Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy Season 7 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Season 7 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:
Which one? My original or my spare?

Right, that's it...

Twak Twak Twak

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
Right, that's it...

Twak Twak Twak

You love me, really.

-----
"In this life there are nothing but possibilities..."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened 10 boxes and also had 2 boxes without auto's; 1 box had 1 costume, 1 FBP and no Auto; 1 box had no Auto and no FBP. So, total tally was 8 different autos ( Nicki, Glory, Quentin, kennedy, Rona, Chau, Chloe,Caleb), 10 PW's (missing #3 for set) and 9 FBP's (missing #3 for set). I got the 'main' character auto's I wanted, and I should be able to locate the rest in next few days.
Will probably let Inkworks know about boxes with no FBP/auto when sending in redemption, but who knows what they'll do. The last time I opened a full case of Angel I was very short on Autos (like 2 in case or something like that) and they did send me 3; it was 2 Xander doubles and a Baily, but at least the commitment was there.
All in all a really nice set so far, I'll be sorting and looking it over in more detail tonight.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Incarnadine said

5 promo cards (came inside case in an envelope)
Smallville SM2-1, Angel A4-1, Buffy B7-1 (X2), B7-SD2003

Those weren't from Inkworks; those were from your much beloved dealer!

T. Big Grin

"...you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
I received my first box of Buffy 7 today along with the binder I ordered and the Joss Whedon case loader that I bought. Very nice card, still wrapped in the red tape!

This box was scarey to open. After about 5 packs or so I pulled the costume card, which was cool. But, I opened 17 packs before seeing a foil insert. I opened 5 more packs to find another. Then after 7 more packs another. So by now, I have opened 30 packs and only pulled the costume card and three foils. I was getting very worried that I had a dud box. Next pack, foil. Next pack, foil. Next pack, autograph!! Then 2 packs later, last foil. That seemed to be a very unusual distribution for an Inkworks product. Did anyone else go through such long dry spells, 17 packs, without pulling an insert?

Here's my breakdown:

Box #1

Box Loader: BL-2
Slayers Legacy: SL-1, SL-6
Final Battle: fB-4, fB-5, fB-6
Final Battle parallel: fBP-1
Pieceworks: PW-5 (Cassie's t-shirt (plain)) Smile
Autograph: A44 Iyari Limon (Kennedy!) Bouncey

I'm very happy with this box. Great costume and auto! Big Grin I've got three more boxes on order, so I'll post those when they arrive. I can't afford a case, though I'd love to have one right now!

Rich

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tamara:
quote:
Incarnadine said

5 promo cards (came inside case in an envelope)
Smallville SM2-1, Angel A4-1, Buffy B7-1 (X2), B7-SD2003

Those weren't from Inkworks; those were from your much beloved dealer!

T. Big Grin

Ah, much appreciated. I just opened the envelope and pulled out the cards without reading what was in there. I guess I was just in a real hurry to start cracking boxes. Big Grin

"...you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich:
. Did anyone else go through such long dry spells, 17 packs, without pulling an insert?

I went through long runs without any inserts and bunches where they ran together. I actually made a list of exactly where I pulled each insert as I opened each box. If there's any interest I can post those stats. I can say there's no obvious pattern (kudos to Inkworks for randomizing things), though I did notice one or two oddities.

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
This is a beautiful set for sure.

I believe the Slayers-in-training autos are highly collectible.

Desite my original intention (as I've heretofore resisted going after Buffy autos--too many, too much moola), I think I'm keeping a Final Farewell card for my collection. It's just too cool.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Has anyone pulled a Kennedy T-shirt pieceworks? I can't find one on eBay, but all the other pieceworks are up. I want to look before deciding whether I want to pick these up.

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
It would help if I refreshed the listing. I was looking through the 18-page listing that I produced before leaving work yesterday. Run the serach again and I've found one.

It's Friday... I'm allowed to be dense.

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

posted Hide Post
Summary of Case 1 Breakdown:

4 complete Box Loader Sets (Warriors Reunite)

1 complete set of Final Battle Parallel Puzzle + FBP-5, FBP-6, and FBP-7

4 complete Slayer's Legacy sets + SL-2

3 complete sets of Final Battle puzzle + FB-1 (x2), FB-2 (x2), FB-3, FB-4, FB-5, FB-6, FB-7, & FB-8

1 complete set of PieceWorks cards + PW-1 (2x Andrew's Toga), PW-6 (Olaf's Tunic), PW-8 (Rachel's pants)

11 different autographs -- missing A44 (Kennedy/Iyari Limon), A45 (Rona/Indigo), and A53 (Caleb/Nathan Fillion)

Box Breakdown (as I wrote it down by flashlight -- power came back after 144 hours; there are still thousands of people out as of early this morning in the Washington, DC area; so, I consider myself fortunate -- I do notice discrepancies between the FB pieces that I wrote down and the ones that I have; so, I must not have written some down -- the breakdown above is what I got for the whole case):

Box 1
BL-1
FBP-5
FB-2, FB-4
SL-2, SL-3
PW-1 (Andrew's Toga)
A-52 (Turok Han/Camden Toy)

Box 2
BL-3
FBP-6
FB-3, FB-4, FB-6
SL-4, SL-5
PW-6 (Olaf's Tunic)
A-40 (Robin Wood/D. B. Woodside)

Box 3
BL-2
FBP-7
FB-7, FB-8, FB-9
SL-1, SL-6
PW-8 (Rachel's Pants)
A-50 (Chloe/Lalaine)

Box 4
BL-1
FBP-8
FB-1, FB-2, FB-3
SL-2, SL-3
PW-3 (Kennedy's T-shirt)
A-46 (Amanda/Sarah Hagan)

Box 5
BL-3
FBP-9
FB-4, FB-5, FB-6
SL-4, SL-5
PW-1 (Andrew's Toga)
AR-1 (K. D. Aubert/Nikki Wood -- once redeemed, it will be A-41)

Box 6
BL-2
FBP-1
FB-7, FB8, FB9
SL-1, SL-6
PW-7 (Rachel's Blouse)
A-43 (Quentin Travers/Harris Yulin)

Box 7
BL-1
FBP-2
FB-1, FB-2, FB-3, FB-4
SL-2, SL-3
PW-4 (Kennedy's Pants)
A-49 (Chao-Ahn/Kristy Wu)

Box 8
BL-3
FBP-3
FB-5, FB6, FB7
SL-4, SL-5
PW-5 (Cassie's T-shirt -- Black)
A-51 (Eve/Amanda Fuller)

Box 9
BL-2
FBP-4
FB-1, FB-8
SL-1, SL-6
PW-1 (Andrew's Toga)
NO AUTOGRAPH (very, very sad... kept hunting through cards via flashlight thinking I must have missed it...)

Box 10
BL-1
FBP-5
FB-2, FB-3, FB-4
SL-2, SL-3, SL-4
PW-6 (Olaf's Tunic)
A-42 (Glory/Clare Kramer)

Box 11
BL-3
FBP-6
FB-5, FB-6, FB-7
SL-5, SL-6
PW-8 (Rachel's Pants)
A-48 (Vi/Felicia Day)

Box 12
BL-2
FBP-7
FB-2, FB-8, FB-4
SL-1, SL-2
PW-2 (Kennedy's Sweater)
A-47 (Molly/Clara Bryant)

Hope this information is useful. I can post my second case information if you want once I'm finished breaking it down.

I still have not broken down the base set. Please let me know if you are interested in those statistics as well -- just number of sets that I got for the case.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Reading all these breakdowns is making me more and more itchy for these cards. I'm gonna have to go satiate my appetite by buying some packs of something tomorrow. However, as Buffy won't be in stores here in the UK yet, it'll have to be something else Frown

Keep the breakdowns coming....

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Picture of lindskelly
posted Hide Post
Hi!!!!

"Has anyone pulled a Kennedy T-shirt pieceworks? I can't find one on eBay, but all the other pieceworks are up. I want to look before deciding whether I want to pick these up."

I bought a box from my local comic store and here are the goodies:

2 basic sets
Final Battle FB-1,2,3,9
Final Battle parallel FBP-3
Slayer's Legacy SL-1 and 6
Camden Toy autocard A52
Warriors Unite BL-3

For the pieceworks card, I pulled the Kennedy T-shirt PW-3 with three colors.

