Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
i've only opened one box so far.

pulled 6 of the chase cards - 3 b+s and 3 h+s.
the pavayne auto (which i was quite happy about cos he was in charmed the other day)
and the angel pieceworks redemption.

i was very happy about that!! and my lil sister pulled it. as per usual!!lol!! she has the serious luck of the draw when it comes to pulling cards!!

i really wanted the clem auto card!! obviously the james marsters one would have been nice. but i wanted the clem one just as much!!

now i dont know whther to just buy the cards i want, or buy more boxes!!

lol!

Rachel
x x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of COSMIC GIRL
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes after trying to locate a card dealer who was stocking Spike boxes Shake Head

Anyhow, here's what I got :

Box 1 -
Box Loader BL2
HS2
HS3
HSI
SB3
SB4

Auto Redemption - Nikki Wood and......................................
Boris Vallejo auto card which looks very nice in foil.

Box 2 -
BL1
HS1
HS2
HS5
SB3
SB4

Auto A1 James Marsters Elephant and.........................................
Pieceworks Redemption PR1 Angel's coat Dance

The base cards are so nice, this is my fav set from Inkworks. Wish it was a 90 card set though. Spike's Speak is the best subset, love it.

Considering I have just got 2 boxes I am so pleased at my luck. I am now contemplating getting a case if my credit card can cope.

Well done Inkworks on producing a top rate fan friendly release. You have managed to capture the coolness & humour of Spike perfectly.
And can I just say that I do like Redemptions, cos it means I get 2 cards for the price of one. Bouncey

The redemption card designs are soooo nice Thumb Up

PS - for me this release is far superior to Buffy WOS Smile

Oh yeah - nearly forgot - also got the sell sheet & UK promo card from the super nice dealer to boot !!!!

Posts: 346 | Location: KENT UK | Registered: September 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spike's Speak is the best subset, love it.

completely agree!!!

made my mom laugh when she was helping me sort it, and she was amazed to see spike with clothes on, as she says that she only ever see's him when he was near naked in the show!!

Rachel
x x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got three more boxes today.

Box # 2358
BL2
A5 Julie Benz as Darla (2nd one, but who's complaining?)
SB1 (for the FOURTH time! "Menacing", indeed.)
SB6
HS5
HS6
HS7
HS8
PTR1 Metal Metal Metal

Box #4169
BL2
A4 Mercedes McNab as Harmony Clap Big Grin Elephant Big Grin Clap
SB2
SB3
and that's it! No "Heart and Soul" cards at all.

Box #4174
BL1
AR1 for A2 Juliet Landau as Drusilla Clap Big Grin Elephant Big Grin Clap
PR1 for Angel Pieceworks Redemption Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
SB3
SB4
SB5
HS4
HS5
HS6
HS7

Totals over 6 boxes:
3 of 3 Box Loaders (two complete sets)
2 of 4 Pieceworks (both the Angel versions)
5 of 10 Autographs (+1 duplicate)
6 of 6 Spike & Buffy (+ multiple extras)
9 of 9 Heart & Soul (+ multiple extras)
Boris Vallejo Autograph
Palz Figure
Rampant overuse of the forum's "smiley" icons

Sorry about the last, but after six boxes of Angel Season 5 and five boxes of Spike, I finally got a Harmony autograph! Along with the autos for Drusilla and Darla (including a duplicate) and the autographed pieceworks, I'm full of smiles. (Box #4169 was obviously Karma at work.)This is a great set. Now who's got an extra Spike for my extra Darla?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: morenomark,

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean morenomark - I'm pretty full of smiles myself. I can't get over the luck I've had with these boxes. I've come almost as close or closer to pulling a master set with 8 boxes of Spike than I did with a case of WoS and a case of Angel 5. I just hope all my luck isn't spent for the year before a "Lost" set comes out.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was quite pleased with my one box:-

Basic sets - 2 complete, one set missing #52
Box Loader - 3
Spike & Buffy - 5,6
Heart & Soul - 5,6,7,8
Auto - A7 George Hertzberg
Pieceworks Redemption - PR-1 Coat from Angel

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey nice pull people
Keep the magic going Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
6 boxes:

Box 1:
HS 1,7,8,9
SB 4,5
BL 1
A4 Harmony

Box 2:
HS 2,3,4
SB 1,2,6
BL3
A6
PR-1 (Angel)

