Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations AJJ Thumb Up

My box didn't arrive today so it looks I'll have to wait to next week unless a resolution is reached earlier on these post strikes!

Typically this set was released on time, but I'll still have to wait at least an extra week for it! Roll Eyes

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks justm,sorry to hear about your box not turning up.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
One of my three boxes has arrived from the USA.

Box 8668 contained the following

Uko Smith sketch of Martian Manhunter
4 gold 12,15,23,35
Alex Ross artwork AR2
First Title covers FC1, FC2
Legendary Heroes L1
Base Set One full set

This is a cracking set. Probably the best base set ever.

It doesn't really matter what sketch you get as this set is awesome!

Looking forward to the next boxes arriving. Will have to wait at least one week. We have yet another postal strike.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I finally finished cracking my first RA case and let me say a much better experience that cracking the Topps SW 30th case.
Loved the base set but did anyone else note that for #35 the Zatana classic figure was in black instead of silver like the rest of the base set? I did notice that she separated the heroes and villains so maybe that was why; but anyway the separation helped me since there were some characters I wouldn’t have known were good or bad. I was disappointed Artemis did not get a base card since I like the character and especially her artwork by Benes (for her mini-series). I enjoyed the Alex Ross cards since his art is just cool to look at and the lenticular cards were impressive as well. The first covers set were a good nod to comic history.
Anyway here's my breakdown.
Box 6190 - base set; gold: 36, 3, 18, 8; FC: 1, 3; AR1; L2; sketch Hawkgirl by Sobol

Box 3187 - base set; gold: 23, 43, 12, 35; FC: 3, 8; AR7; L3; sketch: Black Adam by Hillsman

Box 192 – base set; gold: 7, 45,30,40; FC: 4,6; AR2; L5; sketch Mr. Freeze by Tyler Richlen

Box 4190 – base set; gold: 47, 38, 44, 31; FC: 4, 7; AR:3; sketch Raven by Ted Rechlin

Box 9809 – base set; gold: 2, 46, 1, 17; FC 1, 7; AR9; sketch Poison Ivy by Renae DeLiz 

Box 2188 – base set; gold: 9, 32, 27, 14; FC: 2, 9; Ar6; sketch Hawkman by Andy Price

Box 7186 – base set; gold: 41, 13, 16, 24; FC 8, 5; AR8; sketch Raven in white by Tony Perna

Box 5193 – base set; gold: 26, 15, 49, 10; FC: 5, 2; AR4; sketch Martian Manhunter by ???

Box 8188 – base set; gold: 11, 39, 50, 29; FC: 2, 9; AR6; L6; sketch Mr. Plastic by Jeff Welborn

Box 1192 – base set; gold: 33, 21, 5, 28; FC: 9, 6; AR5; L4; sketch Hourman by Dan Day

Box 7185 – base set; gold: 48, 22, 6, 34; FC: 3, 1; AR1; sketch Martian Manhunter by ??

Box 8187 – base set; gold: 4, 25, 20, 37; FC: 8, 5; AR8; L1; sketch Darkseid by RAM

Summary: more than 12 base sets, 2 set of FC plus 6 singles, 1 set Alex Ross plus 3 singles, 1 set Legendary Heroes, 48 gold cards (no doubles and short 19, 42 to complete the base set) and 12 nice sketch cards; but how ironic to get two Martian Manhunter sketches with no artist signature. I was of course disappointed not to get a Catwoman, Wonder Woman or Batman sketch but my pulled sketches are lovely and the Poison Ivy sketch was exactly the type of sketch card I hoped to get. Plus I really like the Hawkman by Price.
Lmk if I misidentified any characters or artists. I figure I was lucky to get no doubles on the lenticular (scan below) and the Poison Ivy was my favourite sketch card pull!

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's what I pulled from 1 case and 2 extra boxes. I was hoping for Batman and Joker sketches... No luck on Bats but did pull a few Jokers... And plenty of DC's finest ladies too!

Posts: 4 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool! I was wondering where that Joker/Original Batgirl ended up. I did more Joker and Batman cards than anything else.

