Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Yeah I was, I am particularly jealous of the Black Canary foil card(fave character of mine.) Great pulls!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
2 boxes:

base sets + extras

8 gold parallels: 10, 12, 15, 21, 26, 28, 33, 49

First Issue Covers: 1, 3, 4, 7

Alex Ross: 3 & one with the body of superman (anybody knows the number??)

Legendary Heroes: L5

Sketches: 2 magnificent ones:
Brent Engstrom (full card of Superwoman)
Tom Nguyen (Two-face)

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
OK, problem solved.

Luckily somebody posted a pic the alex ross artwork on the first page here.
thanks

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Superman - Kyle
Hawk girl - McHaley
Dr. Mid-nite - Geff Wellborn
Aquaman - Martineck
Batman - Rodriguez
Batman + Wonder Woman - Amorin?
Atom - Perna
Batman + Poison Ivy + Batwoman - Antonio
Joker + Batgirl - Spears

Hourman - Razek
Batman + Robin - Dan Day
Hawkgirl - Auck
Cheetah - Cook
Robin - Bigley
Joker - McLeod
Poison Ivy - Gould
Green Arrow + Green Arrow - Czop
Raven - Nguyen

Firestorm - Richlen
Green Latern - Amorin
Black Canary - Renae
Firestorm - Andy Price
Green Latern - Hodges
Darkseid - Engstrom

Got a full set of the gold cards, 4 of the first covers, 2 of the lenticulars and 2 of the Alex Ross. I haven't counted up how many base sets but I'm willing to bet it's more than a couple.

Still one more case to go, hopefully it'll be as nice as these two.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DeathStorm,

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Wellborn is Dr. Mid-nite
Batman is kissing Wonder Woman
Perna is the Golden Age Atom
Batwoman is on the Antonio
Batgirl is on the Spears
Razek is Hourman

Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:

That hands down has to be the best sketch Ive seen. Or should I say most favorite.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can anyone help me identifying the artist for this "Flash" sketch card?? Thanks in advance!!

Posts: 9 | Location: Cal | Registered: October 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the scan

Posts: 9 | Location: Cal | Registered: October 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Hope this work.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
The Wellborn is Dr. Mid-nite
Batman is kissing Wonder Woman
Perna is the Golden Age Atom
Batwoman is on the Antonio
Batgirl is on the Spears
Razek is Hourman

Smile

Val

Thanks for the corrections, I was least sure about the Batman/Green Latern Amorins as they've been drawn quite differently from one another.

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Unreal:

Hope this work.

Flash by Eddie Wagner

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Robert

Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
Here's the sketch cards from my case

Robert, could you please tell me who the artist is for the first Batman card?

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Is it my imagination or does there seem to be a LOT of Poison Ivy sketches? With a chance to draw some top notch DC villians, why the fascination with a B-level villian? And why that particular one? I guess Uma Thurman's performance affected more people than I thought!

I think there's a few contributing factors going on here, first off there's only so many characters the artists were instructed to work on and Batman is probably the most visible property DC has had for a while.

Adding to this sexy females appear to be by far the most popular sketches going and how many villaness characters are there available, Cheetah, Poison Ivy and who? None of this explains why there isn't an influx of Batgirl/Batwoman of course but we haven't actually seen a big percentage of the total number of sketches yet.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Going by the characters in the base set- only three villainesses: Catwoman, Cheetah, and Poison Ivy.

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
finally the results of my 1 box purchase

Gold Parallel (1:6 packs)
12, 15, 23, 35

First Title Covers (1:12 packs)
FC2 Batman No. 1
FC5 Shazam No. 1

DC Gallery (Alex Ross Artwork; 1:24 packs)
AR8 Superman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter

Legendary Heroes Lenticular Cards (1:48 packs)
L5 Green Lantern

Sketch Cards (1:24 packs)
Otis T. Frampton IV (100) "Mr Freeze"

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by steshell:
Here's the sketch cards from my case

QUOTE]

Wow...that 2nd batman, the tone Recreation of the Frank Miller "dark knight" cover...thats just so good that sick. thats one of the best sketchs ive seen. im amazed no one else did an homage to one of the most famous comic covers off all time like that. great score!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I have loaded all the Heroines I drew for this set on my site. Feel free to check out some of those if you like. I have also noticed a lack of women sketches on ebay myself.

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Box 00050 opened.

Full base set
Gold Parallel cards: 3 (17, 40, 46)
First Cover cards: 2 (FC6, FC9)
Alex Ross card: 1 (centre card)
Sketch:

Any help identifying the character or the artist please?

Some of my base set cards only had half the glossy coating, which was odd. Especially since the duplicates of those cards had the same problem.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:
Box 00050 opened.

Full base set
Gold Parallel cards: 3 (17, 40, 46)
First Cover cards: 2 (FC6, FC9)
Alex Ross card: 1 (centre card)
Sketch:

Any help identifying the character or the artist please?

Some of my base set cards only had half the glossy coating, which was odd. Especially since the duplicates of those cards had the same problem.

Shazam (now the Wizard Shazam) by Matthew Goodmanson.

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post