Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I have sorted one of my two boxes and it was, without hyperbole, the worst box I have ever had.

The results:

Yummy Pink Gum: 24 pieces
Base Sets: 0 (7 cards short)
Doubles: 36
Triples: 1

Gold Parallels: 0
Autographs: 0
Sketch Cards: 0

I'm hoping that at least my second box has a base set. I know there's at least a parallel and a sketch (yay Waterhouse Monkey).

It's unfortunate because there's a lot in the base set that I like. And while I like to say I'm not a premium collector and I'm in the hobby for the base sets, this was just unacceptable. I use extreme discretion when it comes to picking my box purchases and this will only make me more discretionary in the future.

I also know that a lot of the people at Topps aren't out to rip people off. They have the best intentions. It's evident in the design of the base set, the packaging, the variety of signers. Yet when I don't even come close to a base set and there's nothing to add to my personal collection and little to no trade bait, how can I not have a sour taste in my mouth (once I've swallowed the delicious gum)?

Consider me officially bummed.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blwilson:
Picked up two boxes:

Autos x2 Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw Thumb Up

WOW!!!! Neither of those 2 can be easy to get! Great luck!

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rectz
posted Hide Post
wow... really sorry to hear that.. im quite surprised that topps wouldnt even have 1 per a box odds...

im getting a box.. and hopefully a case.. but im scared that my case may be a "builded case" as opposed to a real sealed case... as my distributor says that if he cant find me a case.. he will build me a case from cutting people back.. but this was way before the odds came out.. so i can end up doing really good or really reallly bad...

i wish you luck in your future products to equal out on this one.. !!!

Posts: 64 | Location: vancouver/b.c./canada | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow ryan, im sorry to hear about your 2 box break. im hearing about so many boxes with nothing in it, not even a waterhouse monkey...i just dont know what to say, maybe its just these very few first boxes that are having a high rate of nothing in em. That as the product breaks more widely it will average out and topps will keep its word on 1 per box pulls.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
First box:

1 base set
1 box topper P2
1 gold foil parallel Card #4 (315/500)
1 autograph Alfred Molina

Overall a very good box to start with. I haven't scoped out the base cards too closely but from what I've seen they look very nice.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
quote:
Picked up two boxes:

Not fair.... Smile

Posts: 182 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike00spy:
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
quote:
Picked up two boxes:

Not fair.... Smile

It looks like all of the regular autos are on ebay and NO CAPSHAW. That has to mean she is a SP. Just wonder how rare they are.
Great pulls.

Posts: 38 | Location: Glenarm,IL | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wingsi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Autos x2 Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw

Now that's luck!! Awesome!!
And I agree that the Capshaw is going to very limited
Grats!! Thumb Up

Posts: 29 | Location: Europe, somewhere where it's cold | Registered: May 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes on Monday...

Box #1 - P1
- Parallel #8 (#116/500)
- Parallel #82 (#442/500)
- Cummens sketch (silhouetted Indy swinging on his whip or a rope)

Box #2 - P3
- Parallel #61 (#169/500)
- Shum sketch (Prof. Indy in a suit and tie)
- Wilkinson sketch (nice image of the golden idol from the start of Raiders)

I'm really happy to get three sketches out of two boxes seeing as how the odds were not at all in my favor. An auto would have been nice, but I'll survive, lol. The only sour note was that neither box contained a checklist.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Results from my case break:

Box 1: Walter Donovan Auto
Box 2: Sketch (Indy holding a torch with snakes)
Box 3: Glober Auto
Box 4: Grail Keeper Sketch
Box 5: Freighter Boat Captain (Katanga?) Auto
Box 6: -
Box 7: Monkey Owner Auto
Box 8: Waterhouse Melting Face Sketch/ Wu Han Auto / Deitrich (sp?) Auto

Total: 9 Autos, 3 sketches

Posts: 182 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:

Total: 9 Autos, 3 sketches

6 autos not 9?

