Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Superman Returns Hobby (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superman Returns Hobby (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Noooo........

I think I got a lemon for a case. I haven't gone through it all a second time, but I think I only got 2 autographs in my case: Bosworth and Huntington.

The Bosworth is great, but everything else is kinda disappointing.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you're disappointed in your case breakdown. Hopefully you'll pull other autograph cards if you haven't opened all your packs. So, what is the breakdown of your memorabilia cards?

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Here's the breakdown on my case:

Box 1
Perry White's 3-Piece Suit
Lex Luthor's 3-Piece Suit
Foil 1,2

Box 2
Superman's Cape
Clark Kent's Trench Coat
Foil 1,5

Box 3
Superman's Suit
Kitty Kowalski's Flower Dress
Foil 2,3

Box 4
Perry White's Sport Coat
Superman's Cape
Foil 4,5
Sam Huntington auto

Box 5
Superman's Cape
Kitty Kowalski's Flower Dress (variant)
Foil 1,5

Box 6
Kitty Kowalski's Flower Dress
Lois Lane's Pants
Foil 1,5

Box 7
Kitty Kowalski's Zebra Dress (variant)
Lois Lane's Pants
Foil 3,4
Kate Bosworth's autograph

Box 8
Lex Luthor's Coat
Kitty Kowalski's Zebra Dress
Foil 1,2

I didn't get three of the memorabilia pieces:
Superman's Briefs, Clark Kent's Suit, and Lois Lane's Skirt.

Overall, very unsatisfying and disappointing. 5 #1 embossed foils, and 4 #5's. Ugh! Only two autographs. Kate Bosworth was definitely the saving grace. Had it just been Marsden and a Huntington, I probably woulda burned the whole case.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
I suppose I would be disappointed if I didn't get at least three autograph cards in a case. Besides the Bosworth auto card, I think the Superman Suit and Cape cards are also nice cards.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Pulled these awhile ago but got the following:

5 Boxes:

1 Kate Bosworth Auto
1 Sam Huntington Auto
1 Parker Posey auto
Buncha other Costume Cards...

4 Boxes More:

1 James Marsden Auto
Buncha Other costumes..

Not bad pulls out of loose boxes (sealed boxes - but not sealed case). Woulda liked an auto of the big guys but not bad overall.

Email me if you have some extra costumes... (Need: Clark Coat, Parker Posey Flower Dress print, Parker Poser zebra print)

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
My boxes should be arriving next week! I went to see the movie yesterday (loved it!) and now I really want the Parker Posey auto, I just loved her character. The Brandon Routh or Kevin Spacer auto's wouldn't go a miss either.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was not going to bother with this set until yesterday when I saw the movie.Now I really want a couple of boxes.Off to search that auction site Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Ok, I recieved my 2 boxes this morning.

Box #1
1 Base Set
Embossed Foils - 3 & 4
Costume Card - Kitty's Zebra Dress
Costume Card - Lex Luther's Coat
Auto Card - None

Box #2
1 Base Set
Embossed Foils - 3, 4 & 5
Costume Card - Kitty's Flower Dress
Costume Card - Superman's Cape Smile
Auto Card - James Marsden as Richard White Smile

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great pulls CaptainMal.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Okay, as mentioned over in my NYC report, I bought some boxes of Superman Returns. I hadn't intended to get more than one. However...

Took several days to find any store that had any boxes of anything to sell. That store was Midtown. I bought a box and cracked it that evening at my hotel:

Box # 21118
3 costumes Dance - Kitty's flower dress, Lex's coat and Supe's cape
1 Auto - Parker Posey
2 foils - 4 and 5

So chuffed was I that next day, I did the same:

Box # 11117
2 costumes - Supe's cape (again) and Perry's 3 piece suit
1 Auto - KEVIN SPACEY Bouncey
2 foils - 1 and 5

I literally cried.

Some hasty re-allocation of holiday funds, I went on my last day and bought a third box, and a collector tin:

Box # 11117 (again - must be same case)

2 costumes - Kitty's flower dress (again) and Lois' skirt
No auto
2 foils - 3 and 4

The tin has 1 of 6 chase cards, plus a tin topper type card. Not too keen on buying 6 tins though, but to house my set, it'll do very nicely.

So - very very pleased, although I have 2 costumes to trade (anyone need the flower dress dupe or cape dupe - and has another of the costumes to trade?)

Here's some pics, less the cape, as they all seem to look the same. I'm keeping the flower dress one on the right I think.

Oh, base sets. Got one from each box, and a 4th from the spares. Nice set - quite a few scenes and characters not in the theatrical cut of the film, which bodes well for the dvd release.

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the Spacey bealay!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
god, that is awesome on the spacey pull. im stoked for you, i love hearing stories like that. Congrats man. if you sell it, i hope it ends up paying for your trip! if you keep it, i hope he comes back and is the villian in the sequel!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
That's one lucky pull.
This Spacey auto just pay for everything.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, bealay! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
It is funny because I had an odd feeling that one of those boxes at Midtown might have a Kevin Spacey....and it did....I just didn't get to it first...LOL. Wink(I bought a box last Fri and got nothing- OOPS!)

Congratulations! Sorry there weren't more boxes to be had.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmatsuda:
Congratulations on the Spacey bealay!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Happy for you bealay Dance

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box and 6 packs:

- 1 base set
- 2 foil cards
- 1 superman's cape
- 1 kitty's zebra dress
- 1 parker posey auto

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats Booker on pulling an autograph card with your memorabilia cards! Clap

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
By the way, Welcome to Card Talk! Wave

posted Hide Post
thanks! i'm new to the non-sport trading card hobby, so its nice to have a place to chat =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post