Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek the Movies In Motion (Rittenhouse)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek the Movies In Motion (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted
Another fantastic Rittenhouse product!

Here were my autograph pulls -

Box 1:
Nicholas Guest as Enterprise Trainee
Ronald D. Moore as writer (limited)
Thomas Kopache as Enterprise B Comm Officer

Box 2:
Jeremy Roberts as Lt. Dmitri Valtane
Christopher Plummer as General Chang
Rosana DeSoto as Azetbur

Box 3:
Gwynyth Walsh as B'etor
Alice Krige as Borg Queen (limited)
Jacqueline Kim as Ensign Demora Sulu

Also, out of three boxes I got a full set of the Quotable Chase cards and no doubles of the Portrait Chase cards. (Although, my Janice Rand portrait was creased a bit.)

I know not everyone is a fan of the lenticular sets, but I happen to love 'em. I wouldn't be surprised if Rittenhouse already has a second set of Trek movie motion cards in the works. There are quite a few more clips that would translate well to lenticular cards.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
So far...
Marina Sirtis auto (very limited) Dance

Check out card #38.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I got my two boxes late today.

Box # 0237
1 base set
C1-C12
Quotable Star Trek: Q2, Q4, Q10
Portrait: POR3, POR4, POR7, POR12
Autos: David Warner as Chancellor Gorkon (limited)
A64 Michael Welch as Artim
A67 Thomas Kopache as Enterprise-B Communications Officer

Box# 4758
1 base set
C1-C12
Quotable Star Trek: Q6, Q7, Q9
Portrait; POR1, POR6, POR14, POR15
Autos: Kirstie Alley as Lt. Saavik (limited)
A54Nicholas Guest as Entrprise Trainee
A65 Roger Aaron Brown as Epsilon IX Techicain

28 extra commons without doubles among them.

Its hard to beat 22 inserts in 24 packs and still get a base set.

I love this set. The lenticular motion cards have come a long way. Out of 72 cards it would be hard to pick a favorite. It's true I might like some better than others.

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I have already opened them. So Merry Christmas!!

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Kirstie Alley and David Warner in two boxes. I don't know about "Merry Christmas". More like a brilliant one Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Marina Sirtis auto...

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a box. Here's the results:

Laurence Luckinbill auto (limited)
Stephanie Niznik auto
Alex Henteloff auto

I didn't get anybody that I was hoping for.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Finally finished my first box...

Permit me to borrow from the classic line with some modification. It was ALMOST the best of times, and ALMOST the worst of times. LOL Wink

1 hobby box
box & wrapper designs A
base card design A-
1 near set D-
CHASE: C1-12 complete set
Character card design D (too much like the base cards)
4 Portraits design C+
3 Quotables design C-
3 autos design B
A47 Alice Krige - Limited
A66 Marina Sirtis - Very Limited
A75 Riff Hutton - Limited
Insert ratios A

Overall C+/B-
It was great pulling three limited autos. Many of the base commons are impressive. Fell short on the base set plus some defective cards. The chase designs were repeats. Still overall, this is a box worth your time.

RHutton & AKrige autos...

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two boxes for me. No extremely rare pulls, but a full set in each box and no damaged cards. Boxes are 24 packs of 4 cards, 5000 numbered boxes, 12 boxes/case. Expect 1.23 base sets of 60 if collation were perfect.

BOX 4151/5000

Base cards (60): 1 complete set, 14 extras
Stars in Motion (12, 1:2 packs): 1 complete set, C01-C12
The Quotable Star Trek Movies (10, 1:8 packs): Q1 Q3 Q8
Star Trek Movies: Potraits (16, 1: 6 packs): POR3 POR4 POR7 POR12
Autographs (30, 1: 8 packs):
-- A45 David Warner - Chancellor Gorkon (Limited)
-- A64 Michael Welch - Artrim
-- A65 Roger Aaron Brown - Epsilon IX Technician

BOX 4152/5000

Base cards (60): 1 complete set, 14 extras
Stars in Motion (12, 1:2 packs): 1 complete set, C01-C12
The Quotable Star Trek Movies (10, 1:8 packs): Q4 Q5 Q7
Star Trek Movies: Potraits (16, 1: 6 packs): POR2 POR9 POR10 POR13
Autographs (30, 1: 8 packs):
-- A57 Christopher Plummer - General Chang
-- A58 Rosana De Soto - Azetbur
-- A72 Jacqueline Kim - Ensign Demora Sulu

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My box arrived this morning.

Just spent the last hour looking at the cards, it's a great looking set.

Box # 3536

Star Trek Movie Stars In Motion: Full set of 12
Star Trek Movie: Portrait Cards: 3,4,7,12
The Quotable Star Trek Movies: 4,7,10

The auto's I pulled were:
A70: Gwyneth Walsh as B'Etor
A54: Nicholas Guest as Enterprise Trainee
A45: David Warner as Gorkon(L)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Bought a box today-

3027 of 5000:

C01-C12
POR5, POR10, POR11, POR16
Q1, Q6, Q8

Autos:

A69: Barbara March as Lursa
A75: Rif Hutton as Klingon Guard (Limited)
A60: Nichelle Nichols as Lt. Uhura (Very Limited)

Got one base set with 14 extra cards too.

