Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
All that from 6 boxes?! Eek
Congratulations!

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of SrisonS
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think I did pretty good, considering some of the other breaks I've seen. Even just getting 2 autos in 6 boxes is good. Some people don't even get an auto in a case.

[Post Edited]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 3 | Location: Kissimmee, FL | Registered: November 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Hi SrisonS and Welcome to Card Talk!

Just had to edit your post, as you're not really allowed to post links to other Forums on Card Talk. Sorry about that, and hope that doesn't stop your enjoyment here!

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of SrisonS
posted Hide Post
Oops!!! Sorry about that. Won't happen again.

Posts: 3 | Location: Kissimmee, FL | Registered: November 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Box 1
-------

5 Refractor Foils - R3, R4, R5, R7, R9
2 Checklists
Prop Card (Sleeping Bag) [1147/1980] (not the 1960 stated in the inital post on page 1)

Box 2
-------

5 Refractor Foils - R1, R2, R3, R6 R8
2 Checklists
Costume Card (Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy) [158/628]

Looks like I got the right 2 boxes to make a complete set of the 9 Refractor foil cards (with one extra).

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fazzinchi
posted Hide Post
Just opened my 2 boxes and, while I didn't get anything "extra special" (1x Cedric's Quidditch Robe 1155/2173 and 1x Hermione's Coat 209/730), I did get 2 complete basic sets in each box with only a handful of spares.

Posts: 35 | Location: Chichester, UK | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 box...

1 base set with the 2nd one 1 card short
1 box topper
5 foils
1 costume card: Remus Lupin 2510/2900

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dud box
3 foils
1 boxtopp Frowner

Posts: 48 | Location: Portage,Mi,usa | Registered: September 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two more boxes just opened and managed to get

Auto:
The Fat Lady

Costume Cards:
Aunt Marge 022/430
Harry Potter /2173

And a film cell card

Am well pleased Smile

Posts: 3 | Location: England | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You just couldn't resist opening those boxes could you Smile.

Glad to see you got some nice pulls,I was worried you might have opened the best boxes already.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
You just couldn't resist opening those boxes could you Smile.

Glad to see you got some nice pulls,I was worried you might have opened the best boxes already.

Terrible isn't it lol the urge was strong and won in the end. Glad it did now Smile

Posts: 3 | Location: England | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Another single box, and more proof that the collation machine went a bit ka-ka... Big Grin

2 Basic sets
*EIGHT* foil cards. Only missing an R2 for a complete foil run. ALL the cards were in consecutive packs.
Hermione Costume Card 541/628 (Pink hoodie) and it's got *everything*: Stitching, a seam, and a large square of dirt for good measure...

This'll all be going on my Trade list shortly... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of solo-977
posted Hide Post
Opened 8 boxes today.
Base sets- not counted to tired.
foil sets x3 6 spare
Box topper sets x2

Autos-
Uncle Vern
Vincent crabbe

Props
Fizzing whizzbees- 401/430
Sleeping bag- 1338/1980
Divination clas- 653/845

Costumes-
Gryffindor tie- 249/330
Fudge- 729/830
Harry- 1883/2173
Harry (red)- 0206/1143
Lupin- 0919/2900

Film cells-
331-snape
524- harry talking to rons dad
596- harry and hermine in class.

Posts: 294 | Location: Geelong vic, Australia | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one box
5 foils
knight bus film card 589/900 Smile
Aunt Marge auto redemption Smile
buckbeak feather 342/390 Elephant

of course I'm sitting here saying good box good box and my cat thinks I've lost it completely.

Posts: 48 | Location: Portage,Mi,usa | Registered: September 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by danfink3:
of course I'm sitting here saying good box good box and my cat thinks I've lost it completely.

LOL - I can definitely see myself doing something like that. I think major congratulations are in order!

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, bah humbug. I waited to post this until my mood improved. It goes to show that I should have followed the voice in my head that told me to quit while I was ahead, in breaking down my Hobby case.

