Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lexx (Dynamic Forces)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lexx (Dynamic Forces)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted
Just picked up two boxes that I've had on hold at my store for over a year (or two...)

Box 1:

1 Box Loader (card 4 of 6)
1 full set + 1 set missing 3 cards
2 Rainbow Chrome cards: C2 and C4
5 Autograph cards: A2 Tom Smith, A3 Brian Downey, A6 Matt Busch, A7 Gordon Purcell, A8 Tom Grindberg
0 Sketch cards
0 Costume cards

Box 2:

1 Box Loader (card 1 of 6)
2 Base Sets (+ 3 cards to finish off previous box's set)
4 Rainbow Chrome cards: C2, C3, C5, C6
4 Autograph cards: A2, A3, A7, A8
1 Sketch card: 790 by Matt Busch
0 Costume cards

Kind of a weird collation with these...I did get 5 of the 6 chrome cards, which was cool. No Xenia Seeburg autograph, and no costume cards out of the 4 boxes I opened. How rare were those? For what it's worth, stated odds on the box are: 3 Chrome cards, 4 Autographs and 1 Sketch.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
1 box 40 packs(36 expected) 6 cards each B
box design B
wrapper design B+
2 complete base sets(near 3rd set -11) A
base set design B+
4 Chromes C1,3,4,6 (3 expected) C
2 sketches: (1 expected)
1 black pen(Busch)blond Xenia 414/500 (RARE) A Thumb Up
1 pencil(Parsons)red Xev 730/1000 B
2 actor autographs:
1 A1 Xenia Seeburg(rare) Thumb Up
1 A4 JHirschfield
Actor auto design B
3 artist autographs:
A1 Parsons, A10 Horley, A11 Pittarelli
(Only four autos total expected)
Artist auto design B+
no costume card(Assuming there is one?)
Boxloader #2 B+

Overall B+
This may be as close as I will ever get to an ARCHIVE box. Very lucky am I. However, I've tried not to let luck bias my review.
Base set collation is good, and the design is a good mix of profiles and scenes. The pen sketch is top notch, and autos and sketches are hand numbered.
8 cards per pack would have been better. The wrapper design was cramped, but informative. The actor autos are black marker on a grayish background, not as easy to distinguish as the artist autos. The chromes are OK, but the quality of production is lacking.
Obviously, I had a good time with this box, but I have never watched the show.
Also pulled boxloader #2, the exact card I needed to fill the BL set, go figure!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
That was indeed an excellant box you got there xtime Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
In my box I got:
2 complete sets
Auto's : A3 Brian Downey
A7 Gordon Purcell
Chrome cards : C3, C4, C5, C6
Sketch card by Gordon Purcell
Costumn card : 123/199

Should have gotten 2 more auto's but I did get a Xev costumn card.

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
Got another box last week.
2 complete sets
Auto's : A6 Matt Busch
A7 Gordon Purcell
A8 Tom Grindberg
A10 Alex Horley
A11 Jeff Pittarelli
Chrome cards : 1,2,4,5,6
Box Topper : 1
Sketch card by Matt Busch #1/500

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Got my 1st box of this set today. Excellant collation. I got 3 full base sets with only 15 spare cards.

Now to the chases
I got Box-topper #3 of 6
Chrome cards C1, C2, C4 & C5
Artist Auto A1 DAN PARSONS #212/1000
Artist Auto A10 ALEX HORLEY #212/1000
Actor Auto A1 XENIA SEEBERG #230/500 Bouncey Drool
According to the NSU guide there were only 199yet mine is # 230/500
Actor Auto A4 JEFFERY HIRSCHFIELD #214/1000
Sketch card by GORDON PURCELL #485/1000 Dance
0 Costume cards.

Unfortunatly the Xenia Seeberg auto was smudged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys and girls I had a quick question regarding this set I managed to get a xenia seeberg auto but there is no number out of 500, it is definately the same card as pictured on several sites but missing the serial number bit on the front of the card that denotes which number it is out of 500. This is definately a genuine card I hope? I just need the costume card now but a few I have seen also have this missing and some dont does it make a difference or is it basically a defective card if it is not printed on the front? I am confused as I dont want to buy teh costume card if there is the possibility it might be false. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Posts: 10 | Location: Wales (UK) | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post