Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to sorting my case and box. Here's what I got:

Box Toppers 2 sets + 3 extra
Foils 5 sets + extra

AUTOGRAPHS
Ron Weasley Bouncey Damaged Confused
Ernie Prang Redemption

COSTUME CARDS
Prof. Lupin's Coat 0050/2900
Harry Potter's Sweater 0904/2173
Harry Potter's Quidditch Outfit 1884/2173
Cedric Diggory Quidditch Outfit 0983/2173
Draco Malfoy 306/628
Neville Longbottom 0272/1170
Hermione's Scarf 141/730

PROP CARDS
Divination Class 105/845
Sleeping Bag 1525/1980

CREATURE CARDS
Grim Fur 607/880

FILM CARDS
Harry Petronus 595/900
Lupin in Classroom 772/900
Werewolf 809/900
Knight Bus 877/900

I bought these cards on impulse and I love them! There are so many chase cards so it's hard to complete a master set, but I still love the idea of opening more than one or two packs that contain chase cards per box.

Looking at people's pulls from here I'm really happy with what I got. I hope that Artbox has a Grint Auto handy to replace. I've sent it already and am hoping for the best. Much better than my Star Wars heritage cases.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Got three boxes from two sources before Christmas - after these breakdowns I SHOULD have not bought any in the first place...

Box 1 - BT3
R2, 3, 6, 7, 8
Divination Class (299/930)

Box 2 - BT3
R2, 3, 6, 7, 8
Divination Class (397/930)

Box 3 - BT3
R2, 3, 6, 7, 8
Harry Quidditch (92/2173)
Film Card (818/900) - sure wish these were named - the film has Sirius in prison while the picture is Harry looking at the courtyard

Think I got 5 base sets out of the 3 boxes, but look at the boxloaders & Chase - LOTS of duplication...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of EmmasOneandOnly
posted Hide Post
You guys got some great cards. I hope to get a few cards from my box. But I'm only buying one so better cross my fingers

I only have three cards as of now.
George Weasleys Quidditch Card
Harry Potters Black Robe
&
Hermiones Trousers

I'm working on a just Emma collection so I hope I pull all things Emma *and maybe a Buckbeak, Map, or Willow prop card Big Grin*
Mike

Posts: 5 | Location: Tampa, Flroida | Registered: March 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Emmas! Hope you enjoy your time here! Alot of great and knowledgable people here!
Have Fun and Great Collecting! Bouncey

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of EmmasOneandOnly
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: Tampa, Flroida | Registered: March 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Got my box in the mail today !!
Have
BT2
Foils cards R2,R3,R4,R6,R8
Prop cards #296/480 Daily Prophet
#018/335 Wanted Poster

GReat buy!!!! luvem!!!! Clap

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Not a great box drat Frown

one common set
8 cards short of a second set
3 commons were severely damaged,luckily all three were not needed.

BT4
R:1,2,6(2),8(2)
Harry Quidditch 685/2173
Harry (red)- 157/1143

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yervi
posted Hide Post
Got my first box today, went to my local card shop and the guy didnt have anything new and i felt like spending money so i picked up one box of POA update for 45 dollars and here was my outcome.

Creature Card - Buckbeak Feather 301/390
Autograph - Ernie Prang
Film Cel - 476/900

Posts: 57 | Location: USA | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened one box

Creature Card - Buckbeak Feather 20/390

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Got my first box of this set for a good price:

Box-Topper: BT2
Foil Cards: R2, R4, R5, R7, R9
Costume: Harry Potter's Sweater (1588/2173)
Cinema: Harry and Snape (104/900)
Auto: Harry Melling (Dudley Dursley)

That was a great box!

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
GREAT BOX Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
I arranged to buy 4 boxes off a guy on eBay who used to post a lot here (spent £90.00) and got baddly burned, as in the cards never turned up and he refused to respond to e-mails and all sorts, so I left this alone, but the lists of cards you guys have posted make me wish I had grabed some! Looking forward to the GoF cards now.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
I just got a couple of boxes off eBay, and got:
Weasley Twins Double auto (my second) and the Daily Prophet prop card (191/480) in one box, and Neville's costume (0796/1170) in the other. Anyone want to trade something for the double auto?

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Hi all, got one of these boxes today. I did okay, but am concerned about the autograph redemption I pulled of Uncle Vernon. The back of the card says the expiration is 11-03-05. Does anyone know if they will still honor this redemption?

My prop card was a very nice variant of the Divination Class prop:

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OMG!
I love it! Nice pull! Thumb Up

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Hi all, got one of these boxes today. I did okay, but am concerned about the autograph redemption I pulled of Uncle Vernon. The back of the card says the expiration is 11-03-05. Does anyone know if they will still honor this redemption?
Email them. My sister got an expired Julie Christie auto redeemed a month ago with the same expiry date as yours Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
I opened a box yesterday on the "Open that box" day and i think some good pulls.

1 full set (miss 5 cards for another set)
5 prismatic cards (R2,R4,R5,R7,R8)
1 box topper (BT4)
1 costume of Cedric Diggory Quidditch 1105/2173
1 film card 588/900 (with harry Potter on the card)
and.........
and.........
Phelps twins dual auto (only 300 made) Elephant Clap Metal

It's my first time that i open a HP box and i'm very pleased. I think i'll open the other 3 boxes that i have Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Number_one,

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Number_one:
I opened a box yesterday on the "Open that box" day and i think some good pulls.

1 full set (miss 5 cards for another set)
5 prismatic cards (R2,R4,R5,R7,R8)
1 box topper (BT4)
1 costume of Cedric Diggory Quidditch 1105/2173
1 film card 588/900 (with harry Potter on the card)
and.........
and.........
Phelps twins dual auto (only 300 made) Elephant Clap Metal

It's my first time that i open a HP box and i'm very pleased. I think i'll open the other 3 boxes that i have Wink

Nice Box Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Just opened 2 more box with my girlfriend.

Box 1
1 complete set
1 box topper BT1
5 prismatic cards R1,R3,R5,R7&R9
1 prop card.... the marauder's map 333/500 Dance Clap

a very good box

Box 2

2 complete set (3 sets with 2 boxes)
1 box topper BT2
5 prismatic cards R1,R2,R4,R6 & R8
1 costume card Neville Longbottom cape 0037/1170 Frown

Not a very good box

I'm pretty happy overall (my girlfriend also. It's the only set that she wants to open boxes!!!)

Luc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Number_one,

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes from collectormania and was pretty disapointed with what i pulled:

inserts

Box 1
Warick Davis Auto (wouldnt have minded but got his auto when i met him in person a few hours earlier... Roll Eyes
box 2
harrys quidditch robe....(brought this card cheap only a few hours earlier at collectormania)

Red Face Talk about bad luck! suppose its quite funny though haha Big Grin

Posts: 15 | Location: UK | Registered: July 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post