Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Jedi vs Sith (Topps, 2015)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Jedi vs Sith (Topps, 2015)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted
busted 12 boxes Thumb Up

Pulled 2 Dual Autos - Same one ...Live & redemption- what's with that?... Nina Fallon & Nalini Krishan

Regular Auto Erza Briger Auto, Regular Auto Ki-Adi-Mundi
& Shaak Ti Prism #d to 50

1 Printing Plate

6 Sketches ( NOT BAD )
4 Gold parallel #d to 50
4 X-Fractor parallel #d to 99
17 Prism parallel #d to 199

12 The Force Awakens Cards didn't get Rey on her Speeder.....

tons of other Goodies......

https://www.facebook.com/media...4151563084890&type=3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened 4 boxes. Will try and post scans later. Just going to list the bigger hits.

Box 1:
Ashley Eckstein Autograph Card
Second Death Star Silver Medallion #014/150

Box 2:
David Prowse Autograph Card
Death Star Bronze Medallion Card

Box 3
Eric Kowalick Yoda Sketch Card
Tattooine Silver Medallion #094/150

Box 4
Zach Jensen Autograph Card
Winner (ObiWan) Silver Medallion Card #026/150

Out of the 4 boxes I was able to make 2 base sets.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Brought two boxes today:

Box 1:

Lord Mesa sketch of Obi-Wan
Silver medallion 10 of 150 Qui-Gon Jinn vs Darth Maul

Box 2:

Bronze medallion Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader
Auto Peter Mayhew/Chewbacca 05 of 25

Near base set missing a few cards.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Had a chance to pop in at the card show for an hour and picked up a couple of boxes of SW Chrome (1 Jedi box, 1 Sith box) and I didn't get a single sketch, not that I'm complaining.

Silver 002/150

and the star of the show

1/1 Magenta Printing Plate Auto!

Not quite the wood 1/1 that I pulled from Masterworks, but I'll certainly take it!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Nice pull Iggy!! You do have some great Star Wars mojo. Could you send some of it my way but perhaps for next Supernatural set coming out.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So Hamill is well known to add phases and stuff to his signings. Anybody care to make a guess at what that is below his autograph?

It looked liked mountains to me at first glance, but now on the tilt I think it is a face.

Super pull. Thumb Up

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I think it's a face, too, maybe a self-portrait, but pretty cool whatever it is. I think even an old hand at signing autographs like Hamill saw the novelty in signing a printing plate. It'll be interesting to see if he did the something like that on the other three plates.

Anyway, amazing pull, congrats! Metal

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
2nd case busted.....

1 AAYLA SECURA - Amy Allen Base Auto
2 Darth Maul base Autos (Animated)
1 Mother Talzin Auto
1 AAYLA SECURA Jennifer Hale XFractor Auto # to 25
1 David Prowse / Darth Vader PRISM Auto # to 50

6 sketches.....

Rich Molinelli

Tanner Padlo

Rich Kunz

Pablo Diaz

Jason Adams

Chris Ehnot

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I think I did pretty good, however 4 of the autos have a bit of damage on the back. It's not noticeable from the front of the cards, but still frustrating.

Autos (Yaddle is a Prism Refractor #49/50, dual is #33/200)

Sketches
Brad Hudson, Tim Dowler, Jason Adams
Sol Mohamed, Mike "Locoduck" Duron

Medallions
Bronze:

Silver:

Gold:

Parallels
Standard Refractor - 2 complete sets, bunch of extras
Prism Refractor(#/199) - Jedi: 7,9,19,28,38,43,50; Sith: 12,40,41,42
X-Fractor(#/99) - Jedi: 4,9,17,18; Sith: 1,12,36,50
Gold(#/50) - Jedi: 10, 33; Sith: 16, 43, 44

Inserts
Jedi Information Guide - 1 complete set, 2 extras
Jedi Training - 2 complete sets, 4 extras
Sith Propaganda - 2 complete sets, 16 extras
Jedi Hunt - 6 complete sets, 12 extras
Sith Fugitives - 13 complete sets, 7 extras
Force Awakens Promos - 11(x3), 67(x2), 74(x2), 81, 88(x5), 96 - 2 of the #88 cards have a different finish than the others (matte instead of glossy). Is that an error? A Parallel? Nothing at all?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The Matte ones are RARE. supposed to be one per Case.... I got Zero out of 2 cases

