Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR Return of The King (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Return of The King (Topps)
 Login/Join

posted
1 x 36 packet box - 7 cards per packet

2 Bases Sets (90 cards)
6 Prismatic Foils Cards (1:6) (From 10)
Richard Taylor (Weta Workshop) Autograph Card (1:36)
1 Additional Foil Box Topper (1 of 2)

Interestingly all my additional 65 base cards are singles, (there is not duplication among the spares). This means I'm either really lucky or that Topps collation is excellent.

Posts: 25 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I got a box, just because. Not that I need anything from this series.
I haven't sorted out the commons yet, there'd be at least 1 base set, for sure.

Prismatic Foils: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Bonus Foil #1
Auto: Figwit (Bret McKenzie)

What's the diff between a retail and a hobby box with ROTK? Apparently this was supposed to be a hobby box, but i'm not so sure about that.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Retail boxes have only 24 packs.

And only one retail box in three has an auto in it I believe

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Hobby Box cheap at the Philly Show!!Big Grin

Base Sets: 2
Box Topper: 1 of 2
Prismatic Foils: 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Auto: David Wenhham as Faramir Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's the diff between a retail and a hobby box with ROTK? Apparently this was supposed to be a hobby box, but i'm not so sure about that.

A hobby box will have sketches and have an "H" inside a star shaped burst on the box. Will say Hobby Edition in the circle of the burst.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
I picked up a case of LOTR ROTK at the recent Collectormania show in the UK. Here's what I got:

19 base sets
4 sets of box topper cards
3 10-card prismatic foil sets + 10 spares
Autos:
2 x Christopher Lee
2 x Ian Holm
2 x Brett McKenzie
1 x Karl Urban
1 x Bernard Hill

Really please with the autos - Christopher Lee was supposed to only be 1:660 packs so I was really lucky to get 2 in a case.

Posts: 25 | Location: Bristol, UK | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
wow 2* Christopher lee Metal

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yaourtland
posted Hide Post
Opened a box today
Base set : not yet sorted
Foil : 6
Auto : Christopher Lee

Good box as I was only interested by auto and pick a good one Bouncey

Posts: 21 | Location: Belgium | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post