Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Jedi vs Sith (Topps, 2015)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Jedi vs Sith (Topps, 2015)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's the list of the "Force Awakens" Promos. I've been using it to finish my sets, but I'm probably not going to get the four from Empire Illustrated. There's one set of 4 listed now for $200. That's way too rich for me.

There have been three different sets of 8 so far. The sets have the same 8 images, but each has a different finish.

SET 1 Heritage style vintage stock
Empire Strikes Back Illustrated 1-4 (Random cases held four sets of four?)
SD Comic-con Lando Comic 5-8 (one per comic)

SET 2 Chrome finish
Chrome Perspectives Jedi vs Sith 1-8 (1 per box)

SET 3 modern paper stock, matte finish
Revenge of the Sith 3D 1-4 (1 per every 4 sets? If so, 125 of each one)
Chrome Perspectives Jedi vs Sith 5-8 (thought to be 1 per case, but some had none, some had two)

NOTES:
1-4 is always this group:
BB-8 on the Move (#11)
Kylo Ren ignites his Lightsaber (#67)
Finn on the Run (#76)
Millennium Falcon (#96)

5-8 is this group:
Poe Dameron In His X-Wing (#53)
Rey on her Speeder (#74)
Stormtroopers Prepare for Battle (#81)
X-wings in formation (#88)

Kylo Ren, BB-8, and Poe Dameron are always blue bordered. The other 5 are always red bordered.

The "Heritage" version are the first "Force Awakens" cards ever issued.

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
4 boxes...

4 medallions - 3 bronze, 1 silver

2 autographs - Peter Mayhew Bouncey

1 dual autograph

Overall grade B
Pros: chrome, chase design
Cons: no R = refractor on backs. One box was short a hit. Twak Another letter to Topps...go figure!!!

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
I broke two boxes. I got unlucky as I wasn't able to make a base set from both. I got the expected number of chase. In the first box I pulled a printing plate and a bronze medallion. In the second I got a silver medallion and a redemption for the Michael Cottrell / Zack Jensen dual autograph. Has anyone redeemed one of these yet? I tried at redeem.topps.com but it said my code wasn't valid. After trying a couple of times, the site locked me out. I guess I'll have to contact Topps customer service.

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Not being able to make a base set out of a box is the biggest crime in this hobby as far as I'm concerned. With the cost of boxes being what they are, you should at the very least be able to put together a base set from each one.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened two boxes of this.

1st box:
12 Sith Fugitives - all 10 plus 2 doubles
6 Jedi Hunt - 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9
2 Jedi Training - 3 & 4
2 Sith Propaganda - 7 & 10
1 Jedi Information Guide - 5
1 The Force Awakens Chrome - 76
2 numbered parallels - 32-S numbered 33/99 & 17-J numbered 28/50
1 sketch card of Dengar
1 bronze medallion, Duel on Geonosis, Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku

2nd box:
12 Sith Fugitives - all 10 plus 2 doubles
6 Jedi Hunt - 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 10
2 Jedi Training - 6 & 8
3 Sith Propaganda - 1, 8 & 10
1 Jedi Information Guide - 6
1 The Force Awakens Chrome - 81
2 numbered parallels - 23-J numbered 109/199 & 37-S numbered 062/199
1 silver medallion, Bespin, Luke Skywalkder vs Darth Vader numbered 018/150
1 autograph, Nikka Futterman as Asajj Ventress numbered 06/25

I also have a stack of standard refractor parallels. There are a couple of cards that I only have one of from the two boxes, 3-J and 13-J, that I am not sure if they are the regular chrome or the standard refractors. I found it harder to tell the difference between the regular chrome and standard refractors on the cards with a darker background e.g. 47-S.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
I purchased 2 boxes of the Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Jedi vs Sith. I got the expected number of chase cards from each box. The first box I opened contained a medallion card and a nice sketch card by Norvien Basio. The second box contained a medallion card and an auto card by Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger. I was very disappointed with the base card collation. Out of the two boxes, I am 20 cards short of my first set, and 31 cards short on my second set. I do like the design of the autograph cards and I do like the looks of the green frame around the sketch cards, but having the frame takes away from the already small size area available on the sketch card. I think the medallion cards are a bit busy and not that impressive. I'm also not a fan of all of the parallel sets. One set of parallel cards for the base set is ok, but having multiple levels of parallels and parallels for some of the chase sets is not very exciting to me. I would give this release a grade of C-, with my biggest complaint being too many parallel sets and coming up 20 cards short of a base set after opening up two boxes.

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post