Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek Movie Cards (Rittenhouse Archives, 2009)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Movie Cards (Rittenhouse Archives, 2009)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I just cracked my case and, I have to say, I was very pleased with the break...

Box 1 - 3285

Movie Stars – 1, 3, 7, 9

Behind the Scenes – 2, 4, 6

Enterprise – 1, 3, 5

2:24 –
Karl Urban / Bones auto (woo… what a neat signature…)
CC4 – Sulu

Box 2 - 5334

Movie Stars – 2, 4, 5, 8

Behind the Scenes – 1, 3

Enterprise – 2, 4, 6

Chris Pine / Kirk auto (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Dance Elephant Dance )
CC10 – Male Cadet

Box 3 - 1290

Movie Stars – 2, 4, 5, 6

Behind the Scenes – 1, 3, 5

Enterprise – 2, 4

CC5 – Chekov
CC7 – Bones

Box 4 - 4240

Movie Stars – 1, 2, 5, 8

Behind the Scenes – 1, 3, 6

Enterprise – 2, 3, 6

Anton Yelchin / Chekov auto
CC6 – Old Spock

Box 5 - 2291

Movie Stars – 6, 7, 9

Behind the Scenes – 2, 4, 5

Enterprise – 1, 5

CC2 – Spock
CC9 – Nero

Box 6 - 2292

Movie Stars – 1, 3, 7, 9

Behind the Scenes – 2, 4, 6

Enterprise – 3, 5

CC3 - Uhura
CC4 – Sulu

Box 7 - 7287

Movie Stars – 1, 3, 7, 8

Behind the Scenes – 4, 6

Enterprise – 3, 5, 6

John Cho / Sulu auto
CC3 – Uhura

Box 8 - 5333

Movie Stars – 2, 4, 5, 6

Behind the Scenes – 1, 5

Enterprise – 1, 2, 4

Jacob Kogan / Young Spock auto
CC7 – Bones

Box 9 - 6279

Movie Stars – 4, 6, 7, 9

Behind the Scenes – 2, 5

Enterprise – 1, 4, 5

Faran Tahir / Robau auto
CC8 - Captain Pike

Box 10 - 1289

Movie Stars – 2, 4, 6, 9

Behind the Scenes – 1, 2, 5

Enterprise – 1, 4

Chris Hemsworth / George Kirk auto
CC11 – Female Cadet

Box 11 – 3284

Movie Stars – 1, 3, 7, 8

Behind the Scenes – 3, 4, 6

Enterprise – 3, 5, 6

Alex Kurtzman / Writer auto card (from the Karl Urban school of signatures…)
CC5 – Chekov

Box 12 - 7286

Movie Stars – 1, 3, 5, 8

Behind the Scenes – 3, 4, 6

Enterprise – 2, 3, 6

Zoe Saldana / Uhura auto
CC1 - Kirk

Overall, a complete set of costume cards plus 4 extras (CC3, CC4, CC5 and CC7), 5 sets of each chase set plus a half-dozen assorted extras, 15 full base sets, and most of the autographs I wanted (I will now go a-hunting for the Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Bruce Greenwood and Eric Bana) and I also got 2 "very limited" auto cards... and one of them I will most likely trade / sell.

The pictures on the base cards could've been a bit better by having some variety on the back, but I can live with it.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Orange
posted Hide Post
I opened a my first box last night with my wife and it will be hard to top. Hopefully the second box that is on it's way proves to be as exciting. I haven't sorted the base cards yet, will do that after the second box arrives.

Movie Stars - 2,4,6,9
Behind the Scenes - 1,3,5
Enterprise - 3,5,6

Costume Card -CC4 Sulu Dance

And in a pack at the bottom of the box....

By far the best box of anything I have ever opened.

Posts: 26 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

FYI~ I deleted a couple of posts above that were sort of borderline cherry-picking posts (well, one was and the other was a reply that wouldn't have made sense if left).

As our FAQ notes, cherry-picking discussion is not permitted here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 of my remaining 3 boxes and got
2 x CC3 costume cards

autos
Zachary Quinto as Spock (nowhere near as good as the one spiral8 got on the previous page)
Zoe Saldana as Uhura

That leaves me wanting only the CC9 costume card and the Simon Pegg & Eric Bana auto cards. I don't need all the autos.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the guy who parks his car half a parking lot away from everybody else and then puts cones around it. Roll Eyes

Anyway, here are the big hits from my three boxes:
3422/7500
Zoe Saldana (Uhura) auto - limited Thumb Up
CC9 Nero

5483/7500
Alex Kurtzman (writer) scribble - very limited Mad
CC3 Uhura

7428/7500
Chris Pine (kirk) auto - very limited Thumb Up
CC11 female cadet (pictures Uhura)

Decent pulls from only three boxes.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Orange
posted Hide Post
Opened Box number 2 last night. The big hits were

Alex Kutzman-scribble is an apt description
and a second CC4-Sulu Costume.

