Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Alias 2 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alias 2 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
1 auto - David Anders (Sark)
1 Costume card - PW9 (Shirt worn by Vaughn) - this has a couple of letters on it (either "Sm" or "Sn")
Box topper BL2
2 puzzle cards - U1, U9
2 Seeking Sydney cards - SS3, SS4

I'm assuming a base set - haven't had a chance to check.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of phoenix
posted Hide Post
Here is my case breakdown.

Box 1:
Box Loader: BL3
Undercover: U6,U7
Seeking Sydney: SS5
Auto: A19 David Anders - Julian Sark
Pieceworks: PW5 Lena Olin jacket

Box 2:
Box Loader: BL2
Undercover: U5,U6
Seeking Sydney: SS4
Auto: AR1 redemption Rutger Hauer -Anthony Geiger Big Grin
Pieceworks: PW7 Lena Olin Top

Box 3:
Undercover: U2,U3
Seeking Sydney: SS2
Auto: A17 Richard Lewis - Mitchell Yeager
Pieceworks: PW10 Michael Vartan Pants

Box 4:
Box Loader: BL1
Undercover: U4,U5
Seeking Sydney: SS4,SS5
Auto: A18 Terry O'Quinn - Asst Director Kendall
Pieceworks: PW4 Jennifer Garner Geisha outfit

Box 5:
Undercover: U4,U3
Seeking Sydney: SS3
Auto: A8 Jennifer Garner - Sydney Bristow Dance Bouncey Dance Bouncey
Pieceworks: PW8 Victor Garber jacket

Box 6:
Undercover: U1,U9
Seeking Sydney: SS6
Auto: A9 Michael Vartan - Michael Vaughn
Pieceworks: Pw9 Michael Vartan shirt

Box 7:
Undercover: U8,U9
Seeking Sydney: SS6
Auto: A15 Patricia Wettig - Dr Judy Barrett
Pieceworks: PW9 Michael Vartan shirt

Box 8:
Undercover: U5,U6
Auto: A18 Terry O'Quinn - Asst Director Kendall
Pieceworks: Pw4 Jennifer Garner Geisha

Box 9:
Undercover: U7,U8,U9
Auto: A9 Michael Vartan - Michael Vaughn
Pieceworks: PW6 Lena Olin pants

Box 10:
Undercover: U7
Seeking Sydney: SS5,SS6
Auto: Amy Irving - Emily Sloane
Pieceworks: PW8 Victor Garber jacket

Box 11:
Undercover: U1,U9
Seeking Sydney: SS1
Auto: A12 Ron Rifkin - Arvin Sloane
Pieceworks: PW6 Lena Olin pants

Box 12:
Undercover: U1,U2
Seeking Sydney: SS1,SS2
Auto: A13 Greg Grunberg - Eric Weiss
Pieceworks: Pw4 Jennifer Garner Geisha

Posts: 109 | Location: UK | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of phoenix
posted Hide Post
Pleased with the overall breakdown of the case, especially the Jennifer Garner auto as i am missing the season 1 version, and the season 2 was rumoured approx 1 in 2-3 cases. This was confirmed by Allan Caplan at Memorabilia. The other 11 are approx 1 per case. My case was missing the Kevin Weisman and Carl Lumbly cards, but had 2 each of the Michael Vartan and Terry O'Quinn cards.

Dissappointed that of the 10 pieceworks i am missing 3, PW1 Jennifer Garners cowboy hat, PW2 Jennifer Garners cowboy pants, PW3 Jennifer Garners cowboy pants.
I received 3 PW4 Geisha outfit cards (which look stunning with their gold and red embroidery on pink). 2 each of PW6, 8, and 9.

Each box contained 2 complete sets. Each stack of 12 packs in each box contained either the auto or pieceworks card, not both.
The case had:
4 box topper sets
2 Undercover 9 card (1/11)sets + 6 extra
1 Seeking Sydney 6 card (1/17) set. missing SS3 for a second set + 4 extra.

Overall a very attractive set.

Posts: 109 | Location: UK | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Phoenix, did you happen to get the all gold variation of the geisha dress? Or are all of them the pink variation?

Jessica

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of phoenix
posted Hide Post
Jessica - Unfortunately all three were the pink variation. Two featured gold and red embroidery, the other just gold.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Well, I am getting 2 cases (hopefully soon, once I get my money thing sorted out - like where is it coming from LOL) So maybe we can do some trading for the ones that you don't have as I am sure that I might not get all of the ones that I need (and I might keep the second case sealed, but then again I can't keep anything sealed for more than 5 seconds!)

Jessica

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of LF2
posted Hide Post
So when did you Brits get your cards? Nice to have it delayed a few days here. Release date is Fri Dec. 5th.

Phoenix, PW1-3 were case incentives. if you bought 3 cases you got one of each, then for every case you got one of the three at random.

my 2 cents

Posts: 9 | Location: Milpitas, CA | Registered: May 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LF2:
Phoenix, PW1-3 were case incentives. if you bought 3 cases you got one of each, then for every case you got one of the three at random.

wHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION?

If I could live off of cheeseburgers, pizza, and mountain dew-I would.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alan had these cards at the Cardtalk meeting at the NEC for Darren from Cards Inc but he kindly passed them round first for us to drool over Drool.

They were absolutely stunning,incredibly thick and had little pieces of jewellery decoration on the material.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know whether there are any redemption cards for the Pieceworks like there were for the first Alias set PW2 and PW3?

I was hoping when I saw the costumes that there would be an opportunity,however remote,to pull a bit of the cowboy costume with the fancy stitching or jewellery in a simialar way to the beaded hat of Season one.

