Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I decided to order two more boxes after getting the sketch card, so I'm going to wait and see what I get there before doing any sort of trading.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
I opened my hobby box, I got;

all 6 foil cards
both morph cards
nice Gould sketch card (one of his nicer ones)

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PencillerZero
posted Hide Post
Hey All...I'm Mike Lilly...I'm actually one of the 'sketch' card artists from the Heritage and ROTS line from Topps. I've just recently become a collector myself. I'm really getting into all the Star Wars cards!!! Topps sent me back two hobby boxes...between the two boxes, I got 3 complete base sets (and a mixed lot of extras)...2 etched foils...and 2 sets of the lenticular morphing cards plus a Kieron Dwyer R2D2 inked and a Vader profile from Tom Hodges. Not bad for just 2 boxes.
I also bought the 6 tin set and a retail box just to see...man....you guys are right...lots of cool stuff between these sets....for the tins I got all 6 Vader cards showcasing the images from the tin's lids, a couple of tattoos, a couple of the stickers and 4 Vader embossed foil cards, oh and 4 of the exclusive story cards and one etched foil puzzle card (I think it's card #2).
For the retail box....I got 9 out the ten tattoos, 9 out of 10 stickers, another exclusive story card, a couple of etched foils, one lenticular (a different one from the hobby box) and 2 holographic cards, a clone trooper and a vader...ALL in all just great stuff out of the tins and retail boxes but the hobby boxes still have good stuff too....Smile
Just sharing my collecting with everyone...and if you haven't, definitely try to pick up the tin sets and at least one retail box. It's worth it.

Best to all....
Mike Lilly
www.creativehotlist.com/m-lilly2

Posts: 20 | Location: New York City | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, let me be the first to welcome you to Cardtalk. Hope you enjoy some of the friendly discussions on this forum.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Mike...welcome aboard here,have fun and enjoy your stay.Glad to see another artist join our merry forum Wavey

I have seen some of your ROTS sketches,and you sure are one talented fellow Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Ditto, welcome aboard. I have seen your sketch cards on the auction..High $ but excellent!
Thumb Up

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Mike. Good to have you here!! Bouncey

Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PencillerZero
posted Hide Post
THANKS GUYS!

Hey does anyone know where I can find a sealed box of THE SILVER AGE Marvel cards that came out like around '98?

Any help...

thanks amigos... Cool

Posts: 20 | Location: New York City | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PencillerZero:
THANKS GUYS!

Hey does anyone know where I can find a sealed box of THE SILVER AGE Marvel cards that came out like around '98?

Any help...

thanks amigos... Cool

Can only suggest E-bay or similar. You could try e-mailing dealers (those in NSU for starters ?).

Andy

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Hello Mike, just ask and thou shall receive. Email me for negotiations. Thanks Bryan
bvig@frrippy.com

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Finally, my local card store brought in some boxes of this stuff. I opened two boxes.

I haven't sorted out the foils or base cards, but I know that I got 3 lenticulars, and two sweet sketch cards.

- One coloured sketch from Otis Frampton (I don't know who the character is, but it's a grey fuzzy guy.
- One gorgeous General Grievous sketch from Cat Staggs Clap

I was tempted to open the third box, but I stopped. Maybe i'll buy some more tomorrow. If I can get the sketches scanned, i'll edit this post and add them.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to scanning the 2 sketch cards I got from my box. I rather like the Wilkinson sketch.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
OK, I caved and got 2 more boxes. Here are my four sketches from ROTS:

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Thats a great Grevious sketch. Whos the artist?

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
That Grevious sketch was done by Cat Staggs.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Opened a retail tin...
3 packs, 7 cards each
1 bonus A
1 expansion 3 of 6
1 tatoo
1 etch foil
3 embossed foils (in one pack)

Like the smaller size tin and bonus cards. Should make for easier storage. Thumb Up

Only three packs per tin is kinda of bummer, dudes! Shake Head

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Clearblue. Kool Sith sketches. I pulled some nice ones too. If you are possibly looking to trade, please drop me an email, and I will send you some scans. Thanks.

Posts: 16 | Location: Bronx, NY, USA | Registered: October 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Opened a box at the weekend.

Lenticular card 1 of 2 and a rather nice Joe Corroney, Amidala.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andrew David,

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lotr_fan/collector
posted Hide Post
i got two retail packs and got a sticker and a foil.pretty nice looking cards.

Posts: 25 | Location: Seguin | Registered: January 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
Well, after attending C3 I just had to buy a box of ROTS. Here's what I pulled:

Lenticular Morhing Card 1 of 2
Etched Foil Cards 1 through 6
Sketch: Matt Busch Darth Sidious

It's a nice looking inked sketch.

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post