Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Did someone know how many cut signatures they have on this set??? Confused
Just saw one on Ebay, I did not know they have cut signature in this product....
By the way did anyone contact Topps about missing item on some boxes to see if they can replace it wih something????

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Hobby Case 1

Box 1: P2, Parallel 44
Box 2: P3, Parallel 66, Byrne Auto, Waterhouse Sketch Frown
Box 3: P1, Parallel 4, Dobtcheff Auto
Box 4: P1, Parallel 36, 79, Propst Sketch, Full Set
Box 5: P1, Harris Auto
Box 6: P1, Parallel 24, Higgins Auto
Box 7: P3, Parallel 30, 50, Kahler Auto, Full Set
Box 8: P2, Parallel 52, 69, Glover Auto

Hobby Case 2

Box 1: P3, Parallel 21, Kahler Auto
Box 2: P2, Parallel 2, Waterhouse Sketch Frown
Box 3: P2, Parallel 20, 61, Higgins Auto, Full Set
Box 4: P1, Parallel 51, Harris Auto
Box 5: P3, Parallel 53, Shum Sketch
Box 6: P1, Parallel 7, 90, Young Auto
Box 7: P1, Parallel 27, Yip Auto
Box 8: P1, P2, Parallel 54, 71, Dobtcheff Auto

Another disappointing set. Poor collation of premium inserts and base cards. Took 3 boxes to make my first set. Parallel design should have been on the fronts to easily disguish them from regular base cards and perhaps had a different color border. I won't be posting any sketch scans as 3 out of the 4 I pulled were repeat-a-sketches.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlca:
Did someone know how many cut signatures they have on this set??? Confused
Just saw one on Ebay, I did not know they have cut signature in this product....
By the way did anyone contact Topps about missing item on some boxes to see if they can replace it wih something????

I think just the one.... ad sheet stated BONUS CUT SIGNATURES 1/1 of Denholm Elliot and Pat Roach

(the scan of back of the the elliot auto card has a gold 1/1 on it)

Posts: 38 | Location: chicago | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my one case, I got a hit in every box, but I had two Waterhouse monkey sketches (if only I hadn't opened those last two boxes...)

Four autos: Ke Huy Quon, Vernon Dobtcheff, Michael Byrne, Vic Tablian

Four sketches: the aforementioned 2 Waterhouse monkeys, a sketch of ?? by Chris Henderson and an Indy sketch by Mark Raats. My guess on the Henderson is the guy that gave Indy his hat but I'm not sure.

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any help identifying these artists would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
first one is Matthew Goodmanson

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Second and third are Shelli Paroline and Ronald Salas.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jennifer:
Four sketches: the aforementioned 2 Waterhouse monkeys, a sketch of ?? by Chris Henderson and an Indy sketch by Mark Raats. My guess on the Henderson is the guy that gave Indy his hat but I'm not sure.

I agree with your thoughts on the first sketch. I think it's Fedora (the character's nickname from Last Crusade. His eyes and grin really look like that character). Side trivia, he was originally written as Abner, Marion's dad, who had died prior to the events in Raiders! (Yeah, useless trivia, I know Big Grin).

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
1st case highlights:

Happy with the Allen and Capshaw autos, and while I only got one sketch, it was a great one from Jessica Hickman!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
These are from 6 loose boxes my dealer had left over from everyone's orders. I had better luck pulling sketches from these:

I still have quite a bit left to open, not sure when I will get to them!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
These are from 6 loose boxes my dealer had left over from everyone's orders. I had better luck pulling sketches from these:

I still have quite a bit left to open, not sure when I will get to them!

The top left one looks like Indy was just talking to your wife.

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
My second case... stamped 12 5700 for those keeping track.