Box 3:
HS 1,2,3,4
SB 1,2,6
BL 2
A7
PTR-1

Box 4:
HS 4,5,6
SB 2,3
BL 2
Redemption Aubert
PR-1 (Buffy)

Box 5:
HS 6,7,8
SB 3,4
BL 2
A3 Darla

Box 6:
HS 1,2,3,4
SB 3,4,5
BL 3
A10
BV1

One of the best sets Inkworks has done since Charmed PO3. The base set is well done, the auto card designs have a nice look, the Boris puzzle set is awesome, and there are a number of extras like the Palz card and the Boris auto card, along with the shot at autographed PW cards. Might pick up a couple more this weekend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Buffynut
posted Hide Post
Got my three boxes and am quite pleased:

Box 1:
BL2
HS3, HS4, HS5
SB4, SB5, SB6
AR-1 (K.D. Aubert)

Box 2:
BL3
HS2, HS3, HS4
SB3, SB5
PTR-1 Smile
AR-1 (Juliet Landau) Big Grin

Box 3:
BL2
HS4, HS5, HS6
SB5, SB6
A8 (Steven Bailey)
PR-1 (Angel) Big Grin

Love the cards, especially the Spike and Buffy set and the Heart and Soul puzzle. Now I'm heading to that site to fill the gaps...

"People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens, that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right."

Posts: 163 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
My one box arrived today. Here's how it broke down:

BL3
SB4, SB5
HS1, HS2, HS3, HS4
PTR-1 Thumb Up
A1 James Marsters!!! Dance Elephant Bouncey

I also put together 2 complete sets and was missing 18 cards to complete a third.

The HS1 card looks perfect on the back, but is off by about a quarter of an inch on the front. It doesn't line up with the other cards and there's a silver boarder at the top. Anyone else see this?

The James Marsters pull was great fun!! I didn't have any of his autos yet and really wanted one! Smile

Rich

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gilgle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich:
My one box arrived today. Here's how it broke down:

BL3
SB4, SB5
HS1, HS2, HS3, HS4
PTR-1 Thumb Up
A1 James Marsters!!! Dance Elephant Bouncey

I also put together 2 complete sets and was missing 18 cards to complete a third.

The HS1 card looks perfect on the back, but is off by about a quarter of an inch on the front. It doesn't line up with the other cards and there's a silver boarder at the top. Anyone else see this?

The James Marsters pull was great fun!! I didn't have any of his autos yet and really wanted one! Smile

Rich

Nice pulls rich!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1247 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
VERY nice pulls, Rich...wanna pick out my box for me when I get one? Pass the luck around Wink.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recieved a new box this morning...

Box # 1502

Box Loader Card BL2 (Needed for a 3rd BL set)

HS2, HS3, HS4 (Needed for a 3rd set)
SB3, SB4
A3 Julie Benz / Darla Thumb Up
BV1 Boris Vallejo Autograph Clap

On top of that I recieved my Kristine Sutherland Auto (WOS), Spike P-UKP card plus the Inkworks P-i Promo!

Posts: 14 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

I've been lurking for awhile now. Just bought my first box ever and very excited with what I got.

[LIST]
BL3
A3-DARLA AUTOGRAPH Clap
HS1-4
SB1 and SB6

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
Oops hit the enter button by accident.

I also pulled
PR-1(Angel) Metal Bouncey Clap Dance

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey opened my two boxes today, very pleased.
I got Kali Rocha-already have with WOS so may try to swap.
Simon Templeman
PR-1 (buffy!) Elephant
2 destiny boxloaders. Frown
H&S 2,3(x2),4(x2),5.

Overall good pull. still can't believe i got a p.w card!

Posts: 58 | Location: England | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey nice pulls Smile
Welcome to the board new Members Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wink

I too was a lurker for a while, I decided to join when the Spike set was released so I could share the excitement. I never bought much boxes in the past, just random packs then I got the the rest with auctions. But I've realised that boxes/cases are much more exciting, you never know what you'll get and when you do its personal value is much higher.

Posts: 14 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
Congrats on all the good pulls everyone. Wish me luck. Mine box should be coming any day now.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my second box today, very good box, Smile

Box Loader - 2
Heart & Soul - 6,7,8
Spike & Buffy - 3,4
Pieceworks Redemption - PR1 Buffy
Autograph - A1 James Marsters Big Grin

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post