Box #1 produced an auto (Aunt Marge redemption), a film cel, and a decent costume card (Hermione's Trousers). Almost as good as danfink3's box. Razz At that point I certainly didn't have anything to complain about! But I certainly missed out on my quota for the other nine boxes in the case. I admit that there was at least one chase per box. Here's the final for the case:

AUTOGRAPH (1)
Aunt Marge (redemption)

PROP CARDS (3)
Sleeping Bag (0578/1960)
Unfogging the Future (836/930)
Unfogging the Future (837/930)

COSTUME CARDS (8)
Cedric Diggory (1081/2173)
Draco Malfoy (013/628)
Draco Malfoy (016/628)
Harry's Cardigan (0104/2173)
Harry's Close-Up Quidditch (1610/2173)
Hermione's Trousers (374/730)
Lupin's Jacket (0613/2900)
Lupin's Jacket (0621/2900)

FILM CELS (2 only)
Harry & Mr Weasley (039/900)
Lupin & boggart dementors (497/900)

CASE-TOPPER
Prison with Sirius Black

I would have felt a bit better if I hadn't duplicated three items in a single case. Altogether, this case probably wasn't as disappointing as gimli's worst case, but it came in at about 2/3 the "average" value for case-pulls. It sounds like Triple-Frog had my experience times six.

Base card collation ranged from excellent to okay. Every box provided one complete set. One box provided two sets. Five boxes provided one set, short exactly one card for a second full set. (If they're going to come that close, you would think they could work a bit harder and shoot for two sets.)

Across the case, I found from 4-6 copies of each foil card. Only one complete set of box-toppers.

I didn't find any one-card packs, but did find two packs in the case with 9 base cards. One box in the case didn't have the round sticker-seal inside the cello, so it's my theory (and I'm sticking to it) that they took out my hot box and replaced it with another. In one box, one pack was reversed in direction, so obviously this one would have been my Radcliffe auto, but they took it out and gave it somebody else.

Undoubtedly I get to have some more fun in the aftermarket! Surf

Jeff

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My cases were not quite that bad.It was the duplication that frustrated me as two cases had two of the same auto in and the other four each had two different autos but all duplicates. Roll Eyes

eg. Case 1 2 Pansy Parkinsons
Case 2 2 Percy Weasleys
Case 3 Conductor and Pnasy Parkinson
Case 4 Conductor and Percy Weasley
Case 5 Dudley Dursley and Ernie Prang
Case 6 Dudley Dursley and Ernie Prang

I expected a lot of duplicates in the costumes and props given there were so many but was hoping for at least 10 different autos out of 12 with such a big list of signers.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
opened 7th and 8th boxes. that will do it for me on boxes. Wink
7th box hermione film cell 842/900( noticeable crease in film) Frown
choir conductor auto Smile
lupin costume 2395/2900
8th box
hermione costume 605/628 Wavey
So for 8 boxes 2 autos 3 film cells and one dud box. Not too bad I guess.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
All right, here goes a four-box bust (just finished, sets aren't sorted as of yet, assorted foils in each box):

Box 1:
Lupin Costume /2900

Box 2:
Gryfyndor Costume (looks to be a tie, two colors) /330

Box 3:
Lupin Costume /2900 Frown
Film Cell: Buckbeak/Harry front (head in bus) /900

Box 4:
Map Prop /500
Genevieve Gaunt autograph
Emma Watson autograph Elephant

After being a little disappointed after three boxes and no autograph, I went against my better judgement and busted the fourth. Good thing I did. Both autographs came from the same pack. Odd, but I'm not complaining.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Another dud box:

5 foils (three of them R4, R5, R7)
No costume, no autograph
I'm sure I got a base set but as I don't collect them other than Star Trek I didn't bother to collate the base cards

Two Harry Potter boxes for me (yes, hobby) and two duds means that Artbox won't get a penny of my money again.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post