Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction, The (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction, The (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted
Hi. I picked up a box of the New Outer Limits Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction cards today at the Midwest Non-sport Expo and just finished opening the packs. Here's how my box brokedown:

Monologue: M1(2), M2(2), M3, M4(2), M5, M6(2), M7, M8(2), M9

Stars: S12, S13, S14, S15, S16, S17

Costume Cards: CC5 Linnea Sharples, CC8 William Sadler.

Autographs: A7 Alan Thicke, A9 Burt Young, A10 Beau Bridges.

It was a good box and a nice end to a fun day.
Thumb Up
Rich

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 12, 2003 at 11:59 AM.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Wow, sounds sweet! Thicke and Bridges are ones I want! Hope to get a box or so soon... Surf

"I Get My Kicks Above The Waistline Sunshine"- Murray Head

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box as well, got 2 full sets of commons.

One full set of Monologue, plus 4 duplicates.

Stars: S11 to S17, 7 in all

Autographs: A1 Natasha Henstridge, A13 Sofia Shinas, A14 William Sadler

Costumes: CC1 Gary Busey CC2 John Amos

This morning I went down to the sales room and bought Rebecca De Mornay auto too...

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I just finished ripping through my case of this. I also got the Collector's Binder that includes Promo P3.

Autographs:
A1 - Natasha Henstridge x3
A2 - Brent Spiner x2
A3 - Margot Kidder x3
A4 - Michael Ironside x3
A5 - Nana Visitor x1
A6 - Hal Holbrook x3
A7 - Alan Thicke x3
A8 - Robert Picardo x0 Frown
A9 - Burt Young x2
A10 - Beau Bridges x2
A11 - Dylan Bridges x2
A12 - Rebecca DeMornay x2
A13 - Sofia Shinas x2
A14 - William Sadler x3
A15 - Not Issued
A16 - William B. Davis x2
A17 - Alex Diakun x3

Costumes:
CC1 - Gary Busey x2
CC2 - John Amos x3
CC3 - Beau Bridges x3
CC4 - Sean Patrick Flanery x2
CC5 - Linnea Sharples x4
CC6 - Frank Whaley x1
CC7 - Adam Goldberg x3
CC8 - William Sadler x2
CC9 - Jeremy Sisto x2
CC10 - Laura Harris x3
CC11 - Brent Spiner x1 (Case Topper)
CC12 - Robert Picardo x1 (Binder)

I was 1 card short from a master set. Not too bad. One thing I noticed was that a lot of the common cards had some chipping on the right side edge. Has anyone else seen this?

Will post a breakdown of the other inserts & base sets once I get them collated tomorrow.

Mike
Trade List | Want List

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I just busted up a case and pretty much got the same breakdown except for being shorted one costume card. I did get a Master Set including the Picardo. I have 2 more cases that are suppose to be delivered tomorrow so I should have them busted tomorrow night. Since I got a Master Set I think I'll leave the Archive Box that Rittenhouse sent me intact. I thought I might have to bust it open for the tough cards. So now I have the ultimate Master Set that includes a Archive Box. Big Grin
Rittenhouse has done it again Thumb Up

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the chipping on the commons. I had some seriously damaged cards in my box, so that i could not get a full set of nice cards. I had approximately 60 cards that were defective from my box.

Hopefully RA will be able to replace them.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I just checked on my commons and yes indeed there are many cards with chipping on the right side edge. Yikes! I guess I was so excited about getting the "good" cards that I didn't pay attention to the commons. There are many commons chipped.

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
Some of the cards in my box were damaged as well. Not something that I would expect from Rittenhouse. I haven't sorted mine to make sets yet, but I did notice that the checklist cards seemed to be damaged pretty consistantly in my box. Frown It appeared that some sort of mechanical gripper or pusher pressed on the edge of the card and peeled a small portion of the card face away from the edge. I saw some cutting type of chipping too.

Rich

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Would the Rittenhouse quality control person please step forward. Twak

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots and lots of chipped cards, most of the chipped cards I have from the case I broke down were in the Monologue Chase sets. I don't think I can put one of these chase sets together with 9 "good" cards.

