Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spellcasters II: Enchanted Realms (Perna Studios, 2016)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spellcasters II: Enchanted Realms (Perna Studios, 2016)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
My preview sets arrived today, with a superb piece of art by Collette Turner. Not familiar with the artist, but definitley one to watch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's a very nice sketch indeed!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Lovely

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I agree. That sketch looks great!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, my Preview sets arrived today, and I also found an incredible sketch by Norvien Basio!! Dance Elephant Metal

Absolutely incredible detail and the scan does not do it justice. Can't wait for the full set to come out! Clap

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My 16 packs for this set arrived at lunchtime. I took my time opening them so that I could enjoy every minute. There are never enough packs to open when the quality is this good Smile

In addition to the sketches, I also received one of the Meghan Hetrick lenticular cards and a Richard Cox Metal Dragon Chase Card ERM2. Oh, and four complete base and chase card sets. Although the subject matter wont appeal to everyone, I would recommend that anyone with an appreciation of high quality trading card based artwork should look into picking up at least a base set as they are gorgeous cards.

But enough rambling, here are the sketches I pulled in the order I pulled them:

Kat Laurange, Priscilla Petraites
Hanie Mohd, Jeena Pepersack

Lynne Anderson, Loren Bobbitt
Sam Agro, Jofel Cube

John Monserrat, Luro Hersal
Carolyn Edwards, Molly Brewer

Samantha Johnson, Irma Ahmed
Leah Mangue, Norvien Basio

The detail on some of these sketches has to be seen to be believed. It is just amazing how much effort the artists have put into these miniature works of art. Enjoy Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Looks like those cards have cast a spell over you. Beautiful artwork.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, Kevin! Can't wait to get mine! Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another tremendous set from Elaine and Tony. My 16 packs numbered 769/800 to 784/800 yielded the usual four sets of base and spot foil cards as well as the ERM1 metal card, the ERL lenticular card, and these beauties in the order I pulled them Smile :

Sanna U, Kate Bradley, Jessica Hickman.

Yuriko Shirou, Mike Hartigan, John Monserrat.

Elaine Perna metal sketch, Amy Clark, Irma Ahmed.

Jake Sumbing, Oliver Castaneda, Danielle Ellison.

Luro Hersal, Optic Nerve, Chris Meeks.

Anthony Tan, Priscilla Petraites.

Only strange thing about the break was I did not get a single unicorn sketch. I aim to take care of that as I just secured one of Carolyn Edwards AP's from the set Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Awesome pulls Richard. Smile

We were getting low on unicorn sketch cards by the end of putting the packs together. Unicorns were the least drawn in the set. Artists drew tons of elves, dragons, mermaids and fairies.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very pleased I pulled your metal sketch Elaine. Happy Birthday BTW Elephant . Hope you enjoy your break, you've definitely earned it Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
All very nice

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 16 pack break...
Sha-Nee Williams/Mel Uran/Anastasia Catris
Leah Mangue/JM Monserrat/Alexis Hill

Helga Wojik/Priscilla Petraites/Sean Pence
Tony Perna (PC-Smile!)/Optic Nerve/Stacy Kardash

Ingrid Hardy/Federico Blee/Jofel Cube
?/Megan Hetrick Lenticular/Metal Chase Dragon ERM2

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great pulls coalregion and Triple-Frog!! And TF, how lucky were you to get one of Elaine's metal sketch cards?!! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here is what my 16 packs yielded:

4 Complete base & Spot Foil Chase sets (as anticipated)
1 Metal Chase ERM2 Dragon
1 Lenticular ERL (way cool art by Meghan Hetrick as usual)
1 Redemption for a set of 4 Spot Foil Metal Variants (/20)

And the sketchy goodness:

Leah Mangue and Kate Bradley

Nestor Celario and Anastasia Catris

James Bukauskas and Danielle Ellison

Samantha Johnson and Stefanie Battalene

Jon Rademacher and Athina Constantinidou

Priscilla Petraites and Jofel Cube

Jeena Pepersack and Norvien Basio

Ingrid Hardy and Melike Acar

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my four sets in the mail yesterday! Clap Another outstanding release by Elaine and Tony! As Kevin mentioned above, even if the subject matter isn't your cup of tea, do yourself a favor and pick up at least a base set if you have an appreciation for great art card sets.

So, on to the goods... in addition to the four complete base sets and one spot foil chase set, I was also lucky enough to pull an ERL lenticular card by Meghan Hetrick. Smile And here are my sketch cards, in the order that I pulled them:

Optic Nerve. I love this, it's adorable!

Ingrid Hardy. Wow! I am a big fan of her work and this is just incredible! It isn't just a sketch card but a miniature museum piece.

Sam Agro. This greedy dragon is having too much fun sifting through the piles of gold!

Darla Ecklund. Quite the elegant dragon. Have a mentioned that I like dragons?!! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A lovely collection of sketches you pulled there Debi. Really liking the Ingrid Hardy Mermaid. She did a fantastic Pisces Mermaid AP for me for Dark Zodiac. As you say, these are paintings not sketches. The only downside to them is they are often quite curved with the acrylic paint.

Well doen to everyone else who has posted their pulls from this set. As ever, I there wasn't a bad set amongst them. Can I vote for Non-Sport Trading Card Set of 2016 now, as I think I know where my vote is going Thumb Up

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Went away for 10 days and came back to lots of stuff waiting to be opened. One case Game of Thrones, 4 sets of Perna Spellcasters and 2 cases of Star Wars Evolution. Very exciting and the first cards I have opened for ages.

A fabulous set. Base cards are all beautiful, nice inserts and stunning sketches. I only do the Mythology and Spellcasters sets from Perna so have been waiting for over a year!

As well as the base sets and sketches, I got the full set of 4 spot foil and the metal chase ERM1

Yuriko Shirou dragon / Gransoull elf

Sumbing dragon / Sanna U elf

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Around lunchtime today, my Bonus Set arrived. Inside the well packaged box I found a 20 card Base Set, an SF3 Silver Foil Chase Card and these two sketches by Jason Saldajeno and Fer Galicia:

Both sketches are excellent but the Saldajeno is simply amazing.