Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spike: The Complete Story (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Daz

Good boxes and welcome to card talk Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:

It was just an unintended mistake. When promo cards are printed on the same form as base cards, a few of them sometimes fall into the wrong pile and end up in packs. You can either return them for replacement base cards or keep them and enjoy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Andy. I think I'll keep them and enjoy.

Posts: 15 | Location: Huddersfield, UK | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Daz

Good boxes and welcome to card talk Thumb Up

Cheers mate. Look forward to contributing. Wave

Posts: 15 | Location: Huddersfield, UK | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Those are great boxes! Smile

I got my best Spike box from the same place, they must be lucky!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prophecygirl:
Those are great boxes! Smile

I got my best Spike box from the same place, they must be lucky!

Thanks Wink

I do love their special offers but have been a bit unlucky in the past with a box of X-Files 4/5. Didn't get one auto or pieceworks. Frown

Anyway, it's given me the incentive to buy more stuff from them. Don't you just love credit cards!!!!

Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
One box:

- box loader: BL3
- puzzle: HS1, 2, 3, 4
- Spike & Buffy: SB1, 6
- auto: A3 Julie Benz (Darla)
- pieceworks: none Shake Head

Inkworks has definitely outdone themselves with this set with regards to the inserts, they are really beautiful Luv You

Julie Benz' auto is OK, but either she was really tired or her handwriting, well, leaves a lot to be desired... Although the previous one I got from her was very similar... Base cards are OK, a lot less "grainy" than previous Buffy/Angel releases, that's definitely a plus. All in all, I'm happy with my new Spike collection Thumb Up

Oh, forgot to add: same remark as both Stars (Mystyk and Child) regarding the wrappers; I think I managed to salvage only 3 out of the whole box... It was the same thing with the WOS release... Guess I'm gonna start cutting them open again Roll Eyes Unless Inkworks starts making them a bit sturdier Big Grin

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up a box and pulled a Pavayne (probably spelled incorrectly, lol) auto and the Boris Vallejo autographed card.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Base Sets x 2
Heart & Soul x 3
Spike + Buffy x 2
Auto: A10 Simon Templeman as Pavayne
Pieceworks: PR-1 Buffy Version

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BL2
SB3, SB4
HS2, HS3, HS4, HS5
A6 (Kali Rocha) Frown
PTR-1 (PALz Redemption)

Great set of cards, especially the Spike+Buffy. Dissapointed I didnt get any of the top 3 signers, or even Clem. Really dissapointed I didnt get a Pieceworks card. I dont collect PALz figures so if anyone is interested let me know.

Posts: 10 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Zeppo:
BL2
SB3, SB4
HS2, HS3, HS4, HS5
A6 (Kali Rocha) Frown
PTR-1 (PALz Redemption)

Great set of cards, especially the Spike+Buffy. Dissapointed I didnt get any of the top 3 signers, or even Clem. Really dissapointed I didnt get a Pieceworks card. I dont collect PALz figures so if anyone is interested let me know.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the cards that you were looking to, but I would certainly be interested in that Palz Redemption Card, if you care to consider a trade. My list of "Haves" can be found here:

Starchild's Have List

Drop me an email (addy is in my profile) and let me know. Big Grin

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The_Zeppo - Give me an email and I can put you on to a dealer that's doing deals on this set. Anyone else as well Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Bought another cheap box, still trying for the Marsters auto'd PWC, lol.

Base Sets x 2 (Was able to make up another with my spares from this box and my last box)
Heart & Soul x 3
Spike + Buffy x 2
Auto: A9 Soul Demon Mad
Pieceworks: PR-1 Angel Version

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi all, i bought a box of spike- only my third box of cards ever bought.

2x base sets
bl-3
SB 3,4
hs 1,8,9
James marsters auto Clap Clap Clap

and yes there was a happy dance aroung the room.

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Marsters auto!!!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Bought one box on the Bay: Smile

-Box Loader: BL2 (damaged)
-Heart & Soul: HS3, HS4, HS5
-Spike & Buffy: SB5, SB6
-Autograph: A9 James C. Leary (Clem) Big Grin

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Also picked up a box on that auction site.

Base sets x2 plus most of a third
Box Loader BL1
Heart and Soul x3 HS3, HS4, HS5
Buffy and Spike x2 BS5, BS6
Autograph Kali Rocha as Cecily Adams (also played Halfrek)
plus the BV-1 Boris Vallejos card!

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Nice break blwilson! Bouncey

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post