Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    WWE Platinum (Topps)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWE Platinum (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy Don,

I felt this set was quite challenging given comments I have read on this forum and others.

I have very few base set cards as the only wons I own came with chase cards I bought on the internet as little extras.

I don't have an on card checklist but I did print off a paper copy from the Topps Website and have been highlighting the cards as I aquire them.

I have been watching a couple of complete sets on eBay but resisted purchasing them because where is the fun in just buying the set.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I finally succumbed and purchased a complete set of the set and both 25 card insert sets.

I am a little disappointed in myself as I would have liked to have built my set from packs but shipping and customs and excise laid that to rest and after a further 6 failed eBay auctions for packs at the weekend I clicked the Buy It Now button that I had been avoiding until now.

I really wish this post had been what I cracked from those packs but it was not to be.

Thanks everyone who has posted on this thread I have really enjoyed reading it.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This set is both fun and interesting to put together. Each week when I make my Wal-mart trip I buy a bonus pack with 3 packs and the 3 x-fractor cards. So Far I have purchased 7 packs. I have 20 differnet x-fractor cards 1 dupe. 1 unnumbered relic, 1 relic numbered out of 99, 1 auto out of 99. 1 green and 1gold numbered card and 19 "fat" cards. I have about a dozen inserts from the 2 25card insert sets. On average I am getting 3 "regular" base cards, per pack! With dupes I have about 40+ cards towards the base set! Maybe I will finish it, but I am being entertained by this set!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Picked up the $8.99 packs (3 packs and another clear pack inserted), and got a Randy Orton Authentic event-worn Platinum Relic card #97. (Black - cloth type of material).

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post