Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
Got a box today,

BL1
HS7, HS8, HS9
SB2, SB3
A6 Kali Rocha as Cecily Adams
PR-1 Leather Coat from Buffy Smile Smile Smile

2 complete base sets

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
10 stars for my superfast dealer, where it seems distance is no object in receiving cards alot faster than anyone else i can think of (besides Michelle) Smile

I bought a box last week to see what all the fuss was about.

BL3
HS1, 2, 3
SB1, 2
A9 (Clem)

Only got one decent wrapper. Are they making them thinner and more flimsy now? Weird.

The backs of the cards remind me of Buffy Connections.
But the set is nice. I'm not going for a mini or full master, though Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of solo-977
posted Hide Post
opened five boxes-

Autos-
Dru
Darla x2
Adam
Pavayne.
PW - Angel.

wasnt able to make one box topper set or 9 card puzzle set.

Posts: 294 | Location: Geelong vic, Australia | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
Got another box today:

BL3
HS1, HS2, HS3
SB4, SB5
AR2 Juliet Landau auto redemption Smile
PR-1 Leather coat from angel Smile Smile Smile

2 base sets

So after 2 boxes i have both pw's, well pleased with that Clap

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally recieved a new case after 8 weeks of waiting, damn postal service. Anyway heres my breakdown

A1
A2 (Redemption)
A3
A4 x2
A5 (Redemption)
A6
A7
A8 x2
A9
A10

PALZ Redemption
Boris Vallejo Autograph

Angel Pieceworks x 3
Buffy Pieceworks x 2
Angel Autographed Pieceworks

So thats a master set (minus the Buffy auto'd Pieceworks). Makes a change from my last case with 4 Soul Demon and 3 Clem Auto's !

Posts: 14 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
WOW congrats rogueslayer can't ask for a much better case break than that Thumb Up

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
Well after seeing the breakdown of the last case i decided to grab a box of this for something to do, here is the breakdown

BL2
HS4-5-6
SB2-3
A1 Dance

and ready for this
Buffy and Angel Autographed PW's in the same pack!!!!!! Apparently had stuck together!!!
Elephant Dance Elephant Dance Elephant Dance

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

Oh by the way APRIL FOOLS!! Razz

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are my God. I worship at your feet. That's just plain incredible. Major congratulations!

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not.

But, if that ever does happen to you in real life...

You are my God. I worship at...

Ah, forget it.

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:

Only got one decent wrapper. Are they making them thinner and more flimsy now? Weird.

Hi all. I didn't see a forum for introductions, so um....hi! *waves frantically* Big Grin

Star*Mystyk, I agree! I didn't open a single pack without tearing the entire wrapper in half!

Anyway, I opened a box of Spike cards last night. Here's the breakdown:

1 Complete Base Set (only missing 3 cards to make a second complete set)
BL1 - Hero's Journey
SB 4
HS2, HS3, and HS4
Auto Redemption for Juliet Landau

I really wished for a pieceworks card (although I do have one from previous single packs I have purchased from stores)....but I was thrilled with the Redemption card for Juliet (Dru rocks!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Starchild,

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Very nice pull starchild,a good first post for you.
Welcome aboard have fun and enjoy your stay Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Very nice pull starchild,a good first post for you.
Welcome aboard have fun and enjoy your stay Wave

Thank you very much! Smile

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am pretty new at this but from my very first case (ever) I think I did pretty well.

I got all autographs except Dru, 2 x Adam, 2 x Clem (black ink only). But in the very last box I opened I got my second James Marsters autograph and a autograph pieceworks redemption card. As you can probably imagine, I was a tad excited!

One of my favourite card series ever!

Posts: 5 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Just got my 3rd box... and it's the best one i've ever had!

I got:

BL1
SB1
SB6
HS4
HS5
HS6
AR-1 - Juliet Landau Dance
PR-1 - Angel pieceworks Elephant

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spikes_grl:
I am pretty new at this but from my very first case (ever) I think I did pretty well.

I got all autographs except Dru, 2 x Adam, 2 x Clem (black ink only). But in the very last box I opened I got my second James Marsters autograph and a autograph pieceworks redemption card. As you can probably imagine, I was a tad excited!

I know you Razz Don't know if it was this ID or my other Ebay ID, but I remember you Wink

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Box 1
HS6, HS7, HS8
SB4, SB5
BL3
A3 (Darla)

Box 2
HS1, HS8, HS9
SB3, SB4
BL1
A4 (Harmony) Smile

Was hoping for a Spike auto being as I still don't have one, but was pleased with what I got. My only complaint is the lack of any pieceworks. Shake Head The Spike+Buffy cards are purdy Big Grin ...

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
quote:
Originally posted by spikes_grl:

I know you Razz Don't know if it was this ID or my other Ebay ID, but I remember you Wink

Hi Star, yes I think I bought a season seven pieceworks from you Wink

Posts: 5 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Got my fourth box last week, and got -

2 base sets
SB2, SB3
HS1, HS5, HS8, HS9
A8 - Soul Demon

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daz
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

This is my first ever post so I hope it's all good.

Just the other day I recieved two boxs for the price of one from Collector Zone in the U.K.(£49.99 Including Delivery) I think I did quite well.

Box 1 No 6528

BL 2
H&S 3,4,5
S&B 3,4
A3 Julie Benz (Darla) Dance
PR1 Coat from Buffy Sheep (I was missing this so Yay!)

Box 2 No 6529

BL 3
H&S 1,2,8,9
S&B 1,2,6
A4 Mercades McNab Auto (Harmony) Dance
PR1 Coat from Angel
PTR1 Palz Redemtion Elephant

Also included in this box was a Family Guy P2 Promo and a Robots P-UK Promo.

Overall I think this was a good two boxs with the last one yealding extra chase cards.(Unusual for me)
The fact that I got Pieceworks from two consecutive boxs was also surprising considering I thought them to be inserted every 2-3 boxs.

Anyway, not complaing. Just wondered if the inclusion of Promos in packs is just a mistake or a new thing Inkworks has introduced?

Posts: 15 | Location: Huddersfield, UK | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daz:
Just wondered if the inclusion of Promos in packs is just a mistake or a new thing Inkworks has introduced?

It was just an unintended mistake. When promo cards are printed on the same form as base cards, a few of them sometimes fall into the wrong pile and end up in packs. You can either return them for replacement base cards or keep them and enjoy.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post