Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 & 4 (Cryptozoic, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bang Theory Seasons 3 & 4 (Cryptozoic, 2013)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
This is why I won't pre-order on eBay unless it's within 3 or 4 weeks of the release date.

I won't pre-order at all. I have gotten burned both ways before. I pre-ordered cards at higher prices than they came out and I pre-ordered cards that I never got because the seller over extended his orders.

I decided I don't need the aggravation, but I can see why a lot of collectors are becoming more inclined to order way in advance on stuff like BBT. They are afraid that if they wait for a true release date the box prices will go up, but I hope stories like this will at least make people more cautious. You can't pay strangers up front for cards that don't show up for 6 months. Better to lose the cards, than lose your money and the cards. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The thing is this person has 100% feedback with great comments. Last time I waited and the boxes were very expensive. I pre-ordered at what was a fair price and this happens. At the time the release date was only a few weeks away but that changed rather fast. At least I know my Bettie Page pre order will be coming.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
This is why I won't pre-order on eBay unless it's within 3 or 4 weeks of the release date.

I won't pre-order at all. I have gotten burned both ways before. I pre-ordered cards at higher prices than they came out and I pre-ordered cards that I never got because the seller over extended his orders.

I decided I don't need the aggravation, but I can see why a lot of collectors are becoming more inclined to order way in advance on stuff like BBT. They are afraid that if they wait for a true release date the box prices will go up, but I hope stories like this will at least make people more cautious. You can't pay strangers up front for cards that don't show up for 6 months. Better to lose the cards, than lose your money and the cards. Frown

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
The thing is this person has 100% feedback with great comments. Last time I waited and the boxes were very expensive. I pre-ordered at what was a fair price and this happens. At the time the release date was only a few weeks away but that changed rather fast. At least I know my Bettie Page pre order will be coming.Frown
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I fully understand that we all feel the pressure to lock in prices on certain popular titles that we know we want.

Dealers are under pressure too, because they have to get in orders months in advance of a release date without even knowing what's in the product. Then they get allocated down from the number they tried to order and the release date comes and goes. So what do they tell their customers that were pre-sold product?

Maybe your seller was reliable at one time, but went out of business. Maybe she made a mistake, oversold and spent the money. Maybe she intended to take people's money and disappear all along. Who knows?

But if the buyer protection was valid you would have at least gotten your money back. This loophole with the time elapsing after the pre-sale of a delayed release is a new thing to consider, and many collectors don't realize that eBay won't cover it if it happens.

That is why I said don't deal with strangers on pre-sales, but 20/20 hindsight is always perfect.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Our case didn't start well with us only pulling a Penny Costume out of the first box and only 2 other inserts. Yip, no Autograph from first box. Mad

But in the end we ended up with the correct amount of Autographs and were more than happy with the results. It seemed to be Penny and Sheldon mad!!!

Autographs:
A2 Sheldon Auto/Costume Elephant
A8 Aarti Mann
A9 Kevin Sussman
A10 John Ross Bowie
A12 Laurie Metcalf
A13 Alice Amter
A14 Brian George
A15 Carol Ann Susi
A16 Danica McKellar
A17 Wil Wheatonnnnn
A18 Rick Fox
A20 Ian Scott Rudolph

Costumes:
M-01.1 Sheldon
M-03 Penny
M-05 Howard
M-07 Bernadette
M-08 Sheldon
M-09 Leonard
M-12 Amy
M-13 Bernadette
M-16 Penny
M-17 Raj
M-19 Sheldon
M-21 Penny
M-25 Howard
M-26 Penny
DM-03 Leonard/Sheldon
DM-04 Howard/Raj
DM-05 Leonard/Penny
DM-06 Howard/Bernardette
DM-07 Raj/Leonard

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First time posting! Got one case. Big Grin

Autographs
A4 Simon Helberg Auto/Costume
A8 Aarti Mann
A10 John Ross Bowie
A11 Christine Baranski
A12 Laurie Metcalf
A13 Alice Amter
A15 Carol Ann Susi
A16 Danica McKellar
A17 Wil Wheaton
A18 Rick Fox
A19 Levar Burton
A20 Ian Scott Rudolph

Costumes
M-01.1 Sheldon's Purple T-Shirt
M-02 Leonard's Boxers
M-03 Penny's Blue Floral Tank
M-05 Howard's Blue Shirt
M-08 Sheldon's Green T-Shirt
M-10 Penny's Yellow Floral Tank
M-12 Amy's Blue Plaid Shirt
M-13 Bernadette's Red Scarf
M-14 Sheldon's Light Blue Shirt
M-17 Raj's Brown Shirt
M-18 Howard's Purple Shirt
M-19 Sheldon's Green T-Shirt
M-21 Penny's Pink Pajama Pants
M-23 Sheldon's Purple Undershirt
M-25 Howard's Purple Shirt
M-28 Raj's Red Jacket
DM-01 Penny & Sheldon Dual
DM-02 Amy & Sheldon Dual
DM-03 Leonard & Sheldon Dual
DM-04 Howard & Raj Dual
DM-06 Howard & Bernadette Dual

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gforce88,

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome. Awesome case, one of the best.

Is it just me or is every second case break I see involve a redemption. Surely there can't be any left!

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by B-Dunc:
just saw a case break on another forum that had 2 auto/costumes, so looks like there may be a handful of those out there.

