Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deeceman:
The second sketch I don't recognize the artist but I really like the sketch so if any of you guys could help with the ID that would be great.

Tommy Lee Edwards

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks!

and Tevans- I go to the show at the Royal Oak Elks every Wednesday.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
2 boxes very disappointed. I think this will be my last topps product i buy.

Box one
Ke Huy Quan autograph thats it.

Box two
1 parallel thats it.

1 base set out of 2 boxes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gabfan,

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
thanks!

and Tevans- I go to the show at the Royal Oak Elks every Wednesday.

Dave

Royal Oak, no kidding I grew up and lived there for 24 years. Where and what time is the show? I'd like to stop by some week.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the Royal Oak Elks is on the service drive- basically where 11 Mile meets 696 and I-75. The show starts at 12PM and goes til about 7.

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here is my first case:

? by Lee Kohse

Sallah by Joe Corroney Elephant

Also got 11 golds. No Waterdown sketch and my first Corroney = 1 happy Iggy Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our 2 Case Break

Autos w/o scans since I think everybodies seen them all

David Yip x2
Vic Tablian x2
George Harris
Michael Byrne
Anthony Higgins
Vernon Dobtcheff
Ke Huy Quan

Sketches

Clay McCormack

Joe Corroney

Cynthia Cummens

Steve Oatney

Uko Smith

RW

Very Happy with the break.

Does anyone know the Character in the Oatney sketch and the name of the mountain in the Cummens sketch?

Mike

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Before I got home, I stopped off at 2 comic shops and pulled the following:

Brent Schoonover

It was a good day

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gopher_narly
posted Hide Post
Wow, a lot of beautiful sketch cards being pulled.

Posts: 69 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the Character in the Oatney sketch and the name of the mountain in the Cummens sketch?

Mike[/QUOTE]

I believe the character is Balloq

Posts: 57 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
I opened a case today at a local show in SE Michigan. I got the case for $304 US which works out to exactly $38 per box.

11 parallels numbered to 500

5 autos including: David Yip as Wu Han, Wolf Kahler as Colonel Dietrich, Isla Blair as Mrs. Donovan, Vic Tablian as Monkey Man/Barranca, Ric Young as Kao Kan

3 sketches including one by Howard Shum of a subject that I just don't recognize- no offense Howard as I personally have no artistic ability whatsoever but I've had a hard time deciphering what you are sketching in both the Heroes release and this one. The second sketch I don't recognize the artist but I really like the sketch so if any of you guys could help with the ID that would be great. And finally a fantastic sketch by Michael "Locoduck" Duron.

Here are the scans:

A quick review of my case....I like the base cards as they are colorful and captured the feel of the films very well. The parallels are ok- I just wish there was something more special about them like a foil or refractor finish or something. I was disappointed with the autos that I got all in all. I was of course not expecting to hit Ford or Lucas or Spielberg but it would have been nice to get someone just a little more recognizable- even Short Round would have been great. As far as the sketches go I really like two out of the three that I got. Nothing color which is too bad but the detail on my 2nd one plus the awesome style of the Locoduck made me happy. Overall I give the product a 7/10. There could have been one more level of insert or at least something better done with the parallels.

thanks for the look!

Dave

dont suppose you bought this case from KenCor at that show at the elks lodge ?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Here's my case breakdown:

Box 1:
Promo P1
Foil cards:
Card 84 (265/500)
Card 67 (15/500)
Sketch: Dennis Budd, Indy

Box 2
Promo P1
Foil cards:
Card 26 (421/500)
Card 82 (280/500)
Sketch: Dennis Budd, Willie

Box 3
Promo P3
Foil Card:
Card 32 (475/500)
Autograph: Julian Glover

Box 4
Promo P3
Foil card:
Card 43 (162/500)
No sketch or autograph
missing 4 base cards for a set

Box 5
Promo P2
Foil:
Card 8 (358/500)
Autograph: George Harris

Box 6
Promo P1
Foil cards:
Card 40 (456/500)
Card 59 (30/500)
No autograph or sketch
Missing two base cards to complete a set

Box 7
Promo P2
Foil Card:
Card 75 (98/500)
Sketch: Indy by someone who's signature looks like "Glashon"
Autograph: Wolf Kahler

Box 8
Promo P2
Foil cards: none
Autograph: David Yip
Missing 27 base cards to complete a set

I'll post scans tomorrow or Friday. Got extra foils but short one premium card. 4 autographs, 3 sketches. On the other hand, I did manage to avoid the dreaded Waterhouse. Which would be worse: pulling nothing or pulling that monkey? Hard for me to say...

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zhamlau- no it wasn't from KenCor- it was from Phil Volpe on the other side of the room. I asked Robert of KenCor to get me a case and he still might.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just pulled a Lawrence Kasdan (Writer) autograph from my 4th case. I have not seen him pulled on this or another site yet and none have showed up on Ebay so I have to imagine he is very short printed autograph.

Will get scans up of cases 3, 4, and 5 later today. Have been extremely lucky with my sketch pulls.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
Just pulled a Lawrence Kasdan (Writer) autograph from my 4th case. I have not seen him pulled on this or another site yet and none have showed up on Ebay so I have to imagine he is very short printed autograph.

Will get scans up of cases 3, 4, and 5 later today. Have been extremely lucky with my sketch pulls.

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the Kasdan pic! Also, I've only seen 1 Alfred Molina pulled, if someone has a pic of that, I'd like to see it!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zhamlau- no it wasn't from KenCor- it was from Phil Volpe on the other side of the room. I asked Robert of KenCor to get me a case and he still might.

wow, phil volpe...i remember him. is gary still setting up there (the thin tall raggedy looking guy who buys commons and junk inserts).

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted a 4 case break earlier. I wife wanted to open some packs.

Mark Brooks

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

BB

Posts: 15 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Case 3

11 Parallels
4 Autos
4 Sketches

Ric Young as Kao Kan
Vernon Dobtcheff as The Butler
Roshan Seth as Chattar Lal
Julian Glover as Walter Donovan

Case 4

10 Parallels
4 Autos
5 Sketches (got an extra insert in one box)

Isla Blaire as Mrs. Donovan
Vic Tablian as Monkey Man
Lawrence Kasdan (Writer) (Have not seen a single one of these turn up yet...)

Case 5

11 Parallels
5 Autos
3 Sketches

Michael Byrne as Vogel
Anthony Higgins as Gobler
Isla Blair as Mrs. Donovan
Vernon Dobtcheff as The Butler

Overall I am really happy with this set. I had pretty amazing luck with the sketches even with the waterhouses at 1 or sometimes 2 per case. My autographs overall were not the greatest, but I think I did ok on them with 1 or 2 limited signers. I really enjoyed this set and I am suprised I did. I am not the biggest Indy fan, and I originally had only 1 case ordered but bumped it to 5 when I saw some of the artists samples and heard about the big signers. I am sorry to hear about all these dud boxes but out of my 40 boxes I only had 1 dud box, and another box in the case had two inserts to make up for it.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 boxes from a local shop this afternoon. These were the first full boxes i've opened in years and the feeling was great. Here's the breakdown:

BOX 1
Promo P2
Foil: #10 "Business in Cairo" 094/500
Sketch: Indy by Cooney

BOX 2
Promo P3
Foil: #76 "An Unfair Advantage" 492/500
Sketch: Sallah by PS'08 (Paul Shoemaker?)

All in all i'm disappointed that I didn't pull an auto, my main goal, but i'm really psyched about my first 2 sketch cards ever...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MadCow,

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Madcow....If you decide to sell those beauts I promise you can definetly pick up quite a few autos for what you will get for those. Very nice pulls!