Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hey Everyone, just got my one and only box from my local card seller, was nice to pop it open and smell the gum, i had forgotten what that was like....anyway, box topper was the P2 Promo in plastic wrap

First pack i opened was Sketch card topps 1/1 (number) not sure who the artist is, will add scan later as i get the time. (that will probably do it for the goodies....lol) pack 2 just base set cards, pack 3 i can see this will not go anywhere, same exact pack as #2, anyone get a complete base set from a box, with the way i am starting out i sure wont. will let you know if any other goodies show up later as i open them all.

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that was a big waste of money, i box = not even a base set and exactly 1 ONE insert, NO autographs no nothing other than one pretty ugly artist sketch card, the one positive is that it is 1 of 1 so maybe i can sell it on ebay a get some of my $50+ bucks back, anyone want to buy some gum?

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more not to add, This was my LAST box ever from Topps, sick of their distribution, will stick with the smaller companies and Donruss from here on.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TradesAmericana:
Well that was a big waste of money, i box = not even a base set and exactly 1 ONE insert, NO autographs no nothing other than one pretty ugly artist sketch card, the one positive is that it is 1 of 1 so maybe i can sell it on ebay a get some of my $50+ bucks back, anyone want to buy some gum?

Shoot me a list of the base cards you need, haven't sorted our cases yet but I'm sure we'll have extras of the one you need.

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mdelbene

thanks for the trade offer, i was just about to list the ones i need, here is the list, 1, 2, 7, 15, 18, 19, 27, 34, 35, 36, 48, 54, 60, 64, 70, 74, 80, 86, 88, 90

a $50+ box and not even a set, amazing, thanks Mdelbene for the help on the set.

Picture of Wingsi
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Mdelbene

thanks for the trade offer, i was just about to list the ones i need, here is the list, 1, 2, 7, 15, 18, 19, 27, 34, 35, 36, 48, 54, 60, 64, 70, 74, 80, 86, 88, 90

a $50+ box and not even a set, amazing, thanks Mdelbene for the help on the set.

You sure it was a sealed box? As in still in plastic? To me that seems like extremely bad luck or it was a collection of packs from different boxes.
But I guess it can happen, never happened to me though.

Posts: 29 | Location: Europe, somewhere where it's cold | Registered: May 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that the art sketch cards of 2 artists are badly done and go for very little on ebay (so far) and there are a lot of sketch cards from these 2 (i will call them artists for now) they are; MARK PROPST and even worse the monkey cards of Ryan Waterhouse are not scarce, i have yet to see one like i got out of my box, can't make out the artists name, will hold it for a while to see what shakes out on these boxes.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wingsi:
quote:
quote:
Mdelbene

You sure it was a sealed box? As in still in plastic? To me that seems like extremely bad luck or it was a collection of packs from different boxes.
But I guess it can happen, never happened to me though.
Yep, it was a factory sealed box, but then again that has been my history with Topps products.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't understand how anyone could be giving Propst a hard time. Waterhouse I understand, but Propst cards are leaps and bounds better than some artists from Heroes and LOTRM2 for sure.

Also, you are only supposed to get 1 insert per box so if you got a sketch, you got what you paid for. You should have also gotten 1 or 2 numbered cards, but I have had boxes that did not have them.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a forum for breakdowns! Not trades or discussion. . . please keep that to the appropriate threads!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with you Bryan, Propst's cards are nice and bold images, unlike some of the faint crusty sketches by Woodside in LOTRM2.

As for TradesAmericanna, I am sure that you could get someone to trade you an auto for the sketch card that you pulled. Post the scan so we can see it...it could very well end up that your idea of ugly might be something prized by someone else.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Like Yogi said,"It's deja vu all over again."

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This is my one and only pull from the box, at least it was not a Waterhouse card, i discovered this sketch card is from the artist Paul Gutierrez and according to someone on ebay he only did a total of 256 sketches for this series, so guess i paid for my box, but i don't collect sketch cards, i do autograph cards, oh well, could have been worse, good luck everyone!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you label this sketch as "ugly". Paul Gutierrez has reasonable following from collectors.

Chuck is on the bay if the sketch is not to your liking. It's sure to find a decent home.

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
Trades, that is an awesome card! It's color and well done. Then again i'm biased because i'm a TOD nut... Big Grin

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I bet that sketch will fetch a better price than some of the autos in this set.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Compared to the Waterhouse cards i have seen on ebay, all of you are right, this card i received is very nice, and yes in color makes it better, as I said it will likely pay for my box or at least part of it, all in all not that bad from what I have been hearing from others here.

posted Hide Post
Let's get back to breakdowns, if we can't do that these non-breakdown posts will be removed.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened one box, got a Howard Shum Indy sketch and two golds.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case breakdown...

11 parallels
Kate capshaw
Ric Young
Philip Tan
Roshan Seth
Isla Blair
Watkins Chow sketch
Dennis Budd sketch
Lee Kohse Sketch

Case two breakdown
10 parallels
JOhn Rhy Davies
Ric Young
Vic Tablian
Dan Parsons sketch
Josh H sketch
Cooney sketch

(1 box had nothing - zilch, 2 boxes had just one parallel in them)

Posts: 38 | Location: chicago | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post