Yep...there was one with Raj and Bernadette, and another with Penny and Bernadette.

I got 2 auto/costume cards as well (Bernadette and Sheldon Big Grin). I will be posting the rest of my fantastic case later as I have only opened 9 of the boxes so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Starchild,

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well the seller finally got in touch with me after ignoring my calls and e-mails and said they just got their order in and the box has been shipped. Looks like this is going to work out.

UPDATE--FINALLY GOT MY BOX-CLOSURE-IT'S A WONDERFUL THING

Melissa Rauch SIGNED COSTUME!--YAY!!!!!WORTH THE WAIT!
HOWARD'S BLUE SHIRT-Willing to trade this for other main character costume cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Just finished opening up the last 3 boxes of my case. Here's what was hiding inside:

Box 1
A17 Wil Wheaton
M03 Penny's blue floral tank

Box 2
A20 Ian Scott Rudolph
M21 Penny's pink pajama pants

Box 3
A7 Melissa Rausch auto/costume Smile
M08 Sheldon's green shirt (variant - part of shirt design)
M19 Sheldon's green shirt
DM-01 Penny/Sheldon

Box 4
A15 Carol Ann Susi
M18 Howard's purple shirt
Yellow Ink Plate (Card #04) Dance

Box 5
A12 Laurie Metcalf
M13 Bernadette's red scarf (entire swatch is a piece of the design)
DM-07 Raj/Leonard

Box 6
A18 Rick Fox
M07 Bernadette's floral shirt
M28 Raj's red jacket

Box 7
A14 Brian George
M05 Howard's blue shirt

Box 8
A10 John Ross Bowie
M12 Amy's blue plaid shirt
DM06 Howard/Bernadette

Box 9
A2 Jim Parsons auto costume Elephant
M26 Penny's pink tank

Box 10
A9 Kevin Sussman
M16 Penny's floral dress

Box 11
A8 Aarti Mann
M-01.1 - Shelbot
M09 Leonard;s blue shirt
DM-05 Leonard/Penny

Box 12
A16 Danica McKellar
M24 Leonard's red shirt
DM04 Howard/Raj

So...

2 auto/costume
10 autos
16 costume
5 dual costume
1 Ink Plate
No duplicates

I am very, very pleased with my breakdown. My hubby and I had a great time opening up the boxes. Metal

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ran in to some financial trouble over Christmas and had to cancel my pre orders (many thanks to Miss Lissy for being so understanding). Managed to sell a few items for more than I thought and was lucky to snag 3 boxes for $80 each, which arrived today. Very very happy with the pulls

Box 1
A19 LeVar Burton
M09 Leonard's Blue Shirt
DM1 Penny/Sheldon Duel

Box 2
A16 Danica McKeller
M16 Penny's Floral Dress - all black :-(
DM2 Amy/Sheldon Duel!!

Box 3
M12 Amy's Blue Plaid Shirt
M28 Raj's Red Jacket
A3 Penny Wardrobe/Auto!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: August 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got 3 boxes and a binder today.

Autos
A9 - Kevin Sussman as Stuart
A14 - Brian George as Dr. Koothrappali
A15 - carol Ann Susi as Mrs. Wolowitz

Printing Plate

Printing plate of base card 24. (1 in 3 cases - not bad for 3 boxes)

Wardrobe

M-14 - Sheldon's light blue shirt

M-15 - Leonard's grey sweatshirt

M-21 - penny's pink pyjama pants

M-25 - Howard's purple shirt

M-29 - Howard's yellow shirt (binder card)

DM-07 - Raj & Leonard's clothes

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Roswellian
posted Hide Post
After being told that my pre-sale order of a sealed case was no longer going to happen (I did get a refund from the seller finally), I found a sealed case at a considerably higher cost than the pre-sale amount.

Opened the case this week and did not receive one of the autographed costume cards that I assumed were one per case.

I already contacted Cryptozoic about it and their response was basically tough luck. The odds are not guaranteed and they don't seem to be willing to do anything.

I have purchases cases of their products in the past (Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, Smallville, etc) without any issues.

Now this.

I am done with them and their products.

Getting unallocated for the case, then paying more than I thought I was going to pay and now not getting any help from customer service.
They can keep their cards.

Posts: 126 | Location: New York | Registered: November 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Managed to pick up a couple of boxes.

First box had 2 wardrobe cards, 1 dual wardrobe card and 1 auto/wardrobe card.
The other box had 1 wardrobe & 1 auto card of Laurie Metcalf.

A1 - Johnny Galecki as Leonard

M-01.0 - Sheldon's purple t-shirt

M-25 Howard's purple shirt

m-21 Penny's pink pajama pants (is that a US spelling for pyjama?)

DM-02 Amy & Sheldon's costumes

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
My box arrived today.
I got one base set and pulled

Elevator: E-02, E-09
Couples: CPL05, CPL07
Costume Cards: M-10, DM03
Autograph: Brian George
no redemtion
no printing plate
no autograph costume card

Too bad I only pulled 1 autograph, and one that I already had from the previous set.

And why did Cryptozoic change the autograph design? Not that I don't like the design from this set, but it would've been nice to have some consistency.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
A couple of more boxes

Autos
Christine Baranski as Beverley Hofstader
Aarti Mann as Priya Koothrappali

Costumes
M-15 - Leonard's Grey sweatshirt
M-19 - Sheldon's Green t-shirt

DM-05