I am very happy with this breakdown/
I love these cards, especially the Slayer's Legacy set!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
The three boxes of Buffy that I ordered from a different dealer arrived today. These are boxes 2, 3, and 4 for me.

Here's my breakdown:

Box #2

Box Loader: BL-1
Slayers Legacy: SL-2, SL-3
Final Battle: fB-1, fB-2, fB-3
Final Battle parallel: fBP-3
Pieceworks: PW-1 (Andrew's toga - over half gold stiching!! Big Grin)
Autograph: NO autograph!!!! Frown Mad Frown

Box #3

Box Loader: BL-3
Slayers Legacy: SL-1, SL-2
Final Battle: fB-1, fB-2, fB-3, fB-9
Final Battle parallel: fBP-8
Pieceworks: PW-1 (Andrew's toga Frown - plain )
Autograph: A45 Rona (Indigo), A49 Chao-ahn (Kristy Wu) Big Grin

Box #4

Box Loader: BL-2 damaged - bent Frown
Slayers Legacy: SL-3, SL-4
Final Battle: fB-3, fB-4, fB-5
Final Battle parallel: fBP-7
Pieceworks: PW-2 (Kennedy's sweater)
Autograph: AR-1 redemption for Nikki Wood (KD Aubert)

Out of 4 boxes, here are the results:

Box Loaders - complete set + one damaged card
Slayers Legacy: SL-1(2), SL-2(2), SL-3(2), SL-4, SL-6.
Final Battle: fB-1(2), fB-2(2), fB-3(3), fB-4(2), fB-5(2), fB-6, fB-9.
Final Battle parallel: fBP-1, fBP-3, fBP-7, fBP-8
Pieceworks: PW-1(2), PW-2, PW-5
Autographs: AR-1, A44, A45, A49. (lucky to have a box with two after a box with none!)

It would've been nice to complete my SL and FB sets, but I guess I have plenty to trade now.

The PW1 card with the gold stitching is really nice. Almost 3/4 of the circle is filled with the stitching. The stiching is actually sewn on top of the material in a decorative fashion. It's what you can see around his collar in the photo on the card. Much more exciting than the second PW1 that I pulled that is solid white!

The AR-1 card is really nice in an of itself, with a photo that is in the same design as all of the promo cards.

I'm very dissapointed that I had a box with no autograph, but glad that life evened things out with a box with two. That box also provided an extra FB card, as I pulled 4, though I guess with 1:11 odds, it should happen sometimes.

This Inkworks release just seemed odd in the collation compared to past releases.

Time to trade!

Rich

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
That third box was awesome!!! Wish I had your luck... lol.
Big Grin
Kristina

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Here is our case breakdown by the box.
I (Charstar)sorted all even boxes,
Maninironlung (MY Hubby)sorted all odd boxes.

Overall we had 30 sets compelted (wow)
The 31st set was shy 4 cards and there are some commons left over to trade.

P.S.- my trading listed has been updated with buffy 7 commons Big Grin

We had 4 Boxloader sets.
We had 4 Slayer's legacy sets.
We had 4 Final Battle sets.
We had 1 Final Battle Paraell set.

14 autos!! Big Grin Bouncey I'm counting the case topper auto with that!
No Kennedy auto Shake Head to complete the auto set.

Box 1: BL 3 SL 2,3 FB 5,6,7, FBP 7
PW 4 (Kennedy's pants solid purple)
A 52 (Camden Toy-Turok Han)

Box 2: BL 2 SL 5,6 FB 1,9,2 FBP5
PW 1 (Andrew's toga solid white)
A 45 (Indigo-Rona)

Box 3: BL 1 SL 2,1 FB 6,5,4,3 FBP6
PW 4 (Kennedy's pants solid purple)
A 42 (Clara Kramer-Glory)

Box 4: BL 2 SL 4,5 FB 9,8,1 FBP 8
PW 5 (Cassie's T-shirt solid Black)
A 40 ( DB Woodside-Robin Wood)