11 Parallels

Isla Blair x2
Julian Glover
Phillip Tan
Kevork Malikyan

My first (and only) Waterhouse Monkey

Jess Hickman and the Holy Grail

Stephanie Yue ...the elder Dr. Jones

Not a great case, but not shorted any hits.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
My 3rd and final case....stamped 11 84440 (the same as my first case)

9 Parallels
Michael Byrne
Vernon Cobtcheff
Anthony Higgins
Julian Glover
Ke Huy Quan

and the following sketches....

Craig Rousseau

Indy on the Uboat by Chris Henderson Thumb Up

and

Marion in the Nazi plane's gun turrett by Cat Staggs Elephant Dance Sheep

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tevans333:

All three of those sketches were great, but I LOVE this Marion sketch.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 boxes today. Here's the hits.

Box 1:

Wilkinson sketch

Box 2:

2 autos (Ric Young & Vernon Dobtcheff) & 2 parallels.

Box 3:

Karen Allen auto!!

Very Happy with my box break.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Here's my Indy case break. 2 of the 8 boxs were duds but 2 had 2 pulls to make up for it. I'm very happy with the autos pulled. The edges of them are flakeing in the back though. After seeing all the great sketchs here i'm really bummed about the 2 waterhouse sketchs. Amy Pronovost color Sketch is very good though.

All boxes were numbered 12 5700

Box #1 Wolf Kahler Auto & Waterhouse Monkey Sketch
Gold 13 #296/500
Gold 65 #314/500

#2 No auto & no Sketch
Gold 85 #050/500

#3 Isla Blair Auto & No Sketch
Gold 29 #007/500
Gold 35 #108/500

#4 Roshan Seth Auto & Waterhouse Monkey Sketch
Gold 57 #136/500

#5 Karen Allen Auto & no sketch
Gold 55 #089/500

#6 Short Round auto & no sketch
Gold 4 #391/500

#7 No Auto & Amy Pronovost color Sallah Sketch
Gold 1 #075/500
Gold 79 #213/500

#8 No auto & no Sketch
Gold 44 #104/500

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LUZNDAVE,

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my 4 cases on the 20th to my surprise and fortunately, I did not pulled any Waterhouse sketches but I only had one big autograph hit of Karen Allen and the rest are common autos. Total of 17 Autos and 9 Sketches.

Here's my case breakdown on case #1: Overall, it was a one hit per box case as I had one box did not have any hit while one box had a sketch and an autograph.

Sketches:
Cat Staggs - Indy
Lee Kohse - Indy
Sarah Wilkinson - Dr. Henry Jones

Autographs:
Vic Tablian - Monkey Man/Barranca
Ke Huy Quan - Short Round
Anthony Higgins - Gobler
Micheal Byrnes - Vogel
Vernon Dobtcheff - Butler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nvr-enuff,

Posts: 47 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case #2: Overall, it was a disappointing case with the pulls falling below the stated odds. I had 2 boxes with no auto or sketch and one with zero hits (not even a parallel). The Karen Allen auto and Justin Chung sketch pulls made the pain a little easier.

Sketches:
Michael Duron - Hitler
Justin Chung - Indy bridge scene

Autographs:
Karen Allen - Marion Ravenwood
Julian Glover - Walter Donovan
Wolf Kahler - Colonel Dietrich

Posts: 47 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case #3: I guess it is a standard case to have 6 pulls as I have pulled some common autos which I already pulled and some decent sketches but not extraordinary. Again, 2 boxes with no auto or sketch.

Sketches:
Mark Goodmanson - Indy & Brody
Craig Rousseau - Sallah

Autographs:
Julian Glover - Walter Donovan

posted Hide Post
Case #4: Another 6 hit pull where 3 boxes did not yield any sketch or auto but one box had an autograph and sketch card. Other than the painted sketch card, the pulls are pretty much the common variety and duplicates autographs of what I have already pulled.

Sketches:
Jason Potratz/Jack Hai - 4 of 4 piece of a multi-card painting of the Temple of Doom
Mark Propst - Indy and snakes

Autographs:
Anthony Higgins - Gobler
Philip Tan - Chief Henchman