From Topps Star Wars Facebook Page

Topps Star Wars : Did anyone find any Force Awakens cards? You should get one chrome card (we printed all 8 trailer cards) per box and one glossy paper stock card (cards 5-8) per case. And yes, these are different from the ones in Illustrated Empire Strikes Back (cards 1-4 on heritage style stock), the Lando #1 promo comic (cards 5-8 on heritage style stock), and Revenge of the Sith 3D (cards 1-4 on glossy paper stock). Surprise!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kryten67:
The Matte ones are RARE. supposed to be one per Case.... I got Zero out of 2 cases
/QUOTE]

Sorry, this stuff I just don't get. It's bad enough that promos for another set are inserted in this one as special rare cards. But now there are matted promos that just have a different card finish, which are marketed to be even rarer than the promos that don't belong in the packs in the first place. Big Grin

Does any collector really care about this? Is anyone going to pay a significant premium for a card that is truly limited, even among limited cards, but doesn't look like anything special at all?

I can not believe anyone is going to pull that card out of a pack, jump for joy and yell "It's a matted finish, it's a matted finish". Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
with you on that one.... just answering the question to the best of my abilities......

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I can not believe anyone is going to pull that card out of a pack, jump for joy and yell "It's a matted finish, it's a matted finish". Wink

Haha! I almost spit out my soup.

I don't really get it either. When I first saw them I just figured it was some kind of printing error, like they forgot to add the coating or something.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Sorry, this stuff I just don't get. It's bad enough that promos for another set are inserted in this one as special rare cards.

Why don't they belong there? Is it not the best place to promote the next sets? And they don't replace any 'hits', they are extras.

And yes, I've heard someone be excited about pulling the matte finish card. But I hang out in a sports card shop so they get excited about little things like that.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I started off my post by saying that I don't get it, but of course I do get it because like you, I too hang out in a hobby store. Big Grin

What I am saying is that I regard this as one type of gimmick employed by, in this case Topps, to make it look like you are getting an extra when there is nothing of value there. Now value is a relative term and I know darn well that there are collectors out there trying to get all of these promos and, now that they have heard about it, they are probably trying to get all of matted promos too. And then there is another group of promo collectors who are probably equally upset at the way these promos are being distributed and they don't know if they should spend the money or not. Wink

This then goes to your question about the best place for these promos to be. Yes this is a Star Wars set, but every buyer is not committed to the next set, just as everyone who wants the next set (and there will be a whole lot of people for the new fresh movie) may have passed on this one. This is an effort to keep cross pollinating the Star Wars universe, but the universe is way too big now and it has gotten repetitive. So they are making very limited cards not labeled as hits, not that attractive, not in the respective set, and collectors are supposed to chase them.

For something like a matted promo, I don't feel that it is fair. It is a limited card, it will have some sort of premium price attached for those who want it and it's nothing special. That is just my opinion as a semi-casual Star Wars fan and non-promo collector, I respect any collector who thinks the opposite. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
These are a special case as they are the first "Force Awakens" cards, and the very definition of "new" and "awesome looking" for longtime fans of the series, and especially the original 1977 Topps designs.
Even though I'm not normally that big into promos, and have let more than a few Star Wars promos go by without at all trying to get them, I do still want these ones. I'd like all three sets of 8, but I'll be happy with one of each of the 8 designs. Between the three sealed San Diego Lando comics I was able to get and my pulls from Sith 3D, I'm halfway there, with two dupes for trading. The easiest set will be the one per box version from chrome. Those are available for as low as $40 the set of 8 right now. We'll see how time treats the value of those...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I was not real thrilled with my box. First, not a complete set - missing 5 cards, but had 11 duplicates, including 2 of some cards. I only got one hit, a Chris Henderson sketch of Boba Fett, in the shape of a T. I imagine he did a series of cards that spell out Star Wars. No other hits in box.
I do like the base cards and inserts, but in today's market there's no excuse for poor collation.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I was not real thrilled with my box. First, not a complete set - missing 5 cards, but had 11 duplicates, including 2 of some cards. I only got one hit, a Chris Henderson sketch of Boba Fett, in the shape of a T. I imagine he did a series of cards that spell out Star Wars. No other hits in box.
I do like the base cards and inserts, but in today's market there's no excuse for poor collation.

The Chris Henderson sketches spells out SITH or JEDI........

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The post above says that the promos inserted in this set are different from the Lando SDCC comic

Are we talking about the format, chrome vs. the cardboard ?

Because from what I can see, 3 of the promos are the same-- # 74, 81, 88. The Lando comic also had # 53

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
The post above says that the promos inserted in this set are different from the Lando SDCC comic

Are we talking about the format, chrome vs. the cardboard ?

Because from what I can see, 3 of the promos are the same-- # 74, 81, 88. The Lando comic also had # 53

The images are the same but the finish is chrome.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post