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cubfan86:

It looks like all of the regular autos are on ebay and NO CAPSHAW. That has to mean she is a SP. Just wonder how rare they are.
Great pulls.

Looks like someone just posted a Capshaw (starting bid $399.99) AND a Ford has also hit (BIN of $9999.99)

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:
quote:

Total: 6 Autos, 3 sketches

6 autos not 9?

Yeah, just fixed that :-)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just finished my first case.

Every box had one premium insert (auto/sketch) and 0/1/2 parallels. I ended up with 10 parallels, 5 autos, and 3 sketches. The autos left a little to be desired but the sketches more than made up for it. Any guess on the bottom sketch? I thought maybe Plunkett but the more I look at it the less I think it looks like his style...anyways...here we go

George Harris as Katanga
Anthony Higgins as Gobler
Wolf Hahler as Colonel Dietrich
Julian Glover as Walter Donovan
David Yip as Wu Han

& the lovely sketches....

No dud boxes, and no monkeys or melting faces so I am happy with the first case for sure.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Case 2

Another great case. This time (if air1213's 20 case break is anything of a sign of the rarity of some signers) I got much better autographs and my sketches were looking so so until the last box. I had a dud box, but was lucky enough to have a box with two autos to make up for it. Ended up with 9 parallels, 4 sketches, and 4 autos. Like I said, the sketches were so so up until the last box (I bet there is NO way you'll guess what the last sketch was :roll: ) On a side note, I am not sure is Propst is one of the larger number artist and is doing lots of duplicates, but if he is that "Propst" to him. I wish all the larger number artists could do cool duplicates like that Smile

Vernon Dobtcheff as The Butler
Isla Blair as Mrs. Donovan
Roshan Seth as Chattar Lal (Possibly limited)
Paul Freeman as Dr. Rene Belloq (Possibly limited)

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I know, your last box was the melting face Wink .
Just kidding, nic pulls Thumb Up .

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened a case today at a local show in SE Michigan. I got the case for $304 US which works out to exactly $38 per box.

11 parallels numbered to 500

5 autos including: David Yip as Wu Han, Wolf Kahler as Colonel Dietrich, Isla Blair as Mrs. Donovan, Vic Tablian as Monkey Man/Barranca, Ric Young as Kao Kan

3 sketches including one by Howard Shum of a subject that I just don't recognize- no offense Howard as I personally have no artistic ability whatsoever but I've had a hard time deciphering what you are sketching in both the Heroes release and this one. The second sketch I don't recognize the artist but I really like the sketch so if any of you guys could help with the ID that would be great. And finally a fantastic sketch by Michael "Locoduck" Duron.

Here are the scans:

A quick review of my case....I like the base cards as they are colorful and captured the feel of the films very well. The parallels are ok- I just wish there was something more special about them like a foil or refractor finish or something. I was disappointed with the autos that I got all in all. I was of course not expecting to hit Ford or Lucas or Spielberg but it would have been nice to get someone just a little more recognizable- even Short Round would have been great. As far as the sketches go I really like two out of the three that I got. Nothing color which is too bad but the detail on my 2nd one plus the awesome style of the Locoduck made me happy. Overall I give the product a 7/10. There could have been one more level of insert or at least something better done with the parallels.

thanks for the look!

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that sketch is of the bald, muscular Nazi from Raiders that Indy fights under and around the plane?

posted Hide Post
Nice pulls I really like your Duron sketch. What show in Mi did you goto? I'm also in SE michigan.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my 12 sketches from the 4 cases I opened.

Howard Shum

Artist ?

Lee Kohse

Jerry Vanderstelt

Ronald Salas

Colleen Doran

Ron Boyd

Amy Pronovost

Amy Pronovost

Cynthia Cummens

Rich Molinelli

Leah Mangue

Kate Capshaw Auto

Posts: 15 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post