Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction, The (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction, The (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
I got my two boxes today Real nice cards no chipping on my cards.
In box 1
Autos- Michael Ironside
Alan Thicke
Burt Young
Costume-LAura Harris
Adam Goldberg
m1-M9 whole set
Box 2
Autos-Michael Ironside ( for trade Would like Beau Bridges)
MArgot Kidder
and Brent Spiner Elephant Elephant
costume- Jeremy Sisto Elephant
and Frank Whaley
M1-m9 anotherset
For the stars between the 2 boxes I got
s2-s4,s6,s8,s9,s12-s18
I really am Happy with these cards I will be looking for more Dance

Remove no spam for email

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Superfro
posted Hide Post
My box arrived from Diamond today and I opened it between helping customers (box #3193 by the way). I did not notice any chipped edges on any of my cards but I did see several "gouges" in randon spots on the backs of the cards.

I got:
3 base sets, a 4th with 9 cards missing and a small handful of random extras
A9, (Young), A13 (Shinas) and A14 (Sadler)

CC5 (Sharples) and CC6 (Whaley)

S6 (Picardo), S7 (Heston), S8 (Easton), S9
(Sisto) S17 (Busey) and S18 (Davis)

1 set of monologue cards plus 5 extras

I am pleased, but considering ordering another box because the price is nice for what you get ($54.00, my cost).

Please remove "No Spam" to email me.

Posts: 337 | Location: Marion, Iowa | Registered: July 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes this morning, and although not great on the inserts front, I'm still pretty happy:

Box 2283:

Montage: 1 Complete set plus M3, M7, M9
Stars: S1, S1, S2, S2, S4, S5
Autos: A4 Michael Ironside Elephant Elephant Elephant
A5 Nana Visitor (Limited)
A7 Alan Thicke
Costumes: CC8 (William Sadler)
CC9 Jeremy Sisto (Limited)

Box 3340:
Montage: 1 Complete set plus M3, M4, M6, M7, M9
Stars: S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S10
Autos: A7 Alan Thike Frown
A9 Burt Young (wwwwho???)
A10 Beau Bridges Big Grin Big Grin
Costumes: CC5 (Linnea Sharples)
CC8 William Sadler (variant on the first one)

The pain is the Stars Cards for me, I'd hoped I might get 10 cards and then have to trade for the rest... no matter, I'm sure I can find the ones I need. I *really* wanted Michael Ironside (which I have) and two of the Limited cards in one box should in trading... now I have the auto I really wanted I think I'm going to just collect the chase sets for this one and call it a day...

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xSaBx:
A9 Burt Young (wwwwho???)

He played Rocky Balboa's brother-in-law.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
xSABx I have all the Stars many times over. I will be putting up a trade list but let me know if you would like to trade to complete yours....Thanks LMK

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
I saw on ebay that there is a variation on the MArgot Kidder auto ayt least one signed in black, anyone get one in their box?
Confused

Remove no spam for email

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I saw the same auction.... I got an email from the President of Rittenhouse that they would like all the signatures to be the same but some Celebs like changing the signatures around knowing the collectibility of it. I don't think a Margot Kidder in black is worth that much more. $200.00? No way! Does that mean we need another addition to the online checklist? Pleeeeeeease noooooo!

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
All of my autos were in blue.

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Hey All I just got a box in the mail from Rittenhouse Achives!! Gosh they're Grrrrreeeat!
They replaced all my damaged Outer Limits Cards. Talk about some OUTSTANDING Customer Service! I mean they replaced all of them quick! I got to remember them in my will! Not that I'm going anytime soon. Anybody else want anything when I croak off? I got over a million cards plus 7 kids and two X-Wives-any takers? The only stipulation is is you want my cards you have to take the rest!
In all seriousness...THANK YOU RITTENHOUSE ARCHIVES! Thumb Up

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I too recieved my replacement cards yesterday. Always a surprise to receive a box from Steve Charendoff himself!

Thanks for the quick turn-around time!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ginny
posted Hide Post
These are great looking cards! The opening monologues used some really neat pics!

Anyone, onto my breakdown:

3 complete sets
1 complete monologue set, plus 5 extras
6 stars
A11, 13, 14
CC5, CC10

If someone wants to trade CC5 Linnea Sharples for CC4 Sean Patrick Flanery, I'm your chickie!!

Posts: 396 | Location: Riverdale, GA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Looks like the breakdowns have been excellent! I have a case waiting for me and I'll be getting to it as soon as I'm around long enough to do so...

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Before you ask someone to save the world, you'd better make sure they like it the way it is." -- Xander Cage, xXx

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
Here's my box breakdown

Stars

Monolgue :
Full set plus 5 (6 of which are damaged)

Costume :
CC2 (with stitch) Big Grin
CC8 (with stitch) Big Grin

Autos :
A4 Michael Ironside Big Grin
A7 Alan Thicke Smile (smudged with what looks like partial finger print)
A9 Burt Young Big Grin

Despite the damaged cards (the backs have tears as though they were not cut all the way through) I'm more than happy with the costumes and autos

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Hello

This is what my box contained:

Opening Monologue
Complete Set + M2, M5 & M7

Stars of the Outer Limits
S04, S05, S06, S07, S08, S09 & S18

Costume Cards

CC03 Beau Bridges
CC08 William Sadler

Autos

A09 Burt Young
A13 Sofia Shinas
A14 William Sadler

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and my box had

3 complete base sets

Opening Monologue
1 set of Opening Monologue chases plus extra M1, M4 and M6

Stars of the Outer Limits
S-9 Jeremy Sisto
S-13 Alan Thicke
S-14 Bruce Harwood
S-15 Sean Patrick Flanery
S-16 Beau Bridges
S-17 Gary Busey
S-18 William B. Davis

Costume Cards
CC5 Linnea Sharples
CC7 Adam Goldberg

Autograph cards

A3 Margot Kidder Cool
A8 Robert Picardo (Limited) Smile
A17 Alex Diakun

As an aside :
I finally received my binder for this set ( plus the Die Another Day expansion cards ) yesterday and for once the customs let them though with no extra to pay.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoftrader
posted Hide Post
I couldn't wait to get my hands on a box, so yesterday I did Metal

It went a little something like this.....

6 commons short of 4 complete sets

Complete set of Monologue cards, plus a few extra

Autos....Alan Thicke, Burt Young, and Rebecca DeMornay.

Costumes....Jeremy Sisto and Laura Harris(can't say that I'm familiar with either of these people).

Stars....missing #6-9, 12-18

All of my cards seem to be defect free with sharp, clean edges. I kinda thought it was cool that I got box #2000 even.

Brian

Posts: 192 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I finally received my replacement cards and was able to collate 11 more base sets. So the grand total of base sets from my case was 44 with quite a few commons left.

Mike
Trade List | Want List

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike...
How many damaged cards did you have in your case? I ended up with about 2800+ in three cases. I got my replacements already. RA sent complete sets for the damaged cards. Did you return all the ones that were damaged? Just being nosey and curious.
Roll Eyes

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted by TWS:
How many damaged cards did you have in your case? I ended up with about 2800+ in three cases. I got my replacements already. RA sent complete sets for the damaged cards. Did you return all the ones that were damaged? Just being nosey and curious

I had about 200 cards that were severely damaged. There was more than that, but the others I was able to repair by rubbing the colored part back over the chipped area where it wasn't noticable. I didn't return any of the cards. RA just had me email a list and that's what they sent.

Mike
Trade List | Want List

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I had some that were extreme to where they even had holes through them. I've been giving the ones that were damaged away. Some I guess could be repaired as you have done but I just like giving them away. Anyone want any? Wave

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest