Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Legacy (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

posted
Opened box number 8942 out of 10,000.

1 base set of 50 cards plus extras
parallel cards 11,16,24 and 39
First Covers FC2, FC5
Alex Ross subset AR9

And a really super sketch of Superman. Have no idea who the artist is by the scribbled signature. Is there a reference anywhere for the 50 artists? Did Rittenhouse post samples of all artists somewhere?

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
You did well - according to RA these aren't released until 26th Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Scan! Clap Scan! Clap Scan! Clap

--Tim Big Grin

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
Scan! Clap Scan! Clap Scan! Clap

--Tim Big Grin

Let's see Metal

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
The cards are very nice. The promo card did them justice. RA did a very nice job putting this set together. All of the inserts, while nothing new, some havent been seen in a while & are nice.
I opened box 2673 first.
The wrappers are worth 2 pts each.
I got 1 complete set & another partial.
4 gold parallel cards
2 first title cover cards
1 alex ross gallery card
1 lenticular hero card
1 sketchafex card. Lex Luthor by Hodges.

Box 2: # 5683
Same break down as the first. Worked out that all inserts were different from box #1.
Sketch card Superman by Hodges.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ghostrider666,

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see that RA is taking care of us with double point value since there are only 24 packs per box. I will have another 2,256 points by time I am done cracking!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
I am glad to see that RA is taking care of us with double point value since there are only 24 packs per box. I will have another 2,256 points by time I am done cracking!

Same number I should have. Big Grin I wonder if RA is going to add anything DC related to be redeemed for the points. Maybe a few of those leftover archive only sketches. Smokin'

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
This is true, since we are ordering everything the same...4 DC, 2 Heroes and a partrige...oops!..1 case of Marvel Masterpieces. Now if you have ordered 1 case of The Dark is Rising, you are REALLY going to creep me out.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
I still havent sent mine off, i have stargate, star trek, tons Frown Though some might not be allowed since i cut the token bits off the James bond ones.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I have started an artist signature identification chart here. I will add signatures as people send me suitable scans, or Rittenhouse adds sketch scans to their site, or when my cases eventually wing their way to Australia.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
1 box -

I love it, but am hoping for Batman villain, "the scarecrow"

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Really nice sketch make-mine-marvel and thank you tangent - artist signature identifications are invaluable.

Only ordered 1 box myself & a binder - it'll be a week or so before arrives. Until then I'll enjoy everyone elses sketches.

Keep posting those scans & help build my anticipation. Wink

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
1 box -

I don't remember the list of characters the artists were able to draw, but I believe Scarecrow was not on it.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
1 box -

I don't remember the list of characters the artists were able to draw, but I believe Scarecrow was not on it.

Strangely enough - some snuck in - & he's my fave character !

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
My dealer outdid himself. Part of the order arrived in Australia today Dance I will do the breakdown by case as I open.

Case 1:
Rittenhouse have done an excellent job of collation.
- base sets (not counted)
- 48 different gold foil
- 2 sets of 9 covers plus 6 spares
- 1 set Alex Ross of 9 plus 3 spares
- 6 different legacy lenticular

By the way, there is a parallel checklist card. The way to tell the difference is that the DC logo on the font of the card is gold. The only problem I had was that several of the gold foil cards have an apparent flaw. It looks like the roll of gold ran out during the card, so the top and bottom are different shades.

My favourite chase cards are the Alex Ross set. It's not obvious from the checklist but the backs make up a puzzle picture (which is why the middle card is not numbered) and the fronts are head shots of the 'big 3' plus 2 panel puzzles of character groups. Since nobody has discussed these, I thought I would include a scan so people can see the effect.

Alex Ross reverse:

Alex Ross front:

On to the sketches:
- Dillon Poison Ivy
- Smith Riddler
- unsigned Starfire (apparently by Small, thanks)
- Spears Aquaman
- Goodmanson Captain Cold
- Hillsman Dr Fate
- Dos Santos Darkseid
- Borgonos Martian Manhunter
- Molinelli Clark Kent
- Rechlin Poison Ivy
- Martineck Starfire (signed on back)
- Bukauskas Dr Fate

I am very happy with the case. My favourite sketches are the Hillsman Dr Fate and the Captain Cold, but there's many in my keeper list. A great variety of artists and characters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MarleyEds
posted Hide Post
Here's my sketch haul from 4 cases:

Posts: 118 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
Smile

Some great sketches turning up.
Thanks for posting!

Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of itsme
posted Hide Post
Big Grin agree there are some awesome sketches making there way into everyones hands.. but how long do they stat there Roll Eyes

Posts: 19 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
i love the playing card type joker and the dos santos penguin sketch Big Grin

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
I like the sketches they have full color,and detail!

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post