Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Some luck you had there, Cosmic Girl Thumb Up

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am new to this site and semi new to non sports(less then 1 year). I first worked on the roswell set and have that done(minus frakes and Benz auto) then the dark angel(only missing Alba and Cameron autos) I was in heaven when I found out they were doing a spike set..I have the set and working on the autos/piecworks so far I have

AUTOGRAPHS
Spike
Soul Demon
Nikki Wood(redemption)
Julie Benz
Boris Vallejo

PIECEWORKS
Spike on angel(REDEMPTION)

AND THE BEST CARD
SPIKE ON BUFFY AUTOGRAPH PIECEWORKS(REDEPMTION)

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls there Jim, and hey! Welcome to the group! Enjoy

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Very nice pulls, and thanks for posting pics. You should come to the Philly spring card show on April 1 & 2. It's a great show!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought 6 packs, and pulled HS-5.

I also got the BL cards, and that was #1.
I am happy that I got the cards, but I wished I could of got an auto....

There are lots of packs left, so maybe next time.
Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I also bought six paks, but only because that was what was left in the box.

I got:
Heart and Soul #5
and a Redemption card for A2
Juliet Landallas as Drusilla Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Cline,

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I also bougt six paks, but only because that was what was left in the box.

I got:
Heart and Soul #5

Lucky sausage dog!
Now if only my packs were like that!?

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got:
Heart and Soul #5

Last week I bought 6 packets of Spike and didn't get any kind of bonus card. My friend bought 2 packets, in one seh got a Buffy+Spike card and in the other pack she got the redemption for the Buffy pieceworks. She doesn't really collect cards and the cards she does have are all bent at the corners. I offered to trade for the redemption or buy it off her and she said "No. I've never had a card with a piece of material on before". She didn't even know what a redemption was or what to do with it. I actually sat and cried after that. Its the thought that the card wasn't going to a good home

-Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffyAngelFan:
She doesn't really collect cards and the cards she does have are all bent at the corners. I offered to trade for the redemption or buy it off her and she said "No. I've never had a card with a piece of material on before". She didn't even know what a redemption was or what to do with it.

If she's interested in something else that has had a release with costume/pieceworks/memorabilia see if she'll trade for one of those Smile That way she'll have something she likes and the piecework you want will go to a good home Big Grin

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
She's a huge Buffy/ Angel fan its just the fact that she doesn't look after things and, while she has got a couple of base sets (that I got for her), shes not really interested in trading cards

The thing is, if it was the other way round and she was the card collector I would've just give her the card. I guess I'm too stupid for my own good

And this is off the subject of box break downs...SORRY

-Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
It's okay to get off topic Smile We all know how you feel - the worry that cards aren't in good homes. I know people freak out when they see me giving my sons cards, knowing full well the baby is only going to eat them and the 6 year old may or may not take care of them (he's actually very proud of his cards)

It's a shame though that your friend is refusing to trade or even sell it. You'd think she'd be happy to esp. if it's not something she generally collects.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
tialessa, in reply to your email (for some reason Wanadoo isn't letting me repl to emails at the minute Mad)

I did offer here a pieceworks card. I offered her Jasmine's pants from season 4 (I know its not a good trade but thats the only PW I have to trade it seemed like all she wanted was a pieceworks). She said no. So then I offered her the Cordy pieceworks from Angel season 4 (Cordelia is her second favourite character after Angel) which I would've had to take out of my own collection and she said "No. I liked Spike's jacket"....thats when I gave up and actually started crying. I'm 21 this year and I'm crying over a trading card. Oh I should also point out that earlier in the day we both bought a Darla action figure each. She opens all her figures but I keep all mine boxed. I asked her if I could have the Spike promo from the figure and she said "No because then I won't have one" so I asked her if she was actually going to try and collect all the promos and she said "No but its a nice card. You'll have one in your Darla so open it. Theres no point keeping it boxed" After a bit longer trying to beg, trade and buy the D-1 of her and still getting the same reply I reluctantly opened my figure. As it turns out she did give me the D-1 in the end but only after I spent 3 hours colouring in pictures for her work

She really irrated me that day. She thinks of herself as generous and her friends mean everything to her. She said I was being petty over the Spike pieceworks, I didn't see it that way but if I was being petty then I think she was being equally petty by not trading/ selling the card to me

-Claire

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
yeh but yeh but yea but yea but jelous are we Frown

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If it was me I would be Jealous also, several occasions I have had someone refuse to trade me a card I knew they didn't collect but the refused(later I found out they were sold on ebay Frown ..)

I sent in my redemptions last week and they are back already(less then 7 days WOW)

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 more packs, and pulled:
- HS-4
- SB-5

I am very happy that I pulled them, as it helps to my completion of Spike.
C. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffyAngelFan:
quote:

I got:
Heart and Soul #5

Last week I bought 6 packets of Spike and didn't get any kind of bonus card. My friend bought 2 packets, in one seh got a Buffy+Spike card and in the other pack she got the redemption for the Buffy pieceworks. She doesn't really collect cards and the cards she does have are all bent at the corners. I offered to trade for the redemption or buy it off her and she said "No. I've never had a card with a piece of material on before". She didn't even know what a redemption was or what to do with it. I actually sat and cried after that. Its the thought that the card wasn't going to a good home

-Claire

Same friend visited this week. We went to the same shop and bought trading cards. I bought all Spike packets and spent around £22. She bought Angel season 5 and Spike and spent around £10. All I got was one Buffy + Spike card. My friend got an Angel season 5 David Boreanaz pieceworks and in Spike she she got HS3 and the James Marsters auto. So upset. Later on she makes out that she was going to give me the James auto and then says that shes keeping it

I'm quite heart broken to tell you the truth. She spent a total of around £20 and got Angel season 5 PW, Spike PW, Spike auto, Buffy+Spike card and a HS card. I spent a total of £45 and the only bonus card I got was one of the Spike HS cards

-Claire

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
You must stop taking this person places. Smile

At the least get them to pick packs for you.

I have friends that collect sports cards that use me like that. I do have good luck with packs most times.

Although there is nothing more fun then grabing a couple of packs and pulling a card a friend really wants Wink

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Geez, Claire, I'm sorry to hear of your bad luck. If it's any consolation, I've spent plenty of money on loose packs, and many times I just don't get anything but commons I don't need. My only advice is don't give up, and go ALONE(sans your friend)to the card shops. The law of averages says your luck has to change. Smile

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boggle
posted Hide Post
Hey Claire,
Keep an eye on your letterbox, something heading your way!! Big Grin Big Grin

"Bored now"

Posts: 271 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:

I sent in my redemptions last week and they are back already(less then 7 days WOW)

I sent in mine over a week ago, and nothing yet Frown

Starting to get a tad bit worried... I know I shouldn't though...

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post