Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    WWE Platinum (Topps)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWE Platinum (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
1 Blaster box & 1 retail pack
8 packs, 5 foil cards each

29 commons
3 checklists
9 thick regular parallels
2 platinum performance PP2,12 1:4
3 legendary superstars LS6,16,22 1:4
1 PP9 green parallel 314/499 1:53 Thumb Up
1 gold parallel #33 15/50 1:267 Clap

Hobby box on the way. It's supposed to be loaded. Smokin' Check back for pics.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 hobby packs, one packhad a numbered green variant, and a signed relic!

Boxes are supposed to have 3 hits.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up two Value packs.

Each pack has three packs with three exclusive xfactor parallels.
The refractors look like something from the 70's. Pulled a relic card from group C.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 3 pack value pack.
I got a Shamus card 100 relic card #ed out of 99 and PP18 card.

I like the look of the Platinum cards. Platinum baseball and football were big hits in the shop I used to work at.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Picked up 2 hobby packs, one packhad a numbered green variant, and a signed relic!

Boxes are supposed to have 3 hits.

Cool pull on the autograph relic. Thumb Up Who did you get?

quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Pulled a relic card from group C.
Cool Cool Who did you get?

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally got a hobby box of this stuff and it was a really fun break.

Randy Orton Gold Base #8/50
John Morrison Relic #239/399 (red and green color)
Trent Baretta Autograph #28/99
Big Show Autograph Relic #102/275 (all black)

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Darth Vader Fan - got a C M Punk signed relic - they don't identify the relic, I think it's a shirt. Since i picked this up, I've bought some more packs, no more autos or relics, but I've found several numbered parrallels, including a gold parrallel numbered to 50 today.
This is an overwhelming set, since the base cards come in so many variants, I have 3 variants of many cards, and it's a big stack. I'm still 40 numbers away from a set.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I pulled...
event-used relic for MVP, TDebiase auto, and like Don a CM Punk auto/relic and several parallels, including two golds.
Still four cards from the base set.
Have another hobby box on the way. Angel

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 2nd 3 card bonus pack. Got a
Earthquake gold parrell 45/50
PP-24 Eve

36 cards total and only 21 towards a base set! The other cards are all either "fat" cards, x-fractor, inserts and the relic card!

Still one of the nicest sets I have seen in a while. I will keep picking up packs one at a time when I go to Wal-mart!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
One more hobby box...

Trent Barreta auto 25/271 ...signed Trent?
R-Truth event-used relic RED 2/10 1:6000
Kofi Kingston auto/relic BLUE 48/99

The look of this set is very good, and the hits were as promised. Also pulled the expected number of thick, green, blue and gold parallels.
However, after two hobby boxes I am still two cards shy of a base set, and sixteen cards shy of a second set. Frankly, that is unacceptable and outrageous!!! Mad
Granted, there is no way to complete a base set with one hobby box, but TWO BOXES?
Anybody can help with these please email...

Overall grade D+/C-
Pros: Design, look, insert ratios, and nice hits.
Cons: Base set completion.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to the local shop today and bought seven loose packs of Platinum. In the last pack I pulled a Chris Jericho autograph (#114/271) Clap Bouncey Dance

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 more packs today -got a printing plate! My first pack pulled plate. It was the blue plate from card #1, John Cena

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Xtime
Email sent regarding your wants

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bought 3 more packs today -got a printing plate! My first pack pulled plate. It was the blue plate from card #1, John Cena

That is awesome you are so lucky!

I haven't been able to get any of these packs in the UK so far.

I have bought a few Chase Cards on eBay but I would love to be able to open some packs but the boxes I have found online are just too expensive to have shipped and the value would trigger Customs charges and import fees Frown.

I will just have to live vicariously through you folks keep posting.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks William. I had stopped by the shop again Monday just to tide me over before the big storm hit, and I picked up a Chris Jericho auto number 1 of 99, from the same box.

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had stopped by the shop again Monday just to tide me over before the big storm hit, and I picked up a Chris Jericho auto number 1 of 99, from the same box.

Nice pull! Smile

I would love to get my hands on some of the packs you choose, so lucky!

I am rooting for you on your next shop run, keep me updated.

TTFN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: william291077,

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Even though this is a box breakdown thread, I still haven't bought a box - but I'm doing pretty well on these. Last weekend I picked up one pack, and got a triple relic, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston and The Miz, numbered 94/99. Tonight I picked up one more pack, got a Kofi Kingston signed relic, also 94/99, and also in the pack, a parrallel numbered to 499. With the Jon Cena printing plate, and the Chris Jericho auto, I have pulled 4 big hits from that box - and there are still packs in the box. Got to say I'm happy with these, along with another triple relic card and the C. M. Punk signed relic I've been lucky.

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Don,

I am so jealous! I had to buy my Kelly Kelly auto on eBay.

I have picked up a few other cards at auction but what I really want is a Kelly Kelly printing plate, the only ones I've seen were too expensive to justify.

I did buy myself the Green Kelly Kelly 1/499, so nice they named her twice.

TTFN

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Just not the same as pulling them out of packs though.

If I lived in the US I can honestly say I would have opened cases of this set by now.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Glad you could get your hands on some of these William.

This is a hard set to complete, I still don't have a full set of base cards, and I think xtime is also missing one card. My set includes the thick refractors, parallels, and the speckled refractors from rack packs. I think what you are doing, collecting your favorites, is a good thing considering it's hard to get your hands on a box. Do you have a checklist? They are pretty common, I have about 20 of them.