Looking at other posts it seems that these have been set aside for multi case incentives and only the plain materials inserted into the PW1,PW2,and PW3 cards in boxes.

I should have asked Uncle Allan at the NEC but I was too interested in the actual cards Roll Eyes.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
My apologies for not getting photos of the PW1-PW3 Jewelry variants, at Dee's Secaucus Show, to post. Allan Caplan had brought them out from behind the table to show to me (they were not on general display, for obvious reasons). However, I had forgotten to get photos of them. Sorry folks.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
These cards were indeed *very* nice. As was the whole set when I flipped through Allan's master set. In fact, I think this set might just tempt me to branch out of Buffy...

-----
"In this life there are nothing but possibilities..."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
Wait, I'm confused...so the PW1 - PW3 variants were the added case incentives, right? And there is still a possibility for one to pull one from a box. Confused

All these case/multi-case incentives are spinning my head around.

_____
Everything that has a beginning has a beginning.

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Having looked at the now large number of auctions on Ebay it appears that the PW1 Cowboy Hat is a redemption card suggesting it is too thick to put in the packs and also very rare like the beaded hat from season one.

It looks like all the other pieceworks were thin enough to go directly into packs and will be fairly easy to find.

Autograph wise the Jennifer Garner is obviously rare but I have yet to see a Rutger Hauer A16 so this may be a rare one too although it might be because it is the only redemption card amongst the auto's.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
ALIAS: Season 2

24 packs/box
8 cards/pack

3 Box Loader Cards (One per box)
12 Autograph Cards (One per box)
10 PieceWorks Cards (One per box)
9 "Undercover" Puzzle Cards - 1:11 packs (2-3 per box)
6 "Seeking Sydney" Cards - 1:17 packs (1-2 per box)

BOX 1
_____

2 Basic sets of 81 cards
24 extras
1 Box Loader Card - [BL1 - Jack Bristow]
1 Autograph Card [FOIL Redemption card (AR1) for) - [Rutger Hauer (Anthony Geiger)]
1 PieceWorks Card - [PW4 Geisha (purple/pink w/red rose/gold stem embroidery) outfit (worn by Jennifer Garner)]
2 "Undercover" Puzzle Cards - [U8, U9]
1 "Seeking Sydney" Cards - [SS6]

BOX 2
_____

1 Basic set of 81 cards
2nd Basic set missing 2 cards (#'s 15, 19)
25 Extras
1 Box Loader Card - [BL1 - Jack Bristow]
1 Autograph Card - [A12 Ron Rifkin (Arvin Sloane)]
1 PieceWorks Card - [PW7 Top (worn by Lena Olin)]
2 "Undercover" Puzzle Cards - (U5, U6)
2 "Seeking Sydney" Cards - (SS4, SS5)

It's funny how, from recent Inkworks sets that contain only 1 redemption card (the others being directly inserted into packs) that I seeem to be picking boxes that contain those cards.

Tomb Raider: Circle of Life - [Silver wetsuit PieceWorks; Til Schweiger Autograph]
(Both in the same box, no less, LOL)
Angel: Season 4 [Eliza Dushku (Faith) Autograph]
Alias: Season 2 - [Rutger Hauer (Anthony Geiger)]

At least the AR1 for the "Alias: Season Two" card is a nice foil card.

The silver mirrorboard card stock used for this set is nice as it makes the color images in the foreground really stand out vibrantly. The orange foil used for the (previous) "Alias: Season One" set kinda casued the images to be muted. Hopefully this set doesn't curl as much as the last set did (over time), due to the foil/cardboard stock combo.

5 basic cards (from box 2) had multiple mini indentation marks (like dozens of sharp points impacted the surface). Those will be included for replacement exchange when the redemption card gets sent in.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
For your viewing pleasure.....

PW4 Geisha outfit worn by Jennifer Garner
[ Purple/pink with (red rose/gold stem) embroidery ]

[ NOTE: If you notice that the image loads and appears, just to disappear a second later, it may be the host site. I'm looking into it and if it's still doing that this weekend, it'll be re-located. ]

[This message was edited by MiniMe on December 05, 2003 at 02:20 AM.]

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Autograph wise the Jennifer Garner is obviously rare but I have yet to see a Rutger Hauer A16 so this may be a rare one too although it might be because it is the only redemption card amongst the auto's.

Well, I've not seen what Hauer is selling for in the US but I picked up a couple of the Redemption cards via Ebay UK for what I consider to be a ridiculously cheap price (less than $30 apiece) As I don't believe he's signed a card before... though I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong...

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Other than the Garner and Vartan auto's and PW1 everything seems to be going for a lot less than I thought it would.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Perfect Tommy:
Wait, I'm confused...so the PW1 - PW3 variants were the added case incentives, right? And there is still a possibility for one to pull one from a box. Confused
[QUOTE]

The PW1 - PW3 card that are in the boxes arnt the variant case insentive card's. The case insentive cards are on much thicker stock.

Dave

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay here are my two boxes:-

Box 1
Box Loader - 3
Under Cover - 1,2
Seeking Sydney - 1
Auto - A11 Marshall Big Grin
Pieceworks - PW10

Box 2
Box Loader - 1
Under Cover - 8,9
Seeking Sydney - 5,6
Auto - A9 - Vaughn Big Grin
Pieceworks - PW7

Quite pleased, as I managed not to get any duplicates in my chase cards. Also I found I was more happy to have the Marshall auto than the Vaughn one Confused Big Grin.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post