Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Igor (Upper Deck)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Igor (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I planned on opening 1 box but had to open a second to make one 70 card base set. Neither box (24 packs, 5 cards per pack) contained a complete base set.
I checked Upper Deck's site and still can't figure out how many chase cards there are. Out of the 2 boxes I pulled 9 sketch/storyboard cards. Whether that is a set or not I don't know. I also pulled 11 Die Cut character cards. Again, I am not sure if this is a set.

Odds of getting any chase card (autograph or otherwise) are not indicated on the packs or website (www.ude.com/igor).

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Email sent

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that collation stinks!

Did you get any decent autographs?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My collation may have been worse than Laura's. Two boxes left me four cards short of a *single* base set and 1 short of a semi-chase set. Each box has 24 packs of 4 base cards plus 1 die-cut card. You would expect an average of 1.37 base sets of 70 cards per box, if collation were better, and 1.20 sets of 20 die-cuts per box. Die-cuts are almost as common as the base cards, and mini-master sets with these "chase cards" should be offered frequently.

With the withdrawal of Jay Leno from signing for the set, there are only two sticker-autographs possible: John Cusack and Jennifer Coolidge. These appear to be rare; the first I saw on eBay was listed with a BIN of $999.

I have complained about Upper Deck boxes where there were just slightly too few cards in a box to promise a full base set, but it appears that having a handful of extra cards doesn't help. This constitution doesn't qualify for the title of a "Hobby" release.

BOX 1

Base cards (70): no set, 17 short of 1st, 22 twos, 6 threes, 3 fours
Die-cut Characters (C1-C11): 1 complete set, 1 two, 2 threes
Die-cut Storyboard Art (S1-S9): 0 complete sets, 4 singles, 2 doubles
Autographs (2): none

BOX 2

Base cards (70): no set, 18 short of 1st, 18 twos, 10 threes, 2 fours
Die-cut Characters (C1-C11): 0 complete sets, 2 singles, 5 doubles, 1 three
Die-cut Storyboard Art (S1-S9): 0 complete sets, 7 singles, 1 double
Autographs (2): none

TWO-BOX COMBINATION

Base cards (70): 0 cards(4) 1(15) 2(13) 3(16) 4(10) 5(9) 6(3)
Die-cuts ...(20): 0 cards(1) 1(3) 2(4) 3(11) 4(1)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought 2 boxes (a rarity for me) Did not even get a base set between the two boxes-NO AUTOGRAPH. Here is what I need

IGOR---NEED C9, C12-if made, S9
COMMONS-31,40

SO GOT 10 OUT OF 11 FROM THE C SERIES (UNLESS THERE ARE MORE THEN 11 OF THEM )8 OUT OF 9 FROM THE S SERIES AND 2 CARDS SHORT OF A BASE SET. Anyone else think there were actual sketch cards in this set? They made it sound like it was some special bonus on their web site. I think that's very misleading.

Is there a retail and hobby edition? As far as I can tell it is one and the same right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
The autos must be incredibly tough pulls, there are 0 on ebay right now and only 1 in completed auctions, a John Cusack that was listed at $999.99 that didn't sell.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The gravity feed boxes at Target said "Look for John Cusack autograph!" so maybe there was only the one ...

I actually found some at WalMart. I got a bonus box hoping that the rotten collation would be offset, and maybe I could come closer to finishing my first base set after 2 hobby boxes and a handful of Target packs. But no luck. And no auto.

Igor Bonus Box:

6 packs of 4 regular cards + 1 die-cut card
Regular set (70): 24 different
Die-cuts (20, 1 per pack): 5 different, 1 dupe

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Anyone else think there were actual sketch cards in this set? They made it sound like it was some special bonus on their web site. I think that's very misleading.

Agreed. It *did* seem that there would be special sketches when you looked at the promotional page. But,

"Packs may contain serial concept sketch edition cards"

meant only the S1-S9 portion of the 20 one-per-pack die-cuts, which were three "serial" sets of three. It would have been just as accurate to have said,

"Packs may contain serial movie story cards," another one of the common subsets.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Tried calling Upper Deck but was told they do not answer calls about their entertainment products. Their excuse is too many kids calling about game cards for their staff to handle. I was told to write them about their collation problem with this product. OVER A WEEK LATER AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEIR REPLY. Share the love for UD and their customer service.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I opened a couple of boxes and, unfortunately, encountered the same collation problems that others have had. Out of the two boxes I was only able to make one complete base set (with as many as seven of some numbers), one complete storyboard set, and was one short of a character card set (missing C9). Shockingly, there was no auto in either box.

On that subject, has anyone ever seen the Jennifer Coolidge autograph from this set? I've only ever seen the John Cusack.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen a Coolidge auto. I did see an advertisement for this set where only John Cusack's auto was mentioned, but I don't recall what site it was.
Any idea on the odds for an auto?
Packs and boxes seem to be pretty cheap... I might pick up a few.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the auto odds on this set were crazy.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Any idea on the odds for an auto?

Upper Deck never stated the odds, but I would imagine they are pretty long. There are two Cusack autos for sale on eBay right now, the cheaper of which with a Buy It Now price of $349.95 (or best offer). No way I'm paying anywhere close to that!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Not a box breakdown per se, but I found some plastic holders with 3 packs of Igor in each one for $1.49 at the FYE (which is a CD and DVD/BluRay store, mostly, with some related merchandise including cards, t-shirts, even some action figures).

There 7 of them, so 21 packs of all. The cards were half price this week, so I got them for around $6. Much to my surprise, one of the last packs I opened held the seemingly rare John Cusack autograph.

Pretty cool! I absolutely love some of Cusack's movies, most of all "Better Off Dead", "The Sure Thing", and "Being John Malkovich". I've never seen "Igor", but I might check it out now.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post