Nice to pull 2 very limiteds out of 2 boxes, even if the Kurtzman is illegilble. Kind of bummed to pull a second CC4 any of the other cosutmes would have been nice. Also doubled up on the Quinto-S02 card in this box, now have 3 of these.
Did complete 1 Enterprise chase set out of the 2 boxes and 1 card short of the Behind the Scenes with one duplicate.

Posts: 26 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got all 6 boxes open and scanned to show. Over all I'm happy with them I have to say... but now I want MORE! I have to get a Pine auto! Smile
Enjoy (I know I was really happy to see that bones costume.. but not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.. decisions decisions)

[URL= ]
[URL= ]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gooniesguy,

Posts: 35 | Location: Canada | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gooniesguy:
I know I was really happy to see that bones costume.. but not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.. decisions decisions

I see what you mean... it looks like a defective card.

However, I *do* have an extra Bones costume card, with the proper one-colour swatch. I'd be more than happy to trade you. . . . Angel

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I bought one box, and I got:

Simon Pegg auto Clap Bouncey
CC3 Uhura

Chase cards are nothing exciting, but the base set is great, and I'm thrilled with the Simon Pegg auto!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simon1978:
quote:
I know I was really happy to see that bones costume.. but not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.. decisions decisions

I see what you mean... it looks like a defective card.

However, I *do* have an extra Bones costume card, with the proper one-colour swatch. I'd be more than happy to trade you. . . . Angel

Its definitely not a defective card, over the past couple of weeks there have been many sellers selling this type of variant from almost all the the costume cards.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
Its definitely not a defective card...

So... you're not gonna fall for my ruse then?

*sulks*

Wink

Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
Box breakdowns for my 3 boxes;

Box No.: 2210
Stars - S03, S06, S07, S09
Behind-the-Scenes - B1, B2, B5
Enterprise - E2 ,E4
Costumes - CC2: Spock, CC4: Sulu

Box No.: 4114
Stars - S02, S04, S05, S08
Behind-the-Scenes - B3, B6
Enterprise - E3, E5, E6
Costumes - CC7: Bones
Autos - Anton Yelchin - Chekov

Box No.: 7160
Stars - S04, S06, S07, S09
Behind-the-Scenes - B1, B5
Enterprise - E2, E4, E6
Costumes - CC3: Uhura
Autos - Zoe Saldana - Uhura

Each box also yielded 1 complete base set & spares but not spares to make up a fourth set.
Overall the quality of the cards were good but somewhat short on content, the text on the backs have to be about the briefest I've seen on a card set other than Quotable cards.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL.. not quite. Nice try though. Wink

Posts: 35 | Location: Canada | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think Scifi Colector did Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
quote:
quote:

I think Scifi Colector did Big Grin

I get it now,... Twak

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My boyfriend surprised me with a box of these last night as a slightly early birthday present, and I was really pleased with it. Considering I was trying to be good and no longer collect trading cards for awhile, this just ruined that for me!

Main pulls:

Costumes: CC03 - Uhura, CC07 - Bones
Autographs: Karl Urban as Bones

Big Grin

McCoy is one of my absolute favorite characters in the movie, so despite the fact that I was holding out for a Pine or Quinto, I'm really, really happy with what I got (even in spite of the, y'know, barely-signature, lol). Plus, 3 hits! Awesome!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ariana,

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Got third box with all of the usual.

The premium hits were:

#CC9 - Nero costume. Cool card, although I don't think its a variant. Black leather type material with fur type pattern.

John Cho autograph as Sulu.

I should stop, but these autographs are very tempting. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
but these autographs are very tempting. Smile

Too right they are... I now need the Quinto to complete the set I want... and Abrams and Orci if I want the full auto run... do I? Do I? I'll see...

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This product seems to be drying up pretty quickly. Boxes and cases especially are becoming tougher to find.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got myself three more boxes from two separate dealers because I have no willpower. Smile

Box 1 - Costumes - CC10
Autos - None

Frown Disappointing...this is the first time I haven't hit the stated odds on a product. Probably karma for the three hits on the first box, lol.

Box 2 - Costumes - CC4
Autos - Anton Yelchin as Chekov

Box 3 - Costumes - CC4 Frown, and CC3 (Already had this one, but my friend was excited to add it to his collection, lol.)

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post