallel Set (125) -1 complete plus some spares
Single Wardrobe (6) -1 complete set + and extra W02
Dual Wardtobe (5) -1 complete set
Autographs (14) All except for Daisy and William

Sadly, no sketch card. Frown

I think it is a beautifly done set...simple and clean with a classic touch that would suit the fans of the show well.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Awesome! My wife has two boxes coming in next week.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I am jealous. Can't wait for my boxes to arrive. Missed you last weekend at the show.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From two cases of Downton Abbey, I got the following:

First Case:

All Autographs except: Mary and Daisy
All Costume Cards plus an extra of W05
9 Base Sets
1 complete Mini card set plus a few extras
2 complete sets of Upstairs foils
1 complete set of Downstairs foils plus extras
2 complete sets of WWI foils plus extras
No Sketches

Second Post:

All Autographs except: Mrs. Patmore and Anna (that Mary auto was in the last box...)
Costume Cards: W01-W06, plus an extra W03; DW01, DW03-DW05, plus an extra of DW03
9 Base Sets
1 card missing to make a complete mini card set (not in the extras from the previous case)
2 complete sets of Upstairs foils
1 complete set of Downstairs foils plus extras
2 complete sets of WWI foils plus extras
1 mini card sketch of Mr. Carson by Chris Meeks (it's in the Cryptozoic sketches blog) plus a P1 promo card
1 regular sized sketch of O'Brien by M. Jason Reed (also shown in the Cryptozoic sketches blog)

I was very lucky to get such nice sketches. And, I was shocked to see that I got two in the same case!

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Second case gave me a set of autos except Mary (ourch) and Anna, a full set of minis, a full set of single and dual costumes and this...

A Wartime Thomas by Cat Staggs

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 6 cases and only pulled two sketches. I was pretty upset about that. Luckily, I was able to purchase 4 more sketches from ebay for a total price of about what I paid for one case.

Posts: 33 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wonged
posted Hide Post
I have four grown-up nieces that are really into this show, and they got me to watch it too. So I got them each a box to open, and one for myself too when I found out that the base set was 108. At minimum I wanted each of them to get a base set !! Then when I heard it was 126 card base set, and there would be less than 100 cards per box, I was able to order a sixth box.

The nieces just came over to open their boxes, and I opened my two. I am disappointed to say that we only got three complete base sets from 6 boxes !! The fourth set is missing 10 cards. I am trying to figure the best way to get these 10 common cards.

Aside from base sets disappointment, we got the expected number of parallels (72), UP, DWN & WW1 chase cards (12 each), wardrobe (6) and autos (6).

Posts: 20 | Location: Central NY State | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My wife opened 2 boxes Wonged and got her base set. Drop me an E-mail with your singles you need at barobehere2@comcast.net Hopefully I will have what you need.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The nieces just came over to open their boxes, and I opened my two. I am disappointed to say that we only got three complete base sets from 6 boxes !! The fourth set is missing 10 cards. I am trying to figure the best way to get these 10 common cards.

Ed, I feel your pain. To me, there is no way that one should not be able to pull a full base set from one box of product. Likewise, with my 6 cases, I feel I should have pulled a minimum of 3 sketch cards instead of the 2 that I got. At the factory, they can mark which cases have a sketch card inside. For every 2 cases, one should pull at least 1 sketch. Anyway, I am almost done sorting out all my cards. Drop me a line at jamster622@msn.com on what u need to complete sets, and I will see what I have.

Posts: 33 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
First Case:

Autos
A1 Jim Carter
A2 Laura Carmichael
A3 Phyllis Logan
A4 Siobhan Finneran
A5 Sophie McShera
A6 Thomas Howes
A7 Michelle Dockery
A9 Joanne Froggatt
A10 Rob James-Collier
A11 Lesley Nicol
A13 Iain Glen
A14 Allen Leech

Costumes
W01 Lady Edit Crawley's evening dress
W02 Sarah O'Brien's black dress x2
W03 Mrs. Patmore's linen shirt
W04 Lady Mary's dress
W05 Lady Cora's dress
W06 Lady Mary's dress
DW01 Lady Edith/Lady Mary
DW02 Lady Cora/Lady Mary
DW03 Lady Cora/Lady Edith
DW04 Sarah O'Brien/Mrs. Patmore x2

Inserts
Upstairs - 2 complete sets
Downstairs - 1 complete set, 10 extras
At War - 2 complete sets, 6 extras

And a sketch by Bob Stevlic:

...And a bunch of parallels that I can barely read the numbers on.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened one of two boxes and I love the cigarette cards!

Pulled

Mary's dress costume card
Ian Glen auto
2 UP 2 Downstairs
2 WW 1

Will be contacting some who've posted for trades.

Really love this set Crypto!!!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
I only recently discovered the show Downtown Abbey and my wife and I are hooked. Because I found a friendly dealer with great prices I ordered 3 hobby boxes with the hope of receiving some of my favorite character's autographs and make a full set of base cards. To be a fair report, I did order one other box 1st from the same dealer(I pulled a Mrs. Hughs auto and a Mrs. Patmore costume.He was so fast with shipping and I liked the product so I asked to order 3 more boxes from the same case so I could evade duplicate chase cards. Sadly the rest of the boxes sold at a show but the dealer said my three boxes would come from a brand new case which is pretty cool. And this is what I received. Sorry about the duplicate pictures, but on a smart phone something wasn't working right.Anyway, here we go.

1st Box: Michele Dockery Dance (Lady Mary) Auto, 0'Brien costume, 2nd Box: Jim Carter (Carson) auto, dual costume Lady Mary-Lady Cora, 3rd Box: Lesley Nicol (Mrs. Patmore) auto, dual costume Lady Edith-Lady Mary...AND an in color head shot of Mr. Carson full size sketch card done by Chris Meeks Bouncey . I was able to make 2 full base sets from these 3 boxes plus the one box I got previously. My friend said he would try to pick good boxes...boy did he ever!

[URL= <a href="http://%5BURL=http://s147.photobucket.com/user/ribeyespud/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CAM01440-1_zpszv7z3uvx.jpg.html" target="_blank"> ] </a>[URL= ] [/URL][URL= ] [/URL][URL= ] [/URL][URL= ] [/URL][URL= ] IMG]<a href="http://%5BURL=http://s147.photobucket.com/user/ribeyespud/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CAM01427_zpszq76ifhh.jpg.html" target="_blank"> ] </a>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ribeyespud,

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice cards, congrats! The sketch is fantastic. Meeks does some fine work on these.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
quote:
chesspieceface

Thanks! As much as we enjoy the show it was my best pulls in years and I totally had a blast opening the packs and making the base sets. I couldn't believe my luck when I fanned out a pack of cards I opened and there was the sketch! Luv You when I opened up the 1st box and pulled the Michele Dockery autograph card I thought anything else was just icing on the cake. Mr. Carson is one of my favorite characters so to pull his autograph AND sketch was just perfect Thumb Up

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post