Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
My cards arrived a few days ago but only just got around to scans. I actually did well on this set. Like everyone else, some boxes did not have a complete set, however my 8 boxes did deliver 9 complete sets when combined. As well as the 10 parallel cards, there were 6 autos and 3 sketches.

Autos:
- Roshan Seth (Chatral Lal)
- Philip Tan (henchman)
- Julian Glover (Walter Donovan)
- Isla Blair (Mrs Donovan)
- Karen Allen (Marion Ravenwood)
- Paul Freeman (Belloq), one of the rarer autos

Sketches:
- Waterhouse monkey (which you have all seen)
- Plunkett (can't remember character name)
- Hickman (Marion I think)

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
opened a box number 117831 got a P3 box loader card Big Grin

need a sense of humor when opening topps products Roll Eyes

Out of 20 cases I pulled 39 dud boxes out of boxes that had 117831. Frown BEWARE of the 117831!!!! Smile

But on a brighter note...here are some of my better pulls:

congrats on getting an adam hughes sketch

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats on the fantastic pulls that some folks have had so far.

my case arrived this morning. I'm halfway through box 1 and have pulled a promo (#3), a parallel and a Anthony Higgins auto.
I don't know if it is worth opening the rest of that box...

I think the rest will have to wait till the weekend.

my swaps list is at: http://videodrome.org/cards

Posts: 96 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened two more boxes to go along with the case I did previously and hit three parallels to 500 along with....

Karen Allen auto Big Grin
Ric Young auto (duplicate for me so its available for trade for an auto that I don't have)

After not really getting an auto of someone who I wanted in my case, it was great to get the Karen Allen and overall made me feel a whole lot better about my break.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I opened my first box, it was numbered 11-7831.

I got promo P1
Parallels #15 150/500, #74 309/150
Julian Glover auto
I don't know about the base set, all I know that one card from every pack was damaged. The damage was to the corner. Guess its the fun of opening "heritage stock" cards. Big Grin

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
second box NOTHING but 1 parallel and out of 2 boxes I got

1 parallel
10 cards short of a set
2 box loader cards..

I am not even considering putting the set together anymore this has turned me off this set and topps in general..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ouch! sorry about the poor luck Jim.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gopher_narly
posted Hide Post
Bought one box. I've been reading about all the dud boxes and thought no way I'd get one but sure enough I did. I got Parallel #87 438/500 and that was it. I did manage to complete a base set from the box which was cool. Still pretty bummed though.

Posts: 69 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only bought one box so far. I think I did pretty well.

I had no parallels or complete sets. I get the parallels I guess, but no set? LAME. I did pull a Karen Allen auto AND a sketch out of this box! I was shocked and happy!

I get paid at midnight, and I think I might need to buy another box.

Edit: Just counted, and I'm also 26 short of a full set of cards. Is this the magic number?

JF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JediFarfy,

Posts: 56 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
I have to give Topps a D for effort with this set. I bought one box and cracked it tonight. Like quite a few other single box buyers I wound up with no sketch or auto, only one parallel. I personally have more of a problem with this release than with LOTR Masterpieces II, and here's why:

Value.

Even though I pulled the dynamic duo of sketch cards (a Waterhouse troll and a Woodside Eomer) I still felt I got my 60 bucks worth considering I also got a complete set of the gorgeous base cards, a complete set of foil cards, a complete set of etched puzzle cards, and a bronze parallel in addition to my two sketch cards. And considering that's 18 inserts in 36 packs, I thought it was really neat to have basically ever other pack yield something other than just base cards.

With this product I paid 50 bucks for 119 singles, 1 card that has some tiny gold numbers in the corner, a promo card, and 24 sticks of gum. There's no value there. I wouldn't even have minded not getting an auto or sketch had I gotten a complete set and some insert cards when I cracked the box. I just feel bummed because it really seems like I took my 50 bucks and flushed it.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just opened another box:

- 1 base set
- 1 box topper (P2....again)
- 2 parallels #86 (141/500) & #53 (121/500)
- 1 color sketch card by Trevor Grove. Does anybody know who this character is? I'm thinking Marion but I'm not sure....I havn't watched the Indy films in quite a while.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Booker,

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
Just opened another box:

- 2 parallels
- 1 color sketch card by Trevor Grove. Does anybody know who this character is? I'm thinking Marion but I'm not sure....I havn't watched the Indy films in quite a while.

Yes thats Marion (Karen Allen), very nice sketch

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Booker:
Just opened another box:

- 2 parallels

WOW!! I'd LOVE to have pulled that! Red Face

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are my pulls from two boxes:

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for verifying CSI Dave =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened another case.
3 boxes without a sketch or auto.
1 box with both.

I wish I hadn't already ordered a case of Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

11 parallels
Box loaders P1x2, P2x4, P3x2

Autos
Julian Glover as Walter Donovan
Michael Byrne as Vogel
Vernon Dobtcheff as The Butler

Sketches

Opened Ark destroying nazi by David Rabitte
Elsa by ???

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Elsa may be by Jerry Vanderstelt.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm into box two, and pulled this and a Vic Tablian one after the other (at least they were in different packs).

This is only my second Sketch pull, so I'm pretty happy. Smile
Anyone able to tell me the artist?

Ian

my swaps list is at: http://videodrome.org/cards

Posts: 96 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Russ Walks. Nice pull.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post