Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Season Six (Topps, 2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season Six (Topps, 2017)
 Login/Join

Picture of Curler
posted
I purchased one box this week. Here is what I pulled out of that box:

1 base set
24 base set Rust parallels
8 Character cards
6 Locations cards
4 Chop cards
6 Walkers cards
1 Card Trader free pack card
1 autograph card: Josh McDermitt as Eugene Porter number 31/99
1 Amazing sketch card Smile Thumb Up

The name on the back of the sketch card is Graham. The artist outdid himself on that one. I love that card!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curler,

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice Curler! You always pull great stuff!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great pull

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Superb pull. Great art Metal

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Actually saw retail blasters in Wal-Mart. Supposed to have a guaranteed relic card.

Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I found blasters at Target today yes one costume in each box. Found Spider-Man and Guardians at Walmart.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
NICE SKETCH, all my hits were related to the Anderson family.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I found blasters at Target today yes one costume in each box. Found Spider-Man and Guardians at Walmart.

These Walmart + Target exclusives suck when you live in UK.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I have bought a Blaster box of these from Target with a nice costume from Carol. I also bought a hobby box at my local shop - although I hadn't planned to get a full box.
My last Walking Dead box, Season 5 was bad, no autographs, got 2 costumes cards, no complete base set, and duplicates of chase cards.
So this time I was cautious, and bought 12 packs, half the box. Surely one of the hits would be in there and I was hoping most for an auto.
No hits in the 12 packs.
So later yesterday I went back to the shop, bought 5 more packs. Opened them in the car. No hits. Now I'm getting mad, I'm not greedy, but I just wanted one hit. So I go back in the shop. Buy 4 more packs. I open them in the store. No hits.
3 packs left, so I buy them, first pack has a nice Bill Pulovski sketch of Abraham. Second pack has nothing. So now I have one pack left, autograph? No another sketch, not as nice as the first one.
So, I figure I at least have a base set. Nope, missing 3 cards altogether, and 2 more I only have the rust versions.

So 2 boxes of Walking Dead, no autographs, no complete set. I did get lots of duplicates, even dupes of the rust cards. I wonder how many cards I would be missing if I hadn't bought the blaster box.

The cards themselves are nice, like the portrait subset, the Chop set is silly, a pic of main cast members reflected on the face of a meat cleaver, and on the back it says "Chop". I think the nicest subsets are the ones in Target and Walmart packs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I have bought a Blaster box of these from Target with a nice costume from Carol. I also bought a hobby box at my local shop - although I hadn't planned to get a full box.
My last Walking Dead box, Season 5 was bad, no autographs, got 2 costumes cards, no complete base set, and duplicates of chase cards.
So this time I was cautious, and bought 12 packs, half the box. Surely one of the hits would be in there and I was hoping most for an auto.
No hits in the 12 packs.
So later yesterday I went back to the shop, bought 5 more packs. Opened them in the car. No hits. Now I'm getting mad, I'm not greedy, but I just wanted one hit. So I go back in the shop. Buy 4 more packs. I open them in the store. No hits.
3 packs left, so I buy them, first pack has a nice Bill Pulovski sketch of Abraham. Second pack has nothing. So now I have one pack left, autograph? No another sketch, not as nice as the first one.
So, I figure I at least have a base set. Nope, missing 3 cards altogether, and 2 more I only have the rust versions.

So 2 boxes of Walking Dead, no autographs, no complete set. I did get lots of duplicates, even dupes of the rust cards. I wonder how many cards I would be missing if I hadn't bought the blaster box.

The cards themselves are nice, like the portrait subset, the Chop set is silly, a pic of main cast members reflected on the face of a meat cleaver, and on the back it says "Chop". I think the nicest subsets are the ones in Target and Walmart packs.

The problem with buying packs that way is you aren't 100% sure they came from the same box.

I opened a case of season 5 and it was a mess. No autographs in the entire case. Topps admitted something was wrong in the pack out process.

Season 6 the collation was perfect in regards to base. Made a set from each box and almost made a set from the extra cards. Had my one autograph in each box and either a sketch or costume card in each box. My only concern with the product is the parallels. Besides the rust which are one per pack I only pulled one mold and one sepia out of the entire case. Either they loaded the blasters with these parallels or Topps printed a LOT of season 6. The odds printed on the packs suggest they printed a lot.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
ifish, these were definitely from the same box, the dealer only had 2 boxes, and one was still unopened.
I did get one numbered parallel, 10 of 10.

The base thing really bothers me, A base set of regular cards should be simple enough to make out of each box from America's oldest and largest card company.
Glad you did better than I did with your case of Season 6.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

So that's not supposed to be. One autograph is guaranteed and the second hit could be an auto, relic, plate or sketch. By getting two sketches you have beaten the odds on a rarer hit, but of course it's only good if you wanted sketches in the first place. Big Grin

This is why I stay away from boxes that are using a random system for seeding different types of hits. I think its the same for many collectors. You know what you like. Getting a printing plate as an extra hit is wonderful, but getting it in place of the autograph card you want is another matter.

There should be a guarantee of the one type or two types of hits in every box and anything more should be added as extra value, but not as a blind rotation of 3 or 4 types of hits that all count as your guaranteed number of hits.

Posts: 10376 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The saga continues. My dealer sold the second box he had, and then picked up a third box. Okay, I think - I'll try for an auto, fill in my chase sets and finish the first base set.
So I start buying packs. 3 one day, 4 a few days later, etc. It turns out, nobody else is buying these. I have been working this box for 2 weeks, and still no hit!
So today I go in there and there's 7 packs left. I buy 4. I open them in the store, get another sketch, a pen and ink of Eugene.
So the auto is in one of the 3 packs left. I buy them. Pull a Michael Cudlitz Abraham auto, 7/99. Okay, Im happy. I put the other 2 packs in my pocket, go home. I'm sorting out my cards when I remember the 2 unopened packs. One has Benedict Samuel as Wolf auto, 17/99. The box had 2 autos and a sketch in it! I just had to buy every pack to get them.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Nice one Don. Sometimes odds really are just that and there is always a chance to get something better. I am pleased someone has a good story to tell from Topps.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done Don, perseverance does pay off Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I have had luck with Topps boxes in the past Samauto. With 2 different Mars Attacks boxes I got 2 metal printing plates

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Hi Don,

I know it doesn't apply to all Topps products, but recently two Star Wars boxes I sold to two different customers, with a guaranteed autograph among two hits, were not in the boxes. Just 1 hit were in each box (and not an autograph in sight). I guess the odds even out in the end though...

Cheers

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post