Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Just opened up a hobby box:

Only one complete 90 card base set.
Got 81/90 on a second set and 60/90 on a third with 13 extras that I couldn't place.

5 of the 6 etched foil cards with no #1 and a double of #5.

1 lenticular morph card (#2/2)

1 sketch (a Matt Busch sketch of Anakin)

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
WoW! Can you say "flood the market" boys and girls? With all the "types" of release format this product has it will be quite some time before the hobby soaks this up.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sebulba-X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

The top right one is VERY cool.
Any news on the artist yet?

I'd like to get one!

The artist is Jeff Chandler...I believe he scanned all of his cards and sent the images to Keith, which are posted on hissite.

Posts: 74 | Location: Cumberland, IN USA | Registered: January 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
Finally Got my 2 Hobby Boxes

Box 1
Incomplete base set
Complete Etched foil set
Lenticulat Morphing card 2of2
Martinez sketch of Grevious Body Guard.

Box 2
Incomplete base set
Complete Etched foil set
Both Lenticular Morphing cards ;-)
Thomas Hodges sketch of Royal Guard.

Great to get two complete Etched foil sets, but what is w/ the bad base card collation?
Both sketch cards were very Average looking.
I am enjoying the Retail Material more than the Hobby.

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TK421:
I am enjoying the Retail Material more than the Hobby.

Seems like everyone that's posted is having more fun opening the retail stuff up. I guess maybe because there's more of a variety to the insert cards, and it seems like almost every retail pack has an insert in it.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Heh, just made another Star Wars card run today before and after work. Picked up 6 Hobby packs and one of the retail tins.

Out of the hobby packs I ended up pulling a Grant Gould Battle Droid sketch, and etched foil puzzle cards #3 and #5

I picked up the tin with the Vader helmet with the flames around it. Aside from the base cards I got the following inserts:
tin card A
story card 2/6
etched foil puzzle #3
sticker #1
hologram #1
tattoo #4

I did have a lot of fun opening the retail packs though. I think the variety of inserts is really neat!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BigD
posted Hide Post
Opened one hobby box, with another waiting for me. Quite happy with the results.

Pulled:

1 base set, possibly another.
1-6 etched foils
1 of 2 Morph card.
Plunkett sketch of Obi-wan, sorry no scan. Frown

Posts: 783 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Retail:

Mini-Box 1:
1 Embossed Foil 10
1 Etched Foil 1
2 Tattoo 6,10
1 Hologram 3
2 Sticker 4,6
0 Lenticular

Mini-Box 2:
1 Embossed Foil 2
1 Etched Foil 5
2 Tattoo 1,9
1 Hologram 1
2 Sticker 4,7
0 Lenticular

Mini-Box 3:
1 Embossed Foil 9
1 Etched Foil 6
2 Tattoo 2,8
0 Hologram
2 Sticker 2,5
0 Lenticular

Mini-Box 4:
1 Embossed Foil 7
1 Etched Foil 6
2 Tattoo 1,9
0 Hologram
2 Sticker 2,9
0 Lenticular

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
My lone hobby box...

all six foils
both lenticular cards
and a James Hodgkins sketch of Saesee Tiin

I was pleased.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of COSMIC GIRL
posted Hide Post
Got another hobby box:
Lenticular 2
Full puzzle set

and O'Neill sketch - colour Emperor. Very nice card - I am very happy Smile

Posts: 346 | Location: KENT UK | Registered: September 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of the 6 tins. Here is what I pulled:

Complete set of 6 art cards
Complete set of 6 story cards
Embossed # 1 (two) and # 2
Hologram # 2
0 morph cards
7 Tattoos (#2-two, #5,7,8-two, 10)
6 Stickers (#1-two, #2,5-two,7)
3 Foils (same as hobby) (#2- two, and #4)

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
bought 8 boxes and waisted my money i got 5 Martinez and they are worse than the Heritage ones. I would rather spend my money on heritage

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
bought 8 boxes and waisted my money i got 5 Martinez and they are worse than the Heritage ones. I would rather spend my money on heritage

Geez and I thought all the good Heritage and Sith hobby boxes were going to the UK. I guess there's hope for us in the Americas after all.

If its any consolation, I opened up 4 ROTS hobby boxes myself and received 2 hodges cards. One was a dreadful Vader side profile head shot sketch and the other was a battle droid sketch, which was identical to my Heritage one. my other two cards was a Fabbri Tarfful sketch and a Dan Norton sketch of some female with a bald head.

Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't think Heritage will necessarily be any better for you!!

I opened 15 cases of heritage wave one and got over 30 Martinez sketches (7 obi wans) 15 Busch sketches (7 Grevious) and 5 Mccrea Padmes plus other doubles and triples.

I did fair better on wave 2 cases and I recommend them over the wave 1 cases (just for the Walks and Myler sketches alone!)

However I was fortunate on the RoTS sketches. Only 2 Martinez and 2 Hodges sketches. Plus a color c-3po by Chung, 2 Hodgkins, and a Cummens Padme.

Anyway good luck out there cracking those boxes and cases everybody!!!

Posts: 50 | Location: Hollister | Registered: April 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Decided to try my luck with a sealed box this time.

Foil cards- 6, a complete set
Lenticular- 2, 1 of each
Sketch cards- 2, a Vader head shot by Fabbri (Level G), and a nice Annakin by Sarah Wilkinson (Level E)

Gotta say it was a good box, complete insert sets and 2 sketches, neither of which was a Martinez. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Bought a mini box at Wal Mart,

36 base cards
1 embossed foil #5
1 etched foil #2
2 stickers #2 & 9
2 tattoos #4 & 10

It was pretty cool to pull an insert in every pack. I will probably get a hobby box when pay day rolls around at the first of the month.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a hobby box with 34 of the 36 packs in it,

2 complete sets
6 foil inserts (full set)
2 lenticular motion (one of each)

I haven't had much luck with sketch cards, the hobby box of Robots I bought didn't have one, the hobby box of Clone Wars I bought didn't have one, and getting down to my last pack of this almost full box I figured my bad luck had struck again; however...

1 sketch card (Justin Chung color of darth vader)

I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Congrats on finally getting a sketch Mike L. Thumb Up

Any chance of a scan.Sounds like a great looking sketch.
And welcome aboard here,have fun and enjoy your stay Wavey

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly I do not have access to a scanner, so there is not much chance of a scan. To be honest, I've certainly seen better sketches here and on eBay; but I'm still quite happy with it.

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike,

Contact me if you would like to trade your Chung sketch card for something else you need.

Thanks,

Dan

Posts: 50 | Location: Hollister | Registered: April 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post