Marty

Posts: 39 | Location: Jefferson, MO, USA | Registered: July 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I was afraid of this, I had noticed the cards with chipped edges Friday night. I'm not talking about little chips, one or two of mine have a chunk out of the front 1/16th of an inch.
I mentioned it to a couple of people the next day at the Midwest show, but I looked at 2 master sets in albums and they were fine, so I decided it would only be a small portion of cards, maybe just in a few boxes.

My foil inserts have lightly rough edges, but are acceptable, also, all Stars, autos and costumes are fine.

I am not worried about getting replacements, we know RA has excellent customer service, however, if a lot of us have already found these cards in just the short time this product has been released, this could be a widespread problem and a good base set will be hard to find.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
All my insert cards are okay. I'm collating my 21st base set right now and have a stack of around 150 cards that are severely damaged by the chipping. I found these cards in every single box I opened.

Mike
Trade List | Want List

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
The final total of base sets right now is 33. There are around 200 defective cards due to chipping so once those get replaced should have quite a few more sets.

Opening Monologues 9-card Insert Set x17, 6 extras

Stars of Outer Limits 18-card Insert Set x3, 24 extras

Mike
Trade List | Want List

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Okay I've found Insert Cards that are chipped also. Most all were monologues. Also found Stars Of Outer Limits Chipped and Crapola a Costume Card Chipped. Ouch! I'm not really worried because Rittenhouse Archives has always stood behind their products. So far as common cards found chipped-over 1800.... from two cases. They are averaging from 2-3 per pack. Now and then I'll have only 1 but I haven't found but a few packs that didn't have any. It' taking me so long sorting because of looking for them. You don't have to look hard because they stand out big time.

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Has anyone contacted Rittenhouse about the chipping problem yet?

"These aren't the cards you're looking for...."

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I contacted RA about these, and Robert Kholbus responded. He stated:

"While we have heard from some collectors regarding this issue, we haven't discovered it in any of our boxes.  We believe the problem came from one feeder that may have shifted slightly mid-way through the packout.  This would account for the reports of people finding only one card in each pack with the problem and why the problem isn't widespread." 

He advised me to send them a list of the numbers I needed and my address and they will replace the cards.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
So, what do you all think of this set?

I'm undecided as to get it... gimme some more incentive! Big Grin Wink

Kendra to Buffy: "I call it Mr. Pointy." Twak

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
This is a nice set. i have only seen a couple of these shows, but the photos are nicely done, they follow the plot well.
The Monologue insert set looks good put together, it's a 9 card puzzle. I like the look of the Stars inserts, but i don't feel compelled to get them all. The costumes and autographs are well done and feature a lot of great names. Spiner and Busey, Rebecca De Mornay and Natasha Hendstridge. The ep with De Mornay is not covered in the set though, would love to see more of her.

It is a very good set, depends on how you like the stars and if you had watched the show.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I Love the Cards plus the Autographed and Costume Cards are just Great. When have you ever seen Stars like this? Rittenhouse has also put Five Awesome Chase Cards in each box. I've heard people whine about this set but I happen to think it's just about the nicest set offered by anyone. Where else can you buy a box and get two Costume Cards and 3 Autographed Cards from some of the biggest names in the Entertainment Business. We all thought it was cool to get two autographs per box and with other Card Manufacturing Companies giving you 1-2 Autographs or Costume Cards per 1-2 boxes I think Rittenhouse has given Card Collecting a huge boost. You get the real Autographs and Costumes not a redemption card that will cost you additional money to send away for, plus you had to wait and wait to get your card. With Rittenhouse Archives you have the Autograph or Costume card in your hand when you find it. Let's give some thanks to them for what they do. Also they have the most Outstanding Customer Service you could ever hope or ask for.

Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmeee...

... you guys have convinced me! I must pick up a few boxes. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks... and my bank account thanks you too... not! Wink

Kendra to Buffy: "I call it Mr. Pointy." Twak

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post