Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I got my Indy boxes yesterday, but what a desaster... out of 4 boxes I got 3 base sets (the 4th set is 6 cards short, the 5th is missing 24 cards), a complete set of box loaders (2x P2) and the parallels
4, 27, 40, 59, 88.

Someone has to explain the reason of existance of this useless and totally uninteresting parallels to me someday...

Two boxes had neither a sketch nor an autograph and the other two boxes had this...

And what should I do about the huge pile of toxic waste? Did anyone ever taste that? DISGUSTING!!!

I have never been so dissapointed in a Topps product before, but I guess it had to start sometime... Shake Head

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]
Someone has to explain the reason of existance of this useless and totally uninteresting parallels to me someday...
QUOTE]

Sorry about the 2 dud boxes(feel your pain) if the odds are correct(which I doubt) then there are some powerful boxes out there with all the duds..

As far as the parallels they were big in sports, to be honest I am suprised they only have the one set in sports they have like 20 different variants of the same card and I am really suprised they didn't do any 1/1 parallels

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Here's my case breakdown:

Box 1:
Auto - Michael Byrne as Vogel
Parallel - #49 079/500
Box Topper - P3

Box 2:
Auto - Ke Huy Quan as Short Round
Parallel - #60 206/500
Box Topper - P1

Box 3:
Sketch - Dan Parsons (Captain Katanga)
Parallel - #57 194/500, #72 439/500
Box Topper - P2

Box 4:
Sketch - ? (Indy)
Parallel - #14 197/500
Box Topper - P3

Box 5:
No auto or sketch
Parallel - #35 103/500
Box Topper P1

Box 6:
Auto - Vernon Dobtcheff as The Butler, Anthony Higgins as Gobler
Parallel - None
Box Topper - P2

Box 7:
Sketch - Uko Smith (Indy)
Parallel - #29 003/500
Box Topper P3

Box 8:
Sketch - Ryan Waterhouse (Monkey) Frown
Parallel - #46 313/500
Box Topper P3

Well, the case break works out to match the odds, which is better than some, but apart from the Uko Smith sketch, there is nothing really of note. I think I'll be cancelling my pre-order for Indy/Skull case based on this. There just isn't the value in a Topps case.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
As far as the parallels they were big in sports, to be honest I am suprised they only have the one set in sports they have like 20 different variants of the same card and I am really suprised they didn't do any 1/1 parallels

Give them time, I'm sure they will sooner or later.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 more boxes coming in today. That first case had the serial number of case death on them. I tried from a different distributer this time. Wish me luck.

Posts: 211 | Location: Bel Air, MD | Registered: August 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:
quote:

And it won't be long after that when you'll be seeing

Topps Indiana Jones Sterling
1 pack per box
7 Ultra Premium Cards per pack

Each pack contains:
1 Autograph/Costume Card numbered to 50
1 Autograph Card
1 Costume Card
2 Artist Sketch Cards all 1/1
1 Parallel Card numbered to 199, 99, 50, 25, 5 or 1
1 Base card

SRP - $350/box

Production will be limited. Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.

Give them time, I'm sure they will sooner or later.

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

While this certainly isn't the best place for this discussion, I think that parallel cards work better in sports cards because individual cards have value beyond just being 'commons.'

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Angel:
I have 3 more boxes coming in today. That first case had the serial number of case death on them. I tried from a different distributer this time. Wish me luck.

Good Luck!

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Yes Dark_Angel let us know what you pull Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Got a case and was afraid of the dreaded dud box but I did quite well.

Box #1
Base Sets: 1
Box Topper: P1
Parallels: 57, 72
Autograph: Kverok Malikyan

Box #2
Base Sets: 0
Box Topper: P2
Parallels: 46
Sketch: Mark McHaley (colour) Elephant

Box #3
Parallels: 31, 48
Autograph: Julian Glover

Box #4
Parallel: 57, 72
Sketch: Ryan Waterhouse (Monkey)

Box #5
Box Topper: P3
Parallels: 14
Sketch: Cat Staggs (colour) Clap

Box #6
Parallels: 0
Autograph: Philip Tan

Box #7
Parallels: 49
Autograph: Isla Blair

Box #8
Parallels: 65, 85
No Sketch or Autograph

Posting only the sketches. The autographs are pretty much the same as the others and the Waterhouse monkey can be skipped. The one box that didn't have an auto/sketch actually had 25 packs in it. Weird. I count myself lucky with the case break. Two awesome colour sketches really made my day.

I did make from the 8 boxes a total of 8 sets. Collation seems to be a little off.

Cheers,
Dragoncrypt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dragoncrypt,

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Well done! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow, you crushed it! great case, you even got a semi SP in the Maliykan autograph! congrats big time!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just opened another box figured I was due lol..

It was the greatest box ever I got

2 parallels
FINALLY finished a base set(took 3 boxes)
and the best of them all I REALLY beat the odds and pulled
x
x
x
x
x

31 pieces of gum BEAT THAT Big Grin

3 boxes not one sketch or autographs so I bought 3 sketches and 2 parallels and an auto off ebay for about 20.00 Shake Head

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Batman, zhamlau, thanks guys! I was so tempted to get another case, but I decided not to push my luck Big Grin

Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just opened another box figured I was due lol..

It was the greatest box ever I got

2 parallels
FINALLY finished a base set(took 3 boxes)
and the best of them all I REALLY beat the odds and pulled
x
x
x
x
x

31 pieces of gum BEAT THAT Big Grin

3 boxes not one sketch or autographs so I bought 3 sketches and 2 parallels and an auto off ebay for about 20.00 Shake Head

Sorry to hear that Jim. Frown. Were the sketches decent sketches?

These hit and miss boxes are really killing the Indiana Jones product line.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
they were 2 waterhouse that should say enough Big Grin

Picture of gatodama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragoncrypt:

great to know it has been found..that was one of, if not my favorite sketches from the set. I almost kept it...LOL

Posts: 240 | Location: san antonio TX | Registered: March 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone-

I decided to buy one more case of this stuff from the Royal Oak Elks show in Royal Oak, MI yesterday for $310 and I'm very glad that I did. I have only opened 4 boxes so far and haven't scanned anything properly yet but was so excited about one particular pull that I had to snap a picture with my camera phone and get it on here! It's a sketch, it's from one of the top tier artists, it's an iconic scene, and it's a 1 in 15,506 packs pull...

without further ado..."Austrian Goodbye" by Jason Palmer!

Dance

I'll have a proper scan up tonight along with all the other pulls. Thanks for the look, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Sketch!!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thats why in spite of all the lousy case breaks I am still thinking about getting a case.You just never know when your luck might be in Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post