Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Elementals (Perna Studios, 2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elementals (Perna Studios, 2017)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Got my package today, 12 packs and four sets. Also got the plain metal variant of the TY promo which was limited to 30. I also got a redemption for the metal spot foil set 18/20 in one of the four sets and the Earth metal chase and Lenticular chase in the twelve packs. Most importantly got these 16 sketches ( first four are from the sets ) :

Can Baran and Oliver Castaneda.

Alexis Hill and Sanna Umemoto.

Ted Dastick Jnr and Achilleas Kokkinakis.

Puis Calzada and Juri H Chinchilla.

Peejay Catacutan and Danielle Gransaul.

Craig Yeung and Gabrielle Bruer.

Benjamin Glendenning and Alcione Silva.

Ingrid Hardy and Anastasia Catris.

What a wonderful set Smile . Everything from the base cards to the spot foils and all the cards above are just perfect Clap . Take a well earned rest Tony and Elaine. I look forward to your next set this time next year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lovely sketches you pulled there...but when do you ever get anything else from a Perna release Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My 12 packs arrived yesterday but I've been too busy admiring them to post them here before now Smile

My extras were a Meghan Hetrick Fire Elemental Lenticular Card, an Earth Metal Chase Card by Priscilla Petraites and a gorgeous Metal Art Card by Hanie Mohd. So I was a very happy bunny Dance

My sketches in the order I found them:

Alfret Le, Priscilla Petraites, Danielle Gransaull

Luro Hersal, Mick and Matt Glebe, Liz Chesterman

Jofel Cube, Anthony Tan, Kokkinakis Achilleas

Loren Bobbitt, Matthew Sutton, Danielle Ellison

And last but not least the Metal Art from Hanie Mohd

Another beautiful collection of cards from the Pernas that I am really happy with Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
The artwork is amazing in the Perna releases!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Most people are posting their box breakdowns on our Facebook Group and there are a lot of posts. Smile

http://www.facebook.com/groups/pernastudios

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Finally uploaded my images to my website so I can post the break Smile This is a beautiful set, as expected with Perna Studios. In my 12 packs, I got 3 base sets and spot foil sets. Extra hits are: TY metal promo, redemption for set of metal spot foils, FMC Fire Metal Chase, Lenticular. Very happy. And, here's the sketches:

Danielle Gransuall (Traded) / Israel Arteaga / Achilleas Kokkinakis
Jason Saldajeno / Walter Rice / Peejay Catacutan

Anthony Tan / Puis Calzada / Andre Toma
Mel Uran / Liz Chesterman / Alfret Le

Definitely keeping the Uran (water), Kokkinakis (air) and Saldajeno (air). Though I've noticed I have a few Saldajeno keepers in previous sets, so I might yet keep the Le (air) instead. Favourite earth is the Chesterman. I'm also a big fan of the Rice, particularly the way the water forms the dragon/bird head.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my 2 sets yesterday. Even though I'm not really collecting anymore I had to have these Big Grin

Two sketch cards:

The one of the right should have a green hue to it, but my phone didn't pick that up.

A Fire Metal Chase card. This is rather cool, IMO.

Two inserts, SF3 and SF4, as well as a promo card (TY).

Very happy with what was in mine. Might try and find the rest of the inserts, not sure yet.

Posts: 12 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mystyk:
Got my 2 sets yesterday. Even though I'm not really collecting anymore I had to have these Big Grin

Two sketch cards:

The one of the right should have a green hue to it, but my phone didn't pick that up.

A Fire Metal Chase card. This is rather cool, IMO.

Two inserts, SF3 and SF4, as well as a promo card (TY).

Very happy with what was in mine. Might try and find the rest of the inserts, not sure yet.

That Juri is fantastic Eek ( but then they all are Smile ) . I would recommend visiting the Perna Facebook page, lots of people on there who will help you out with missing inserts for the cost of postage Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I joined that page earlier today Big Grin
Thanks to the page I also found out who the artists were, lol. It's even better that the artists are members of the page Smile

I've had an expression of interest already on the Petraites sketch. I don't know yet, though. The other one, by Juri, I'll be keeping. So detailed and colourful. Reminds me of another card I have. I don't remember where I got it but it's one of my favourites.

Posts: 12 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is an AP I just received from Arwenn Necker Smile .