Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
I got these...I think the green lantern sketch is Ron Wilson? Anyone know for sure?

This looks like a hornless green hellboy with a cape.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Its the martian manhunter sketch done by Tone Rodriguez. His signature is quite easily recognisable.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few boxes at the Chicagoland Expo. Great looking set overall.

Box 1:
=====
1 Base Set
1 DC Gallery: AR1
2 First Title Covers: FC1, FC7
4 Gold Parallel: 7, 17, 30, 40
0 Legendary Heroes
1 Sketch: Dan Borgonos [Robin]

Box 2:
=====
1 Base Set
1 DC Gallery: AR4
2 First Title Covers: FC5, FC8
4 Gold Parallel: 6, 22, 25, 48
1 Legendary Heroes: L4
1 Sketch: Uko Smith [Poison Ivy]

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
As a matter of interest, has anyone acquired an Archive box for this set yet? I understand there are 50 of them??

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I've seen a lot of archive sketches hitting the bay but I've never seen an actual box.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know 4 or 5 (maybe more) have sold. I don't think one has lasted more than an hour though. Most go in the first 10 minutes.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LUZNDAVE:
I don't know if you allowed to post links to other forums. If you're not i'm sorry and please remove them.

Here's about 3 or 4 archive boxes that were broke down:

I don't believe any were case pulls all were incentives (25 case buys).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I don't know if you allowed to post links to other forums. If you're not i'm sorry and please remove them.

Here's about 3 or 4 archive boxes that were broke down:

I don't believe any were case pulls all were incentives (25 case buys).

Yeah, we sort of do frown on it. It's in the FAQ not to do so. Plus that member is a member here too, right? His breakdown might be duplicated above as well -- I haven't had a chance to compare but I know he's posted in this thread.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already posted one archive box break in this thread...but heres a few more Wink

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Archive box #3

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright...here is box #4 Smile I have 2 more archive boxes as well, one of which will be cracked tonight, and the other set aside for a rainy day...as the day can be pretty darned rainy and these fun boxes will brighten it right up Smile So hopefully that satisfies some hunger to see some archive box breaks Smile

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of archive boxes you've gotten your hands on. Were they all marked archive boxes or were some un-marked?

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
unbelievable 4 archive boxes Eek

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, they were all marked archive boxes from dealers. I don't even think they put hidden ones out there this time, from what I am hearing. I will post #5 later tonight Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Darn! your piggy bank MUST be skinnier than hell. Sheep

Good Sketches!! Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
You might be right. I just remember reading a post from Robert Kohlbus, that only 41 archive boxes were made. If you've got your hands on 6 of them, that's nearly 15% of the production. Dang!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
someone call Guiness... Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I wat at my parents house for a birthday party tonight, and we decided to crack our 5th archive box...will post the scans later, but I thought I would share a fun little story.

I pre-sold about 15 cases of this stuff, and shipped a lot of them out last week, well while at the post office I had a case that was ready to go out, when I noticed one of the corners was beat to hell, so I decided I better pull it back and replace it with a good one...well tonight I brought down all the cases to my parents (as I have no self control) and we cracked that case to open the damaged boxes....well while pulling the boxes out I noticed that one of the boxes was quite obviously packed more full of cards...so of course my heart started racing and I ripped it open, and sure enough on the bottom of the inside of the box was a lovely sticker screaming out at me "ARCHIVE BOX" ....so of course I squeeled like a little girl, and so did my parents when I showed them. So I will be posting that archive box as well. Will save #7 for a rainy day....but the hidden ones DO exist!!!!! Smile

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
wow.. that is great news.. even crazier, outta 15 cases, you managed to get 7 archive boxes.. that's one every two cases.. that can't be normal.. great luck to you though.

i hope there's luck in the boxes you sent out to me.. i should be getting them tomorrow or wednesday. stupid columbus day prolonged the agony

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
wow.. that is great news.. even crazier, outta 15 cases, you managed to get 7 archive boxes.. that's one every two cases.. that can't be normal.. great luck to you though.

i hope there's luck in the boxes you sent out to me.. i should be getting them tomorrow or wednesday. stupid columbus day prolonged the agony

Actually I acquired 6 of them from dealers who got them as incentives...only one came from a case...one of a lot more than 15 cases Smile