Posts: 7 | Location: Alabama | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great work, Mark! That one is probably my favorite of the bunch... I have to say, I'm really impressed with the overall quality of your sketches considering you did 600!

Posts: 4 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Aargh - just got off the phone with my supplier and I won't be getting my boxes delivered for at least another TWO WEEKS!

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QBall:
Aargh - just got off the phone with my supplier and I won't be getting my boxes delivered for at least another TWO WEEKS!

Well look on the bright side, you can do as I do and enjoy the lovely british weather while you wait...

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Can anyone say they dont understand why this product sold at at RA?

The base cards look like inserts on their own. This is easily one of the best sets this year. Id say its between this set and Heroes for set of the year. Lets see how Topps does.

My box-
Gold-
31-Superman
38-Captain Cold
44-Mr Freeze
47-The Riddler

First Title Covers-
FC1-Superman
FC7-Aquaman

DC Gallery-
AR7

Andy Price Doctor Fate-

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HIM,

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Zenn,

Thanks! I actually did 702 cards total counting the incentive cards, which they are 4 times the size of the little ones. I can't wait to work on another set like this, so many things I learned from this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Zenn-Lavian:
Great work, Mark! That one is probably my favorite of the bunch... I have to say, I'm really impressed with the overall quality of your sketches considering you did 600!

Posts: 7 | Location: Alabama | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Picked up 1 sealed box and 10 loose packs at my local store. No sketch from the loose packs but I did get a lenticular (L5) and Alex Ross insert (AR7).
My sealed box did have a sketch, it's ok I guess... Luv You Drool Smokin'

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An Andy Price Batwoman....you make me sick! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Picked up 1 sealed box and 10 loose packs at my local store. No sketch from the loose packs but I did get a lenticular (L5) and Alex Ross insert (AR7).
My sealed box did have a sketch, it's ok I guess... Luv You Drool Smokin'

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Second Box- 4932 of 10,000-

One Base set
Thirteen cards short of a second base set(but will check my other cards...Smile)

Gold Parallels: Captain Marvel, Jr., Dr. Fate, Green Arrow, Shazam!

FC2: Batman, FC5: Shazam!

AR5

L1: Superman

Sketch card: Superman by Dan Borgonos- nice sketch- gotta buy a digital camera soon so I can show my five sketches off. Smile(Also means I have 44 characters to go....42 after I get what I won from eBay.)

Smile

Val(SKETCHES!!!)

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zenn-Lavian:
Here's what I pulled from 1 case and 2 extra boxes. I was hoping for Batman and Joker sketches... No luck on Bats but did pull a few Jokers... And plenty of DC's finest ladies too!

I've got tons of Batman and Joker sketches...I really love the Andy Price sketch!!! Wink

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KISS_FAN_24
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if RA are going to be putting up scans for this set like they did for complete avengers?

PLEASE HELP ME FINISH MY MARVEL MASTERPIECES 1995 AND 1996 SETS!!

Posts: 73 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: August 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Tried my luck with one box. Didn't get the sketch characters I wanted (Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Batgirl), but the one I got is pretty nice.

Gold: Captain Marvel Jr., Speedy, Penguin, Martian Manhunter

Covers: The Flash and Aquaman

Lenticular: Shazam

Alex Ross card

Sketch: Martian Manhunter by Mark Dos Santos (no scan right now)

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I got these...I think the green lantern sketch is Ron Wilson? Anyone know for sure?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
I got these...I think the green lantern sketch is Ron Wilson? Anyone know for sure?

Yup, that's Ron Wilson. My only Ron Wilson was also Green Lantern. Smile

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my (probably) last two boxes today!

Box #2595
Gold Parallel: 19,29, 42,50
FC 6,9
AR6 (AGAIN Frown)
Darren Auck Hawkman/Superman fight sketch

Box #8493
Gold Parallel: 3,8,18,36
FC 4,7
AR2
Tom Nguyen Supergirl sketch

Overall, I am a little sad to get so many duplicate First Covers and Alex Ross cards from my boxes, and still no lenticular cards from 5 boxes. However, the sketches are pretty awesome, so overall I would say that I am about even on this set...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post