Beautiful set.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
My box break down

Quotables; Q1, Q3, Q8
Portraits; POR5, POR10, POR11, POR16
Autographs;
Kristie Alley
Nicholas Guest
Thomas Kopache

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I posted here...
Well...I broke down and bought 3 cases of this product

Wow! I couldn't believe it I only got one of Christopher Plummer A57 out of 3 cases, but 4 of Kirsty Alley and 5 of James Cromwell...Was Plummer actually more limited than just being a common autograph as the checklist states?

Sadly, I only got 1 Barrett and none Patrick Stewart, but 2 each of the other 3 Very Limited Autos. I did no worse than 1 each of the other common autos per case except for Plummer so the collation wasn't too bad

Though I averaged 1 each of the common autographs per case on 2 of them I got 3 of some of the actors in the other and sadly, I only got 1 of the VL autographs in that case which was the Barrett.

Some have said the collation was the best they had seen on a recent RA release. Considering there were only suppose to be 416 Cases, I actually thought it might be better than what I saw. I guess the only way to know is to get 10 or more and compare that way.

The collation on all the other inserts was almost perfect, though 2 of the Portait cards of LaForge were damaged in the same case.
Does anyone know if any of the Archive Boxes were marked on the inside or were they all marked on the outside? That would have been a nice suprise when opening up a box...Sadly I haven't had much luck that way Frown

All in all, there wasn't the same excitement to this product that I felt to the last movies release where there were 2 autographs and 2 cotumes per box and also the more prestigous Camp Kitomer Banner cards. I only wish that release would have been more limited as 10,000 boxes was way to much. The autograph lineup was much better than the last TOS 40th Series 2 release where there were 9000 boxes released. They are still dumping cases on Ebay right now. 5000 boxes was almost perfect Smile

Oh and on another note...RIP Majel Barrett Frown I really enjoyed her work over the years!!! Merry Christmas to all out there!!!

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2nd Box: 41 of 5,000

C01-C12
POR5, POR8, POR11, POR16
Q1, Q6, Q8

Autos:

A67: Thomas Kopache as Communications Officer
A46: Kirstie Alley as Lt. Saavik (Limited)
A54: Nicholas Guest as Enterprise Trainee

Also one base set with 14 extras.

Not a bad box, although I only got two new inserts.

At least I now have a second Kirstie which will probably go on my trade list. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Two boxes, I think I could have done better, but since I am no big fan of the series/movies my motive was the "in motion" base-set Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
From the 3 boxes I bought;

Box 1015 -
This was missing 3 cards for a Base Set & also 1 card (C01) for the Stars Lenticular chase set
Portrait Cards: POR5, 8, 10 & 16
Quotable: Q1, Q2 (2 copies), Q3
Autos: A46 - Kirstie Alley, A54 - Nicholas Guest & A70 - Gwynyth Walsh

Box 1041 -
Full Base Set & Set of Stars Lenticular chase set
Portrait Cards: POR3, 4, 7 & 12
Quotable: Q5, Q6, Q9
Autos: A48 - Laurence Luckinbill, A68 - Don Stark & A76 - Dendrie Taylor

Box 4041 -
Full Base Set & Set of Stars Lenticular chase set
Portrait Cards: POR2, 3, 9 & 13
Quotable: Q5, Q7 Q9
Autos: A41 - James Cromwell, A57 - Robert Easton & A71 - Stephanie Niznik

Overal pretty happy with what I got just the 1st box with any problems, was unable to make up a third set from the spares from the other 2 boxes though.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was in a Star Trek mood, so I bought a box on the cheap. I didn't really care what I got, as I had no real expectations, so I was pretty happy with my box.

A71 Stephanie Niznik as Perim
A53 Ronald D. Moore (like the guy's writing, but the picture is pretty retro)
A57 Robert Easton as Klingon Judge

Full set of Stars in Motion
Q5,6,9
PQR1,12,14,15

I liked this set, loved the base set, and was pretty happy to get the Beverly Crusher portraits card, as she was one of my favorites!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got two more boxes. Still pretty happy with my pulls, despite a lot of duplication:

Laurence Luckinbill as Sybok Thumb Up
Alex Henteloff as Dr Nichols
Stephanie Niznik as Perim Frown
Q6,8,9
PQR2,9,10,13

Alice Krige as Borg Queen Thumb Up
Jacqueline Kim as Ensign Demora Sulu
Rif Hutton as Kligon Guard
Q5,6,9
PQR1,4,7,12

2 Sets of Stars in Motion

Overall, I'm pretty happy with pulls. I wanted the Krige and Luckinbill autos, even if I wasn't able to pull the Stewart auto that I still want.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Busted a box today.

Box 4375:

One full base set with 14 extras
C01-C12
Q1, Q6, Q8
POR6, POR8, POR14, POR15
A66 Marina Sirtis as Counselor Troi VL Elephant
A69 Barbara March as Lursa
A75 Rif Hutton as Klingon Guard

VERY pleased with the Troi auto card. Smile

Val