Box 5: BL 3 SL 4,3 FB 9,8,7 FBP 7
PW 5 (Cassie's T-shirt solid Black)
A 48 (Felcia Day- Vi)
The back of card says she's from Hunstville Alabama! Cool thats where were living! Cool

Box 6: BL 1 SL 4,6 FB 4,3,2 FBP 9
PW 7 (Rachel's pinkish shirt with 2 blood slatters)
A 50 (Lalaine-Chloe)

Box 7: BL 3 SL 3,2 FB 8,7,5,6 FBP 1
PW 1 ( Andrew's Toga with white background golden trim across entire piece!)
A 46 (Sarah Hagan-Amanda)

Box 8: BL 2 SL 6,5 FB 3,2,1 FBP 8
PW 8(Rachel's Pants looks light blue/white)
A 47 (Clara Bryant- Molly)

Box 9: BL 1 SL 2,1 FB 6,5,4 FBP 9
PW 7 ( Rachel's Blouse Solid Light Pink)
A 53 (Nathan-Caleb)

Box 10: BL 1 SL 6,2,1 FB 3,4,5 FBP 9
PW 2 (Kennedy's Sweater Solid green woven fabric)
A 49 ( Kristy Wo- Chao Ahn)

Box 11: BL 3 SL 4,5 FB 9,2,1 FBP 2
PW 8 (Rachel's Pants looks light blue/white)
AR-1 ( Nikki Wood-KD. Aubert)
Redemption Card!!! WOOHOO!!! Luv You
& A 43 ( Harris Yulin-Quentin Travers)

Box 12: BL 2 SL 4,3, FB 8,7,6 FBP 4
PW 6 ( Olaf'd Tunic Brown black woven together)
A 51 (Amanda Fuller-Eve)

Great Case!!!!!!
Clap

Sometimes a best friend that doesn't talk back is a good thing!!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm quite pleased with the two boxes I got, although I didn't get the autos I wanted, I didn't get any duplicates on the chase cards, which makes a nice change.

Box 1
Box loader - BL2 - corner bent over Frown
Final Battle - 3,4,5
Final Battle Parallel - 6
Slayer's Legacy - 5,6
Auto 48 - Vi Frown
Pieceworks - PW6

Box 2
Box Loader - BL3
Final Battle - 1,2,9
Final Battle Parallel - 5
Slayer's Legacy - 3,4
Auto - 50 Chloe - Nice Auto Smile
Pieceworks - PW2

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
No box by box breakdown this time but I do have a case breakdown

All 14 autos, no dupes(2 boxes had 2 each)
PW1-8, PW1,1,4,7
FB 1-9,FB1-9, FB1-9, FB1-9, FB1,9
SL 1-6, SL1-6, SL1-6, SL1-6, SL6
FBP 1-9, FBP2-4
BL1-3, BL1-3, BL1-3, BL3, BL3, BL2

A complete set for me, WOOOOHOOOO, and I got both uncuts and a binder but I still need B7UK, 3 and MEM.

So in total I spent 760.

"How dreary to be Somebody..."

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Interesting breakdowns so far. Did anyone breaking cases get any autograph doubles within the same case?

Homer Simpson:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to, but I did get a box. I couldn't help it-I needed something! I wanted to wait until the Philly show, but you all know how the urge is. Ok, so here's the breakdown:

2 full sets - VERY nice, I must add
A40-D.B. Woodside (I wanted a Kennedy, but Wood is ok)
PW6-Olaf's Tunic Mad Not happy about that one, but at least I got a pieceworks.
SL3, SL4 - These cards are AWESOME Big Grin
FBP4
FB6, FB7, FB8
BL-3 - Slightly bent, I HATE the boxes that Inkworks has been using - I've had so many Tomb Raider and Roswell box topper and even card packs damaged because of the kind of box. I wish they would use the 'cigar' style box! Mad

Overall, I will be chasing this set. It is very nice. My friend at work also purchased a box for herself and her daughter (anyone going to Philly will get to meet them) I will post their breakdown too.

Oh, and as a 'goodbye' present (because I am transferring to the Sheriff's office), she got me the binder! Big Grin A very beautiful binder too!!!!

Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post