Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Think thats' the Emperor / Chancellor Palpatine.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
quote:

Andrew, Hi. It says "Darth Sidious" on the left side of the sketch. Smile

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich:
quote:

Andrew, Hi. It says "Darth Sidious" on the left side of the sketch. Smile

Doh ! Twak
Hide in plain sight 'eh ! Well at least it must look like him. Smile

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes Yesterday.....

4 sets of base cards
2 Sets of foil cards 1-2-3-4-5-6 of 6
2 sets of Morph cards 1-2 of 2
2 Scetch cards....
Not bad for 2 boxes Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Opened a hobby case over the weekend and only received 5 sketch cards out of a possible 6.

Out of those 5 sketches, 3 were by Martinez (2 identical sketches of a battle droid and 1 clone trooper sketch). The other sketches were 1 color sketch by Hodgkins and a general greivous sketch by Mike Lilly.

I was pleased with the Lilly sketch, but getting 3 martinez's in one case has deinitely put a damper on my pursuits of further sketch cards from the series.

To top it off, I have now received 2 boxes without a sketch. Aargh!! My letter with my proofs of purchase will be in the mail shortly to Topps.

Hopefully my luck will change

I will post scans of my cards in the next day or 2. Stay tuned.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post

As promised here are the sketches I have received thus far from a case and additionally from some loose boxes. Click on the thumbnail to view the sketches in greater detail.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatodama
posted Hide Post
quote:

- One gorgeous General Grievous sketch from Cat Staggs Clap

Hey I am glad to see someone who got one....man I have only seen about 10 posted on various boards and ebay....I guess most are not posting them..I am really glad you like the card. Thumb Up I hope to do more in the future...fingers crossed...... Topps are you listneing.... Wink

Posts: 240 | Location: san antonio TX | Registered: March 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cat Staggs.....you made the best sketch cards I have ever seen....you are a fantastic artists and I do hope you are signed to do more work!!

By the way ....are you going to be at GenCon in Indy this fall? Would like to see more of your art!!

/wave

Posts: 16 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Bought one of the retail tins today..

Tin card #2
Story card #2
Etched - 2, 6
Stickers - 9

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my box last week here is what i got
2 morph cards
3 etched foils(chewbacca is awesome)
3 stickers
3 tatoos
The best card i got was the padme sketch card, my fav character Clap

Posts: 91 | Location: yucca valley,ca 92284 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of perfinpuz
posted Hide Post
Hobby Box

2 Base sets
Etched Foil 1,2,3,4,5,6
Lenticular Morphing 1,2
Sketch General Grevious (pre cyborg ?) by Joe Corroney

Posts: 10 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Two packs from Forbidden Planet yielded an Anakin Sketch (with scar so post SW II) by David Rabitte ?

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Broke down quite a few boxes and got some cool sketches but the bad side it i have to sell them to pay rent god damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check them out, they're on ebay, my seller id is: ksahni

Posts: 8 | Location: UK | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kingraider32
posted Hide Post
I bought one hobby box for $60 when it came out. I made a complete base set with the foil and lenticular set in one box. I got lucky.

Posts: 295 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Otis Frampton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words about my sketch cards, guys! Big Grin

If anyone is interested, I'm now offering personal sketch cards through my website. You can find them here:

http://www.otisframpton.com/Store.html

Thanks again!

-Otis

Posts: 34 | Location: Washinton DC | Registered: July 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Excellent box!
5 Foil Etch cards (double of one of them)
2 Lenticular (one of each)
Jeff Chandler Battle Droid Sketch!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got my sketches scanned and put on my website, you can find them here:

My Sketches

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
hi

just went back from my trip to san francisco (i just love this city) and i managed to pick 2 boxes of Star Wars (heritage & ROTS) at Amazing Adventures, a very nice comic shop in the city. Of course, i couldn't resist and opened one box there : the ROTS i had was very surprising to say the least :

- no base set (18 cards missing from getting a base set and the same numbers were missing from getting another one Confused)
- Complete etched foil set 1-6
- 1 sketch card (a vader sketch from mike lilly that i put on this auction site)
- 1 hobby morphing card

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I picked up a hobby box at a reasonable price today!

One base set
All six etched foils-1,2,3,4,5,6
2-Lenticular morphing cards-1,2

Sketch card-Does anyone know who the artist is? I think maybe Brain Rood but then Ive not sure!

I'm just don't know. Can anyone help?

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats Silverback on pulling a Darth Vader sketch! Clap

Looks like it could be a James Hodgkins sketch card if it's not a Brian Rood.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post