Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
tell me about it i ain't too happy i will have to go and spend a load more to get the last few cards as they will be the highest value ones too

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is really depressing.It seems we have the first non sport card set that is produced like a sports set.

You have very common jersey cards that crop up every other box,a number of short printed auto cards to attract buyers and a large number of memorabilia cards in total.

This is typical of the sports cards produced in the USA for Baseball,American Football,and Basketball with auto's in short supply and loads of common memorabilia cards.

Not a good sign for the hobby as a whole.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gimli:
tell me about it i ain't too happy i will have to go and spend a load more to get the last few cards as they will be the highest value ones too

Indeed: short of the two highest price autos, which will probably cost you the equivalent of another two *cases* of cards to obtain...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you think they will be that cheap?

I would gladly swap 2 of my sealed cases for those two cards.

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olly:
Do you think they will be that cheap?

Probably not, but I doubt gimli wants to hear it'll cost him another couple of thousand pounds to complete a set he's already forked out ten grand to try and finish.

In all honesty, if the cards are as rare as they're being touted, it could be double that initial investment to get a Master Run. It's what people will be prepared to pay to get them, after all...

In my opinion, if you're happy to swap cases for single cards, then there is *definitely* something amiss.

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seriously. If someone had a Harry auto I would gladly hand over 2 cases for it! Thumb Up

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Yep, indeed so would I. And in order to get the deal and outdo Olly Wavey I'd offer 2 cases and a sealed box

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Roz you haven't got a sealed box let alone two cases to hand over Roll Eyes

Big Grin

Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Nope but I will Monday Clap I opened the 4 I got from you yesterday you are right Smile

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So now all you need is someone with a Harry Auto and you're set!

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I'm just astounded by this whole conversation. Willing to trade 2 sealed cases for one autograph... If I happened to pull it from my couple of boxes, I wonder if I'd be able to keep it... 25 cases and only one of the top three autos (not including the triple which was pulled). That's just nuts!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is crazy..but we are 18 cases in and still no BIG auto.

I would rather not open anymore and just my hands on the cards directly.

To much of a risk with the cases.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If this does not make you all think twice next time then nothing will. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Burn me once more fool me.
Burn me twice more fool you.

Burn me again I must have bought trading cards.

Seriously I think the set is great.
Just hard to pull the difficult cards.
Imagine everyone wanting to pull a disney sketch and expecting to.

Darren warned me I would be lucky to get one high end auto from 25 cases.

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olly:
Imagine everyone wanting to pull a disney sketch and expecting to.

With respect, I'd say this is *nothing* like Disney Treasures, where the odds may be as long as *some* of the cards inserted into this set. However, there is *nowhere* near the number of inserts, and by the looks of this it may not also be the Ultra-Rare cards that will ultimately prove hard to find/buy. Plus, where are the case incentives in Disney?

You think the set is great, yet you don't want the 'risk' with the cases...?

Surely you can't have it both ways?

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Picture of scouse691
posted Hide Post
Just thought I would let everyone know that I pulled the Harry auto in my second case Bouncey

What's all the fuss about ??? Drool

Posts: 176 | Location: Oxfordshire, UK | Registered: November 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
It is a beautiful set, totally agreed Olly, they have taken the best of the last set and improved on it. There is another daily prophet but it was such a popular card that no one will mind another Big Grin and it's not like all the reasonably priced costumes are George Weasley or Dudley DUrsley costumes, you can have a Harry Hermione and Ron clothing card quite reasonably this time and with plenty to choose from Smile This is not a "master set" collectors set. I think setting out for one is grounds for divorce in most marriages (watch out Chris Wink) but there is plenty of good stuff here Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
xSaBx

With respect I think you are being arguementitive for the sake of it and not taking my opinion as my opinion. Roll Eyes

quote:
Surely you can't have it both ways?

Yes I can. I can open over 20 cases and then decide not to open anymore and try to get the autos somewhere else. And I can also like the cards. Why not?

quote:
I'd say this is *nothing* like Disney Treasures

It was a comparison of the HP autos to the Diseny sketches. And I wasn't being literal.
And in no way was I comparing such things as number of inserts and incentives. Just that the autos are as RARE as are the Disney Sketches.

quote:
You think the set is great, yet you don't want the 'risk' with the cases...?

It just makes good business sense not to keep opening a product with such long odds.
Why open cases at "x" amount each when you can get the cards you need on eBay for less than several cases.

All what I have posted is my personal opinion. I am sharing my thoughts with others as I have had the advantage of opening over 20 cases of this product.

If you chose to argue with that then that is prerogative your but I am only trying to share in what is becoming a more and more argumentitive forum.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scouse691:
Just thought I would let everyone know that I pulled the Harry auto in my second case Bouncey

What's all the fuss about ??? Drool

Show off!! Big Grin

Oh and I know I am not a moderator but perhaps this topic could go back to what it is supposed to be...Box Breakdowns.

Sorry if I hijacked the topic. Frown

Picture of lurtz
posted Hide Post
well i thought i was a completist but this set has really bought me down to earth. but i do feel it is for the best has i now will order my case hope for that lucky pull. but not spend the rest of my time looking for cards i dont need and carnt afford just to fill my gaps, 18 months in the clouds but know am back down to earth with a bump.

Posts: 54 | Location: uk | Registered: November 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post